• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scans of Halo 3 PICS OF THE FORGE IN ACTION!

Dirtbag

Eric WK said:
I highly doubt that. If that were the case, the color would match with the corresponding player. There are four distinct colors there.

I agree that this definitely looks like four player co-op, but I don't expect an answer any time soon. I also don't actually expect four player co-op, but this "evidence" is certainly convincing.

Or maybe its just a highscore list. Or maybe its just comparing scores on your friends list. Or maybe you can play competatively and at the same time, but on your own personal campaigns. So you can see how far behind you are.

Do you guys really think bungie is that sloppy? They never release screenshots that haven't been combed over. And ya'll think the European press is going to get a feature reveal after the halo2 fiasco?

Eric WK

sableholic said:
Why do the bottom two not have a icon next to them? And match what corresponding player? Its arbiter and chief. You mean green and black?

Nevermind. You're right.

If you zoom in on the photo you can see that the player on top is Player 1 and the player below him is Player 2. There are no icons next to the other two.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Kuroyume said:
I want the elephant to run over me.

i'm picturing that scene in austin powers where the guy gets run over by the steam roller going like 1/2 mile/hr :lol

Chinner

Banned
Showed one of the french speaking people I know that Jungle pic on the last, that little quote page which Gears of war apparantly says....

says; technically less shocking than Gears of War at the time. However, it's really pretty, settings are larger, colors are more dynamic in all circumstances.

Or has this been already been said?

:lol

Gafrica is a funny place. You guys go from:
I can't believe Bungie pulled 2-player online coop from Halo 3 and now they're forcing us to download a patch that will cost us after the game is released to play campaign online...IF THEY CAN EVEN GET IT TO WORK!!!
...to:
Online coop for 4-people guaranteed and set in stone by the foreign press who get EVERYTHING right ALL of the time.
It'd be a nice feature, don't get me wrong, but there are loads of other Halo goodies I'm going to focus on until Bungie lifts its dress on this one. For right now, all we know for certain is that 2-player coop WILL be available via System Link.

cluto

sableholic said:
This is just my guess, but there is two icons next to the top two. I'm guessing that that signifies a player/character and then the two after that are something general for the two of them like say time elapsed or something like that. Something that doesn't apply to just one of them.
Yeah, the icons definitely signify the players on the Xbox. You can see in the image that the top player is Player 1, and the player beneath him is Player 2. My rings, let me show you them.

playerings.jpg

I can speculate that the other two players are on a separate 360.

Eric WK said:
Nevermind. You're right.

If you zoom in on the photo you can see that the player on top is Player 1 and the player below him is Player 2. There are no icons next to the other two.

yep

Dirtbag 504 said:
Or maybe its just a highscore list. Or maybe its just comparing scores on your friends list. Or maybe you can play competatively and at the same time, but on your own personal campaigns. So you can see how far behind you are.

Do you guys really think bungie is that sloppy? They never release screenshots that haven't been combed over. And ya'll think the European press is going to get a feature reveal after the halo2 fiasco?

Yea I think its pretty much what I said combined with what you said. Player 1 and 2, then friend highscores then leaderboards or something along those lines. I want 4 player co-op as much as everybody else, but that picture doesn't prove it.

Exarchos said:
Yeah, the icons definitely signify the players on the Xbox. You can see in the image that the top player is Player 1, and the player beneath him is Player 2. My rings, let me show you them.

I can speculate that the other two players are on a separate 360.

I guess you can, I can't stop you from doing that.

Proelite said:
The prowler and the chopper are the "I can't see shit when I'm driving" vehicles.
I'm sure camera placement will be tactile. No worries on my part, since I never had this problem with anything in the beta, including the massive Wraith and the Banshee.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
So, yeah. My gaming balls are about like Violet Beauregarde after three courses ending with, mmm mmm, blueberry pie.

Proelite

Mr Vociferous said:
I'm sure camera placement will be tactile. No worries on my part, since I never had this problem with anything in the beta, including the massive Wraith and the Banshee.

I was talking about the spartans and elites that drive it. They probably have a LCD screen to look at.

Dirtbag

Proelite said:
The prowler and the chopper are the "I can't see shit when I'm driving" vehicles.

I'm sure I'm probably alone on this one, but I don't like the design of either of the brute vehicles, the prowler especially. Strange, because I love the brute weapons.

pringles

Dirtbag 504 said:
I'm sure I'm probably alone on this one, but I don't like the design of either of the brute vehicles, the prowler especially. Strange, because I love the brute weapons.
I didn't like the Brute Chopper at all until I saw it in motion.. it moves beautifully.

Dirtbag

pringles said:
I didn't like the Brute Chopper at all until I saw it in motion.. it moves beautifully.

Yeah, that much I can agree with. But just think of what the chopper is designed around, basically a motorcycle with a giant wheel that destroys vehicles. Keeping that same idea (motorcycle with a giant vehicle destroying wheel), I'm sure you could come up with a few better designs. And I'm sure they did just that, and I wish they hadn't settled on this one.

Pug

I wonder if this French magazine has any links to EDGE, because all of those pictures of the bungie offcie were in the Edge Bungie special about 3 months ago.

GhaleonEB

Eric WK said:
Uh oh, guys. It appears there's a new Halo 2 glitch we'll have to endure for the next two months.

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/148161&page=4&query=node/148161&pagenumber=

Apparantly the following 25-button combo will take down a fully overshielded opponent:

RRYYRRXRRBXYYRRXYYRRYYRRX

:lol :lol :lol
It's really just several of the known button glitches strung together, but it's a great illustration of why I detest the MLG guys. It brought me no small amount of delight as their tears flowed at the lack of button glitches in the Beta.

