• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Chaos17

Question was answered a few posts earlier..

Hold me

209_s.jpg

Surfheart

You change jobs whenever at the Guild Office. You level up the rank of the job individually. Your player level, however, just persists throughout all of them.

And challenges even work retroactively. I unlocked one for a tree that Grizzo(!) cut down during our time in coop once I switched jobs to Woodcutter for the first time.

Oh, and you can switch lifes in every Guild Office, not just in Castele.

Thanks heaps guys, I was hoping that was how it worked.

Going to use my built up Digital Deluxe codes for this, pretty hyped! Not too keen on being segregated from non-DLC players if I grab the DLC, though...

Going to use my built up Digital Deluxe codes for this, pretty hyped! Not too keen on being segregated from non-DLC players if I grab the DLC, though...
It's dumb, but I think most people are gonna be grabbing the DLC. (At least on GAF.)

The amount of content it adds to the game really is phenomenal.

BooJoh

There are SO. MANY. OPTIONS. for character creation.

I spent so long creating my avatar that I just got an achievement popup that said "Spent an hour in Riveria" while the intro text was still playing.

Is there even an easy way to upload screens from your 3DS into say imgur? I don't want too many middle men. Regardless downloading right now. I assume the DLC is bought in-game?

daydream

Banned
Is there even an easy way to upload screens from your 3DS into say imgur? I don't want too many middle men. Regardless downloading right now. I assume the DLC is bought in-game?

Yeah, the DLC is bought on the main menu.

You can share screens via the 3DS Image Sharing site (a link to which is found under the new little menu added with the last system update, the one that also has the themes and all that jazz). You'll have to post to Twitter, Facebook or tumblr, though. I don't know if they fixed tumblr integration.

I prefer to just post to Miiverse, pluck the screen off the web version and rehost it on imgur.

Linius

I just take out my SD card if I got some worthy screenshots after playing.

The new review flood from the US made Fantasy Life's meta score drop back to 72. It was a green 75. This game deserves so much more than that. Hopefully it won't throw off people who were doubting to buy this game or not.

lt519

If I don't have Wi-Fi readily available will my enjoyment of this game be hampered? Thinking about grabbing it but I'm literally rocking a 200kbps connection and I get booted like every 10 minutes so playing with it on isn't much of an option. I'm not even sure I'll be able to download it, but it looks fun!

If I don't have Wi-Fi readily available will my enjoyment of this game be hampered? Thinking about grabbing it but I'm literally rocking a 200kbps connection and I get booted like every 10 minutes so playing with it on isn't much of an option. I'm not even sure I'll be able to download it, but it looks fun!
You can get the full experience out of this game without playing on-line co-op once. The game was initially completely offline anyway.

The only thing to consider if whether or not you want the DLC upgrade which adds a ton of extra content. But the download is only 2 blocks, (the content is already on the cart), so even weak connections should have no problem activating it.

lt519

You can get the full experience out of this game without playing on-line co-op once. The game was initially completely offline anyway.

The only thing to consider if whether or not you want the DLC upgrade which adds a ton of extra content. But the download is only 2 blocks, (the content is already on the cart), so even weak connections should have no problem activating it.

Thanks! No stores out here to actually buy it physical :0 so I might brave the 800mb download while I'm sleeping tonight (should only take 10 hours, barring any disconnects haha).

Ending the night at level 7 with an apprentice rank in three Lives.
I'm so happy this finally got released in the West and that it's every bit as amazing as it looked!

Anyone know yet if EU or NA players can play with JP players? From what I hear EU and NA are mutually compatible.
JPN version is not compatible with the PAL version, so imagine it can't play with the NA version either.

I haven't seen confirmation of NA/PAL compatibility yet. I've asked around and still haven't gotten a response.

CloakBass

Didn't pick up my license yet when I took this shot.
zlCfzSk6FeIzPeRlpP

Went hunter for starting Life (big surprise).

And this made me laugh.
zlCfzSk6Hx0BNlR-Z1

Bed now though. Will play tomorrow if I get time.

To those with the DLC: Did it unlock the customization at the start? Or do you have to wait until the post-story to change it?

Can't really afford it, but if everyone else is...

I'm level 51 and Master in the Mercenary Life, trying to get to Hero rank, but the
Ancient Ruins
are giving me a headache. Some trash mobs are gated by impossibly tough (for my level at least) bosses. I don't think this is a wise design decision :p

Grizzo

I finally finished the Tale of Lunares. Phew. The ending was really underwhelming (except for the song that plays during the credits which was really good).
No fighting at all, just more endless talking.
What a weird story mode.

Oh well at least now I'll soon be able to enjoy the DLC! Just gotta go farming to gain 5 more levels or so.

Didn't pick up my license yet when I took this shot.
zlCfzSk6FeIzPeRlpP

Went hunter for starting Life (big surprise).

You chose great! Hunter is my favorite life :D

Chopper

I'm level 51 and Master in the Mercenary Life, trying to get to Hero rank, but the
Ancient Ruins
are giving me a headache. Some trash mobs are gated by impossibly tough (for my level at least) bosses. I don't think this is a wise design decision :p
Bring a party, or make a better sword?

Welcome America!

