• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu reviews this week

duckroll

Xenosaga Ep3 9/9/8/7 (33/40)
Tekken DR 8/8/7/8 (31/40)
Rockman ZX 8/8/7/8 (31/40)

Brave Story PSP 8/8/8/9 (33/40)
Brave Story PS2 6/7/6/6 (25/40)
Brave Story DS 6/6/5/7 (24/40

Ultimate Spiderman 8/7/7/7 (29/40)
Scarlet Piece 6/5/5/5 (21/40)
Hana Ki Sou 6/7/6/5 (24/40)
Milon's Secret Castle Puzzle 6/6/6/7 (25/40)

Cars PS2 7/6/6/5 (24/40)
Cars GC 7/6/6/5 (24/40)
Cars GBA 4/5/5/6 (20/40)
Cars DS 5/5/5/6 (21/40)
Cars PSP 7/6/7/7 (27/40)

Troidal

Wow, high score for Brave Story PSP.
I've been kinda curious how the game is.

I'm gonna go D/L the demo from one of those PlayStation Spot kiosks.

Brofist

duckroll said:
Brave Story PSP 8/8/8/9 (33/40)
Brave Story PS2 6/7/6/6 (25/40)
Brave Story DS 6/6/5/7 (24/40

after having had seen the screen shots that is certainly no surprise

Bebpo

Banned
Troidal said:
Wow, high score for Brave Story PSP.
I've been kinda curious how the game is.

I'm gonna go D/L the demo from one of those PlayStation Spot kiosks.

Dengeki slammed the game with 70s and the demo is just some mini-game, not the actual Brave Story game.

Sounds more like Famitsu moneyhats than anything to me.

Troidal

Bebpo said:
Dengeki slammed the game with 70s and the demo is just some mini-game, not the actual Brave Story game.

Sounds more like Famitsu moneyhats than anything to me.

Mini-games??? Screw dat :-/

Dengeki > Famitsu

duckroll

I think I should explain. Dengeki's numberical score wasn't that hot for Brave Story PSP, but they did give an "A" in overall ranking. They said it was a good game if you enjoy normal RPGs, but you can't skip cutscenes and there's no map in dungeons and you can get lost. High encounter rate too. It basically a pretty portable-unfriendly RPG, with great graphics and production values.

llTll

Banned
nice score for Tekken. i was afraid it plays like the GBA tekken :D

thanks god :D. i will buy this game when i get psp

duckroll

The Mighty Schwein said:
I'm also wondering how the Zero games scored for comparison with ZX

Rockman Zero - 5/7/7/7 (26/40)
Rockman Zero 2 - 8/8/6/9 (31/40)
Rockman Zero 3 - 8/7/7/6 (28/40)
Rockman Zero 4 – 8/7/8/8 (31/40)

mutsu

duckroll said:
Cars PS2 7/6/6/5 (24/40)
Cars GC 7/6/6/5 (24/40)
Cars GBA 4/5/5/6 (20/40)
Cars DS 5/5/5/6 (21/40)
Cars PSP 7/6/7/7 (27/40)

ALL K.O.

Why PSP the highest???

demi

Damn, had my hopes all up too, I would have imported it right away. I already own Bust a Move DS, don't need another one.

duckroll

Famitsu reviews confirm that Xenosaga Ep3 has long cutscenes and short load times! Brave Story PSP has short load times as well! Rejoice! :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I loved the XS story, but god, XS2 was sooo bad. I`m curious if XS3 actually rectifies anything.

Also, wtf is with those RMZX scores? Too hard for Famitsu? :p

7Th

TheTrin said:
I loved the XS story, but god, XS2 was sooo bad. I`m curious if XS3 actually rectifies anything.

Also, wtf is with those RMZX scores? Too hard for Famitsu? :p

GBA's Zero were also low, so I think so.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmmm...so the ZX score is in line with the rest of the series. No worries there.

XSIII did OK, but I'm not yet sure if I will bother with that one or not.

Do you have any of the actual texts handy (original text), ducky?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
7Th said:
GBA's Zero were also low, so I think so.

I found RMZ painfully hard, but still fun. I wouldn`t mind a little less crazy difficulty in RMZX. I don`t mean easy, I just mean a little toning down.

Keep in mind, I played and beat most of the RMX games before X5, so I know RM difficulty as well as any other fan.

bloke

Famitsu X360 reviews for this month, hope they're correct (source: 2ch)

Cromehounds 9/8/7/8
Senko no Ronde Rev.X 8/9/6/7 *6 points guy what the f*
TXR X 8/7/7/7
Major League Baseball 2K6 6/7/7/8
Zegapain XOR 8/6/6/7
Aqua Zone 5/7/7/5

Bullet Witch cover, no new games, Project Sylph gets 6 pages treatment, that Diario Rebirth Moon Legend game from Idea Factory looks to be new version of Rebirth Moon (PS2), Dead Rising jp released date 09/28 Z rated

thetrin

Has anyone seen the JP Bullet Witch CM on tv yet? It`s actually decent. Makes me wonder how a game like that has a decent CM, and VP2 got the fugly larping session.

I was hoping Tekken would score better. I hope there's nothing wrong with the game. Has the 60fps been confirmed, last I heard it might be 30.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
bloke said:
Famitsu X360 reviews for this month, hope they're correct (source: 2ch)

Cromehounds 9/8/7/8
Senko no Ronde Rev.X 8/9/6/7 *6 points guy what the f*
TXR X 8/7/7/7
Major League Baseball 2K6 6/7/7/8
Zegapain XOR 8/6/6/7
Aqua Zone 5/7/7/5

Bullet Witch cover, no new games, Project Sylph gets 6 pages treatment, that Diario Rebirth Moon Legend game from Idea Factory looks to be new version of Rebirth Moon (PS2), Dead Rising jp released date 09/28 Z rated
So basically none of these games are *really* good. I'll still import Senko no Ronde, but TXR I don't think so.
I'll nag my friend for the scans :)

Symytry

TheTrin said:
I found RMZ painfully hard, but still fun. I wouldn`t mind a little less crazy difficulty in RMZX. I don`t mean easy, I just mean a little toning down.

Same. I don't have the kind of hours to pump into a game anymore like I used to. I think the "regular" mega man games have gotten too convoluted with extra bullshit anyways. The last really good Mega Man was X3. I own Zero 3 and Zero 4, Zero 3 I finished....but part 4 - **** that shit. All the little elfs and collecting this and that. I had enough of it with the 3rd. Just gimme my ****in armor and I'll be on my way, thanks.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
If you take that Famitsu give points like candy, then all the games in that list suck.

So Rockman ZX is solid, but not spectacular
emotraise5li.gif

Wait, isn't 9.9.8.7 pretty good for Xenosaga Episode III? Isn't that somewhere around the same score as VP2?

edit: anyone know what ep 1 and ep 2's scores were?

arab

ROCKMAN ZX GOT A 31/40!?!?! THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!!! I DEMAND A 33/40 BEFORE I CAN BE COMFORTABLE WITH MY SALE DESPITE IT GETTING THE SAME SCORES AS ITS PREDECESSORS WHICH I LOVED!!!!!

BluWacky

Matix said:
Slim chance, but please bring this game to the States.

It's not THAT slim a chance, actually. The Brave Story movie has international distribution secured through Warner Bros, and it's a generic enough story that it should sell to Western audiences; WB would be mad not to cash in on it as much as possible. The DS game might not make it (it's an adventure game, after all) but the PSP and crappy PS2 versions could do.

Joico

The best delivery of a red card in the World Cup. He looked like he enjoyed the hell out of giving that.

Top Bottom