• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans Finish My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic

Alfredo

I dunno if this is old, but...

So a year after the original game's end due to the cease and desist, a group of fans have finished Fighting is Magic and released it in the form of "My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic: Tribute Edition."

nbNY4xS.png

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/fighting-is-magic-tribute-edition.html

It has all six characters and online play.

Trailer/Combo Video Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6k7ki1cCBU

A Google Doc with tons of information and download links:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EHINICww_6TrvAvvzcgLW8Yaix0sYB-VZKKYaosjNoM/preview?sle=true

I have yet to download it, but there's a Mac version, so I'll check it out.

Pretty crazy. I'm still looking forward to what Mane6 is up to.

Alfredo

According to the Google Doc, these devs, who seem to be completely separate from Mane6, will be doing a live Q&A on Tuesday via Twitch.

The devs/testers behind Tribute Edition are hosting a little private stream on Tuesday 6:00 pm Central Time Zone (12:00 PM GMT+0) (7:00 pm Eastern Time Zone)
http://twitch.tv/uberkittycat

Alfredo

This is the game where the original creator made exclusive characters for, correct?

That's the Mane6 game, which is what Fighting is Magic turned into after they got hit with legal troubles. That game is still being made, as far as I know.

This seems to be an unofficial version of Fighting is Magic, finished by a team that's unaffiliated with the original development team.

The game plays really well. Sadly its on an old engine, so controller support is a slight pain. For those interested, there was an old Gamespot article with character and game info.

Twilight is based on Akuma from SF4, Rainbow Dash is based on Magneto from UMvC3, Fluttershy on Eddie from GG, Rarity is based on Nu-12 from BB, Applejack is based on Spencer from UMvC3, and Pinkie is based on Teddie from P4A.

Although it is no longer on that page, or atleast hidden from my view, it is on the wikipedia page

FYC

Banned
The game plays really well. Sadly its on an old engine, so controller support is a slight pain. For those interested, there was an old Gamespot article with character and game info.

ED says they've uploaded a build that should fix some controller problems.

Really cool that it ended up being finished in some form. I've only watched a bit of the show with my little sister, but this looks pretty solid. It's nice to see passionate fans create something.

Jawmuncher

Cool to see another team finish the game and secretly to boot.
Once it's out there nothing is going to stop people from playing it or getting a hold of it. Much like when the Streets of Rage fan game came out.

However I'm more interested now in how development is going for Mane 6s game.
Them being able to get a hold of the engine skull girls used was the main reason I pledged to that skull girls campaign. Though skull girls is awesome so I'm glad I did regardless.

Mesoian

I remember being in a scrub league tournament for this game like, two years ago. It's actually really fun, but pretty horribly unbalanced. It definitely was a work in progress.

It's cool that the beta was released to the public, but I'm more interested in seeing what Mane9 has in store. Kind of really hope they got together with that Alpaca guy so we can have GiantBomb's DrewPaca and Luchadeer in as playable characters.

Haunted

Not sure how smart a fighting game aimed at little girls is, but good on them for finishing the project!

Tayaya

I wouldn't call it "finished." The original ambition was to have 12-14 characters, from a secret roster that hadn't ever been announced or shown outside of the obvious 6 main characters.

I played around with the original leaked version for a while and it was actually really well done - the animations were great and each character (of the 4 at the time) handled uniquely. The game felt balanced and it was a lot of fun.

I'll download it before it gets C&D'd again. Hopefully we'll see them add more characters as the universe has quite a few good ones to choose from.

I've been told it's a good show. I don't know. That being said, I don't know why there's a stigma for liking MLP and not one for liking, say, adventure time.

Come on now, AT is clearly for grown kids/adults. My girlfriend and I watch MLP with her 3 year old son who loves the show, and we are constantly looking at each other like WTF. The more we watch of it, the more baffling the brony phenomenon is. I can't think of a stranger pop culture phenomenon.

Top Bottom