• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

terrisus

I've been trying not to think about this game - which has been my 2nd-most-anticipated game of the year - since it had seemed so far off for so long...
I've been looking forward to it, hoping it would come here, ever since it was first announced and then released in Japan...
And, of course, it being released in Europe a month ahead of the US just made the wait seem even longer...

But, tomorrow, it will finally be here!
=)

Velcro Fly

Going to pick this up after work tomorrow. Pre-ordered from GameStop to get it physical day 1. If I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd get it way earlier. Stupid work :(

Adamator

I came home to find my US Copy waiting for me today after work.

Was quite surprised! It's the first time I've ever gotten a game before release day. I pre-order so many games (and movies) that I am actually kind of surprised it hasn't happened to me already.

I see it happened to some others as well. Mine was also from Amazon. :)

finalflame

eShop does say 12 ET! Feels so good to be on the west coast, 9pm baby!! I've been waiting for this game to come to the U.S. since 2012. I am so psyched. Don't think I'll sleep tonight, between this and Bayo 2.

zigg

Yes you are.
😔

So I get what you can do with online play (I think). I'm actually thinking of avoiding the DLC until I do the main thing just because I might pull some other local friends in first. But I'm not sure what you all are doing on that front.

If friends on my 3DS list are playing the game, do we get to do the link thing without any further setup? I'm just thinking of how annoying it is to get Best Friends in ACNL.

😔

So I get what you can do with online play (I think). I'm actually thinking of avoiding the DLC until I do the main thing just because I might pull some other local friends in first. But I'm not sure what you all are doing on that front.

If friends on my 3DS list are playing the game, do we get to do the link thing without any further setup? I'm just thinking of how annoying it is to get Best Friends in ACNL.
If you don't get the DLC, you won't be able to play with people who did... :/ There's a bunch of us (self included) that are just saying screw it and buying it tonight.

Chaos17

😔

Are you referring to Link Mode? I haven't used it, but I've heard the notifcations work fine.

So if you don't have the DLC, but your friend does, you will still see messages like "[your friend] reached God Rank".

Though, it would need some testing.

zigg

If you don't get the DLC, you won't be able to play with people who did... :/ There's a bunch of us (self included) that are just saying screw it and buying it tonight.
Ahh… that kind of throws a wrench in it all. Well, I'll see how it goes.

Thanks Chaos17, too. Still curious if Link Mode Just Works™ with 3DS friends or if additional setup is needed though.

Chaos17

Ahh… that kind of throws a wrench in it all. Well, I'll see how it goes.

Thanks Chaos17, too. Still curious if Link Mode Just Works™ with 3DS friends or if additional setup is needed though.

Fort the setup :
You will need to add friend code on 3D then in game (through the menu option).
Then just push the "Link" button to start receiving notifications.
ypu can even choose who you want to be linked or not.
I just don't know if it will be blocked if people have or not DLC.

New set discovered on Miiverse (probably password) :
zlCfzSk3Fjk3GkS8PE

finalflame

So, I'm thinking I'll get the Link DLC right after downloading the main game. Any provisions set up for us gaffers to swap codes/get connected?

So, I'm thinking I'll get the Link DLC right after downloading the main game. Any provisions set up for us gaffers to swap codes/get connected?
Just put your FC in your GAF profile and add people as needed. The online component of this game isn't that big, so it'll be easier that way.

just so I am clear I can play with my buddy if we both just have the base game?
If neither of you have the DLC, yes.

Though, not to harp on the point, the DLC adds quite a lot, and has multiple aspects available during the main quest. If you do play to get it eventually anyway, I'd recommend getting it as soon as possible so you can make use of the features as soon as possible.

Bytes

I used the online pre-order functionality on Nintendo's site for this game. I got an email at 12:01 with my download code. There's also a "Redeem Now" button in the email that will send the game to my 3DS. It's a pretty cool feature that saves a few minutes, but I worry that for more popular games the email will come so late as to not make it worth pre-ordering.

I'm downloading the game now - really excited!

Velcro Fly

hope everyone has fun! I'll be able to sink my teeth in tomorrow night! work and then high school playoff football! hope you all don't get too far ahead of me :(

Ah, so jealous. I'll have it tomorrow no matter what though. (I gotta finish the last little bit of Layton vs. Phoenix Wright tonight anyway.)

closer013

If neither of you have the DLC, yes.

Though, not to harp on the point, the DLC adds quite a lot, and has multiple aspects available during the main quest. If you do play to get it eventually anyway, I'd recommend getting it as soon as possible so you can make use of the features as soon as possible.

I'm confused, don't you have to beat the game to activate the content? If that's the case how can you make use of said features?

Chaos17

I'm confused, don't you have to beat the game to activate the content? If that's the case how can you make use of said features?

He's talking about this. But feel free to pick the DLC when you like.

Things you get at the start:
Extra character customization
Friendship system (allows NPCs to become friends with you and fighting better)
Pet Birds and Dragons
2 new houses

Things unlocked after the main story:
A new area Origin Island with it's own story
New materials, equipment and recipes
God rank
New home and furniture
Lunares coins and the items you get from them
Level cap increased from 99 to 200
Level cap for the skills increased from 15 to 20
Stats cap increased from 50 to 100

Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyLife3ds/comments/2k1hj1/buy_dlc_at_launch_or_wait_until_end_game/

closer013

Pet Birds and Dragons

God rank
New home and furniture

Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyLife3ds/comments/2k1hj1/buy_dlc_at_launch_or_wait_until_end_game/

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!

Effect

Wasn't sure if I was going to download this or get the physical copy. I kinda want to play this while on my break at work (this in itself could be a mistake though). Then again I do want the physical box. Can't decide. Maybe I'll come to a conclusion before leaving for work tomorrow morning.

Pet Birds and Dragons

God rank
New homes and furniture

Some of the new homes are available during the main quest too.
The ones in Elderwood Village and Levitania.

And you do have to get to
Levitania
before you can get the pet dragons.

Top Bottom