• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan makes a remake of Zelda Ocarina of Time using Unreal Engine 4 (incomplete for now).

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Has been a long time since i have posted a video but i have been secretly working on this project and posted some stuff on my patreon. I cant thank you enough for the amazing support i have got inside patreon.. you are the best.. i hope you will like my next work !

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So weird to have such fidelity on the micro level, models, individual assets, effects like the grass, but then on the macro level it's not that improved from the N64 with the same overall in comparison blocky, barren, repeating design.

After an initially cool showing it's turning out like most "UE REMAKE" fan crap. Edit: oh, I guess the new video is from a different creator? It's a different youtube account in any case. That would explain some things I suppose, meh.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
why? you know you can make any art style you want on that engine.
I'm sure they could make something better if they really customize it. UE is a broad stroke. I'm not saying it's bad, it''s awesome. But I'd rather Nintendo make it themselves. Also, I really don't like the idea of Epic making money from this.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I cant wait to work more for this project, here what you will see is something about graveyard , learning the sun song and encounter reddead for the first time!

There is still alot of undiscovered things i didn't show! Have fun watching
big big thanks for your support and the crazy support from the patreon community you are the best

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I have been working on this for a decate... i always wanted to show you what has been changed for the project. Hopefully you will like my work.
Next version will be for sure on Unreal Engine 5 ! Stay tuned and stay always healthy :)

Ev1L AuRoN

There was that fan project/pitch of a Majora's Mask remake that looked really good, but I'm not sure what engine it was using.
The thing is, most of those "remakes" we see just use the stock assets on the UE4, therefore they look nothing like the real deal, to achieve the right look they need to work on the textures and tune the lighting to a more cartoonish look. That's not UE4 problem.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

i have been working the whole August to optimize the project , added new variables and fixed and sorted alot of stuff, added the whole inventory and made it functional, only problem is , the mechanics for each weapon is missing but im not really going to rush for it. New water physics for the game aswell when you slash with the sword.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I swear there was a similar thread about this, or another project like this, not too long ago.
Honestly, i am sick of the ever repeating cheap videos of Zelda OoT ”Remakes” that do little more than show Link with bad animations running around Kokiri forest or other early game areas while being perpetually stuck in that stage of the game,
Someone call me when they managed to:
- create the complete overworld with all Regions and NPCs
- Started working on the Dungeons
- Have some working quests
- and fucking fixed the atrocious animations

coffinbirth

Ship of Harkinian exists now, seems like porting portions of that code(if not wholesale) into UE would be the thing to do.

Fbh

All these Unreal "remakes" look like the creator got to the post processing sliders and just went:

Switch-Clip-1.gif

Top Bottom