Karg

GhaleonEB said:
It's really just several of the known button glitches strung together, but it's a great illustration of why I detest the MLG guys. It brought me no small amount of delight as their tears flowed at the lack of button glitches in the Beta.

I'm hoping the button glitches stay out, and from the Beta it seems that way. I'm sure something will slip through though. And if so its hopefully not something so hard coded that it can't be fixed via a patch.

tombur

Hopefully Bungie have a better update system, so they can make changes to some core engine mechanics on the flow, which is much better than just patching the button combos.

Proelite said:
I was talking about the spartans and elites that drive it. They probably have a LCD screen to look at.
Or it could simply be tethered to their HUD electronically much like the scope for the M6D of Halo 1. The game's fiction has dictated that the HUD is almost identical for Elites and Spartans...

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:

Yeah, that's like calling a regular BR shot, then a melee, then another melee a "monster combo." It's just three things one after another that add together enough damage to kill an overshielded opponent. I'm ready for Halo 3 when this stuff will be gone. I used to play in tournaments around my city, but I had to stop when BXR was discovered. I'd get kills by using whatever strategy worked best - noob combo, plasma sticks, grenade, then BR shot, crouchwalking to stay off radar - whatever the situation called for. I've watched MLG people play (and not all of them do this), and they just run around with the BR aiming as quickly as possible at whatever moves, and then tapping that combo really quickly. I'd do fairly well against them on levels like Zanzibar and Lockout, but it eventually got to the point where we'd only play levels like Warlock and Sanctuary, and once you get killed, that's it. When you spawn, you're immediately dead again. I've always had a problem with these guys because they don't play Halo. They play Battle Rifle.

That being said, I need to also say that not all of them do this constantly. I've watched a lot of MLG players play and they're all leaps and bounds ahead of me, skill-wise. It's the ones that use button exploits constantly, and then claim that they're the "best" at the game - those are the ones that bother me.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
LukeSmith said:
Looks like it works great if you find someone who just picked up the overshield and went to make a sandwich.
What are you doing here!? Shouldn't you be posting weekly update?

tombur

Gadfly said:
What are you doing here!? Shouldn't you be posting weekly update?

Bungie guys need breaks aswell dude. Writing paragraphs upon paragraphs of megatons and metaphors is hard work.

armubaba

Eric WK said:
Uh oh, guys. It appears there's a new Halo 2 glitch we'll have to endure for the next two months.

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/148161&page=4&query=node/148161&pagenumber=

Apparantly the following 25-button combo will take down a fully overshielded opponent:

RRYYRRXRRBXYYRRXYYRRYYRRX

:lol :lol :lol

Wow...:lol

I REALLY hope that Halo 3 is devoid of any weapon glitches. God, the amount of douchebags in Halo 2 that used them.....*shudder*

GhaleonEB said:

Now, if anybody ever needs the textbook definition of elitist ass, look no further than the wannabe MLG Halo 2 players. Goddamnit, those guys are annoying. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the MLG gametypes themselves, they are actually quite balanced. But the fact that they allow offenses deemed bannable by Bungie in their "pro" tournaments is just ****ing retarded. Not to mention the fact they think they are the best thing since ****ing sliced bread. I can only hope that, Halo 3 is without these assholes, but, c'mon, we all know there's no way in hell that happens.

My goal in Halo 3 is to play near-exclusively with GAF members and friends in a party. I fear it's the only way to combat the sheer idiocy and douchebaggedness of the XBL community.

:(

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LukeSmith said:
Looks like it works great if you find someone who just picked up the overshield and went to make a sandwich.

And you're a massive douchelord who blows major ass and picks horrible trance music and makes a video of yourself showcasing your massive douchlordery.

LukeSmith

tombur said:
Bungie guys need breaks aswell dude. Writing paragraphs upon paragraphs of megatons and metaphors is hard work.

For serious: Frank is off becoming an American, so the BWU's heavy weight rests on my shoulders. This cross is hard to carry, but I do it so that your sins may be redeemed.

ferrex

armubaba said:
But the fact that they allow offenses deemed bannable by Bungie in their "pro" tournaments is just ****ing retarded.
It's not often that I come to the MLG's defense, but realistically, they don't have much choice. Either they "ban" these exploits and every contest ends in controversy with each side claiming the other used a glitch (and them without any instant replay feature to verify it), or they explicitly permit it, make it as part of the required skill set, and have no such conflict.

At the extreme competitive high end, they make too much of a difference to ignore.

ant1532

Banned
So I got a question for you Luke. When it was your first day at Bungie, did they just set you in a chair in a dark room and tell you every little thing about the game for hours?

That would be so funny to see such a serious debrief on a videogame

Eric WK

armubaba said:
But the fact that they allow offenses deemed bannable by Bungie in their "pro" tournaments is just ****ing retarded.

Well... they're banned in Matchmaking because the result is an unlevel playing field. In an environment where the rules are clear that they can be used, it's fine. Well, not "fine" per se, but accepted. Show me where Frank or anyone else from Bungie has said otherwise and I'll stand corrected.

And MLG and Bungie have almost never been eye to eye on game balance. It's not like MLG's inclusion of something Bungie doesn't agree with is surprising. However, Bungie usually provides players with the tools to create the balance they desire. Unfortunately, in this case, they didn't do so knowingly.

But ANYWAY... I'm off to see The Simpsons. There better be a hearty BWU waiting for me when I get back. :)

Oh, and the inevitable question for the hardcore: will there be another ARG? There's not much time between now and the game's September 25th release date, but there will be another Internet mystery, and this time Bungie's involved from the get go.
Article is posted today. Looks like there will be something more...

Top Bottom