• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu via Kotaku: The Biggest Selling PS4 Games in Japan

Erevador

http://kotaku.com/the-biggest-selling-ps4-games-in-japan-1760053178

Famitsu looks back at the last two years of PS4 sales.

20. Watch Dogs: 99,323 units

19. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Subtitled Ver): 102,716 units

18. Battlefield Hardline: 113,061 units

17. Battlefield 4: 113,928 units

16. Destiny: 125,900 units

15. Yakuza: Kiwami: 131,205 units

14. Yakuza: Isshin: 134,010 units

13. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: 140,0046 units

12. Yakuza 0: 146,510 units

11. The Witcher 3: 149,337 units

10. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes: 155,598 units

9. Dragon Quest Builders: 170,168 units

8. Star Wars Battlefront: 187,434 units

7. Grand Theft Auto V: 196,795 units

6. Fallout 4: 206,712 units

5. Bloodborne: 209,985 units

4. Call of Duty: Black Ops III: 310,238 units

3. Dragon Quest Heroes: 327,019 units

2. Knack: 400,888

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: 425,971 units

Great to see the popularity of the Yakuza games in the face of a harsh market, but no. 2 on the list definitely stands out...

CC0pC9Z.gif

DKHF

It will be very interesting to see how a lot of the upcoming Japanese games sell in Japan, especially Persona 5, FFXV and DQXI.

Sucks that they don't include digital. For games with stock issues on release like DQB, that's a huge chuck off the table.

I'm surprised that Dragon Quest Heroes isn't at the first place, Dragon Quest + Musou scream moneymaker in Japan to me.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Without bundles Knack would go the way of the Puppeteer and the Tearaway.
Checking sales for those are not for the faint of heart.

DKHF

I have doubt about Persona 5, being cross gen and all.
FFXV and DQXI will be interesting.
P5 will most likely sell more on PS4 considering recent JP games have been selling better on PS4 in Japan, so I am interested to see what the split between platforms is.

Knack sold well outside Japan too... in UK it beat Mario.

I edited my post fast when I remembered it was offered with the firts PlayStation 4 in Japan lol but I didn't know it dit well outside of Japan, good to know.

Didn't played the first but I like the universe created so I would like an improved sequel.

Exodust

Banned
Didn't Knack outsell the mainline Mario game on the Wii U or something?

Granted, the last Mario game was on the Wii U while Knack was bundled with a PS4. Still pretty funny.

The dancing Knack GIFs make me never want to play Knack. I find them so off-putting. Tied with the "You bought a PS Vita" GIF as the worst ones on the whole forum.

I guess it's my loss.

It always surprises me how low Japanese numbers seem. When games sell millions and millions, and only 300K are in Japan, it really skews your perception of how small the Japanese market really is.

Not talking about any game in particular here, just in general.

Rising_Hei

Some of those games also released on PS3, that's why i think Yakuza games didn't do as much as usual, split sales and such.

As for knack, it's been said many times that it sold so much because bundles

Kusagari

Maybe, you could say COD with digital closing in on half a million.

But its still the inverse of every other gaming market.

Western shooters and WRPGs will never be top dog in Japan but they sell better than the niche Vita fan service games everyone complains about.

Alo0oy

Banned
I probably shouldn't add salt to the wound by telling you that Bloodborne was a free pack-in for awhile with new PS4s in Japan, meaning it would have sold even worse otherwise.

That's not true, those numbers don't include the pack-in copies, if you include those Bloodborne should be around 350k-400k.

Top Bottom