Tried with a party, but maybe not the best party (That weakling Mercenary guy and the Paladin girl) as they didn't make a dent on Gigante. Any recommendations? I'll try making a better sword and some better armor, yes. Also, welcome Americans, the game is well worth the wait!

BooJoh

To those with the DLC: Did it unlock the customization at the start? Or do you have to wait until the post-story to change it?

Can't really afford it, but if everyone else is...

Given the insane amount of options I'd say it probably did unlock. Birds are also available in my Castele Pet Shop.

Chaos17

I just take out my SD card if I got some worthy screenshots after playing.

The new review flood from the US made Fantasy Life's meta score drop back to 72. It was a green 75. This game deserves so much more than that. Hopefully it won't throw off people who were doubting to buy this game or not.

I wonder how many of them missed the point of this game. Lot of reviewers seems to never had played an mmorpg or even Monster Hunter in their life, lol.

He's talking about this. But feel free to pick the DLC when you like.

Things you get at the start:
Extra character customization
Friendship system (allows NPCs to become friends with you and fighting better)
Pet Birds and Dragons
2 new houses

Things unlocked after the main story:
A new area Origin Island with it's own story
New materials, equipment and recipes
God rank
New home and furniture
Lunares coins and the items you get from them
Level cap increased from 99 to 200
Level cap for the skills increased from 15 to 20
Stats cap increased from 50 to 100

Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyLife3ds/comments/2k1hj1/buy_dlc_at_launch_or_wait_until_end_game/
Okay adding the above and cross region online is confirmed and the DLC being $8.99 is weird but guess the dollars rates are worst now =/

Hmmmmm need to delete something from OP to fit these in.

Edit: Had to unfortunately delete the password sections with the other language and kept the document link there =/

TheMoon

Okay adding the above and cross region online is confirmed and the DLC being $8.99 is weird but guess the dollars rates are worst now =/

Hmmmmm need to delete something from OP to fit these in.

Delete the "eshop yes, retail yes" since it's irrelevant. all first party retail games are eshop/retail.

and/or put the passwords into a google doc and link to it or post them in a separate post and link to the post

Maiar_m

Ancient Ruins

Yeah, gear and buddy up, I'm not far ahead in terms of level and except for the Gigante, I haven't had too much trouble in there. I had to come back with my Hero Hunter gear and (character spoil)
Odin
as an ally to slay the Gigante, and I didn't have any trouble ont hat second attempt. Payload wasn't good anyways :(

Chaos17

Where do you enter the passwords for the costumes. Is there a reason to enter them all now or a there certain ones to get?

At the post office.
No there is no reason appart to have them all but you can also wait for offcial annoucement (facebook/twitter) so you will have new things to unlock durung the year.
Though most of these outfits seem for low levels or post DLC because they don't have high stats.

Your choice.

Delete the "eshop yes, retail yes" since it's irrelevant. all first party retail games are eshop/retail.

and/or put the passwords into a google doc and link to it or post them in a separate post and link to the post

Yep got rid of that section and just linked it to the google document, will probably make a password post to be linked on the OP like you suggested when I can.

Impotaku

Finally have 5 lives at god level the fishing one was annoying as some of the star quests dont appear in the list so i had to scour the world trying to find fish i had not got yet but eventually did it yay. Now at level 106 and rising, time to focus on getting blacksmith and cook to god level next.

Once all lives are at god level and i have crafted some really strong armour and weapons i might try and tackle the tower again on origin island.

Nimmermehr

Neo Member
I finally reached Blacksmith God yesterday, shortly after the 100 hours in Reveria achievement. The turtle guarding the final questnode does really hit hard though.. guess i have to come back muuuch later.

Kater

Banned
I finally finished the Tale of Lunares. Phew. The ending was really underwhelming (except for the song that plays during the credits which was really good).
No fighting at all, just more endless talking.
What a weird story mode.

Oh well at least now I'll soon be able to enjoy the DLC! Just gotta go farming to gain 5 more levels or so.
The enemies in the new area are really tough, so be prepared. I went there as a Adept Paladin yesterday with the starting gear and got slain by a bunny rabbit. 😣

At least I got my shield skill grinded up to 8 just by blocking for a few minutes. 😥

The enemies in the new area are really tough, so be prepared. I went there as a Adept Paladin yesterday with the starting gear and got slain by a bunny rabbit. 😣

At least I got my shield skill grinded up to 8 just by blocking for a few minutes. 😥

On a similar note, I started Paladin and reached God in a couple of hours, but my shield level sucked.

Then I blocked a few stone golems in Origin Island and I was smiling XD

trial3.png

Slightly later than usual, but here's part 3/4 of our multiplayer adventures: Trial of Light

Also, it's great news if PAL and NA players can play together.
Not just so we EU people can show off...

Amazon is delivering mine today! Can someone post screenshots of the unique Hero gear for Paladin and Mercenary? I'm trying to decide which one to start out with and from what I have read it seems that you can only get one set of this gear based on the life you choose first.

Amazon is delivering mine today! Can someone post screenshots of the unique Hero gear for Paladin and Mercenary? I'm trying to decide which one to start out with and from what I have read it seems that you can only get one set of this gear based on the life you choose first.

Nah, you can get all Hero gear in one file.

I can still find screenshots for you though... oh wait, my sister took my copy of the game to university "by accident" DX

When you're a God, you can craft Hero gear too.

Top Bottom