• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantastic Four - The Thing (Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

thethingnew.jpg

The Toronto Star has published this new photo of Michael Chiklis as The Thing on the Vancouver Fantastic Four set. It's probably one of the best looks yet at the full costume for the character. You can also see subtle changes to the suit from the first official picture that was released. Thanks to 'Dr. Dude' for the scan!

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Fantastic_Four/The_Movie/Movie_Stills&img=

Meier

I think it looks pretty damn good personally. Plus, Michael Chiklis is the fucking MAN! Vic Mackey representin'.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Phoenix said:
I thought the thing was supposed to be big like the hulk.

Not as big as the Hulk but he is definitely usually portrayed as bulkier than this Thing looks...

BojTrek

Banned
thething.jpg

Why is his arm cracked? I don't really know much of the history of F4, but does the Thing crack and pieces fall off of him?

Or is it a costume glitch?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
BojTrek said:
thething.jpg

Why is his arm cracked? I don't really know much of the history of F4, but does the Thing crack and pieces fall off of him?

Or is it a costume glitch?

Normally if he's only gotten pounded really badly would pieces start to come off...

karasu

God please STFU! So what if he isn't as big as he is in the comic! Christopher Reeve wasn't as Big as Superman is in the Comic, Michael Keaton was not as big as Batman, Lou Ferrigno was not as big as the Hulk, etc etc. The only reason the Hulk was so huge in the movie is because it was CG, and everybody and their mom bashed that to hell and below. The guy isn't very well gonna walk around in 400 pounds of prostethics so get over it. What matters is if he brings across the spirit of the fuckin character. He's big as hell in the comic because he's a fucking doodle.

So then he has too look like a burn victim to capture the spirit of the character? I'm sorry but Ben Grimm should invoke some fear in people and not revulsion. He looks like crap. End of story. I don't expect him to be as big as the hulk, but bigger than the average guy is not to much to ask for. Reeves was not so far off the scale of Superman as this abomination is to The Thing.

karasu

Nooooooo. You'll know if he brings across the spirit of the character by his acting. You know, dialouge, mannerisms and such. Hugh jackman is entirely too tall to be Wolverine, but look how that fucker worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom