• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy GA Baseball league (CBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty

Hi guys. Some of you reading this might have been interested in the first GA Fantasy league we had been talking about. Things didn't go as planned, and a few night ago I decided to check Yahoo in order to salvage the season and have a good GA league going. Well, it turns out all of their draft times have been taken, and it turns out that CBS has a fantastic interface going for them.

http://baseball.sportsline.com/splash/baseball/spln/single

You could spend $30 and win $150, or you could just spend $10 and play for fun. I thought I'd propose a $10 league here, since it'll be easier to get people to pay 1/3rd of the money, and you get the same game, just without a prize for the winner. It's up to you though, I can go either way.

However, without spending $150 for the commissioner program, we'd be playing using CBS' default settings. The biggest change being that they have weekly lineup changes. At first, that freaked the hell out of me, but as I thought about it I realized it wasn't so bad. The benches arent' usually that big in fantasy baseball, and this lets you plan your next move and not worry so much about missing a day (not all of us have that much free time). I would much prefer to do a roto league, but if you guys want to play H2H, then that's the way we'll go.

Tell me what your thoughts are, and hopefully we can get this moving quickly. I'm asking a lot to find 7 - 9 people (we have 3 already) who can pay 10/30 bucks via a credit card and are interested in playing fantasy baseball at such short notice, but I'm confident that this will work out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm in no matter what we do. We need an official GA roto league and all the Yahoo! times are taken until the beginning of the season. Plus, CBS has the best interface by far.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This could really be the best GA league ever b/c CBS is the shit. Hopefully we can get enough people from GA to fill it up. I'm sure Joe, Mig, and the gang would do it.

Fifty

Glad to hear it, Em. With only 11 possible drafting days yet (and the fact that not everyone is free at the same time) We really need to get more people. If I can hear from two more tonight, I'll create it and we can start working out the details and sign in. Heck, maybe even if I don't, but I'd like to have a bit more assurance.

Please post if you're interested, what draft times you WOULD NOT like, and if you're cool with the 30 league. I sense people want 30 now, but ya never know.

Fifty

What info? I linked to their site....and there isn't a league yet. I didn't want to create one until I knew that people would join. Sign up for a sportsline account (you can do that from the first link I posted) just to save time, if you don't already have one...but for now all you can do is express your interest :D I hope you join, BJ.

To Recap

Cost: $30 (US) with a $150 prize

Website: http://baseball.sportsline.com/splash/baseball/spln/single (fantasy gold is $30, basic is $10

Players needed: 4-8

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
What info? I linked to their site....and there isn't a league yet. I didn't want to create one until I knew that people would join. Sign up for a sportsline account (you can do that from the first link I posted) just to save time, if you don't already have one...but for now all you can do is express your interest :D I hope you join, BJ.

Yeah this is way easier than any self-organized league b/c we just go to CBS and sign up and pay them and then join fifty's league. No fuss no muss.

If we can get at least 5 in here to say ok for sure, I think it is safe to start the league and make it public. We should be able to get 5 other people to join the league outside of GA if needed.

I wonder, is there anyway to start the league on CBS as a private league, than after a bit switch it to a public one to fill in the last spots?

Fifty

I thought of that, and while I don't know for sure, I seriously doubt it. Both ESPN and Yahoo don't allow for that, but who knows with CBS. I might as well just purchase my team now and find that out. The obvious downside to doing a public league (and letting you guys take the initial spots) is that it could fill and I wouldn't be able to kick people out.

Fifty

I bought my team now, and I can tell you this: $30 to join, $150 prize. That means we need 6 more people (Fifty, Astro, Maxwell, Eminem are in), and if I were to create a league, I wouldn't be able to change the draft time....So we'd need to sort that out ahead of time. Any thoughts on draft times?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
I bought my team now, and I can tell you this: $30 to join, $150 prize. That means we need 6 more people (Fifty, Astro, Maxwell, Eminem are in), and if I were to create a league, I wouldn't be able to change the draft time....So we'd need to sort that out ahead of time. Any thoughts on draft times?

Thursday and Friday evenings always work for me.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
i'd say a saturday/sunday early afternoon time. like saturday or sunday at noon, something like that.

only time i don't want is a friday or saturday evening time because i'm usually out doing something.

Fifty

Post your email here or send me a PM with it if you want to join. I can send you an invite. I set the draft for sunday at 8;30 PM. I know it's hard to get a time everyone loves, but people seem to like this.

Well we have three now. Do you know if you can switch the league to Public if need be later on???

Of course, I guess we can always post the password and league name to CBS's Fantasy Message Board (or any other board for that matter) if need be. :)

Fifty

No, you can't switch. What I can do is re-create the league, and make it public or find a public one for us to join, and if this doesn't fill up by sunday, I'll have to do that. Eminem said he'd play no matter what, so we've got a party of 4, if no one else wants to pay. :( I'm still thinking we can do it though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well we're all full. This should be a really fun, super-competitive league. Oh, and the $150 prize doesn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom