• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

You mined 500(!) ores?

I'm at 250 or something like that. 😩

Yeah, it took me a lot of time to find the rare stones each time so I mined a lot. I hit the 500 before reaching hero rank.

Trees however is a different story. I've been hero for awhile now but I still need to cut about 70 trees. Think I'm gonna do that later today.

Yeah, it took me a lot of time to find the rare stones each time so I mined a lot. I hit the 500 before reaching hero rank.

Trees however is a different story. I've been hero for awhile now but I still need to cut about 70 trees. Think I'm gonna do that later today.

Oh so there's a tree challenge too? Is it 500 also? I guess it's only just the one, mining has one every 100 so wasn't sure if woodcutter had one or not, guess I should cut a few more trees then, tend to cut a few less in general cause I don't need as many logs to craft.

Kater

Banned
I had like 340 when I hit master earlier today. I do stop every now and then to one shot low level stuff on the way to other stuff I'm doing though, and I'm like not focusing on mining specifically, doing a large spread of stuff so I end up mining a lot of "useless" stuff. Hit Master in Hunter and going through the story quests atm since I figure it'll be faster to finish the story than to hit lvl 70 or whatever I need to get both good str and good vit with my 50 luck, so I'll just respec instead. Wish the story quests weren't 30mins of dialogue and 30secs of fighting though.
I am Hero Miner and I am still at 250. It's more because I am mostly just looking for special ores, quality over quantity. Well, I guess I can try to come closer to 500 in my quest for Rare Metal. 😄

Oh, trees are another story. I am at around 200 felled trees and like mining it is tough work to fell so many trees (or mine so many ores). It's really a chore, unlike any other challenge. :/

Oh so there's a tree challenge too? Is it 500 also? I guess it's only just the one, mining has one every 100 so wasn't sure if woodcutter had one or not, guess I should cut a few more trees then, tend to cut a few less in general cause I don't need as many logs to craft.
There's one challenge for which you have to cut 500 trees.

Still going strong, I think this is the most playtime my 3DS has gotten in a long time. Past the 50 hour mark and I am about lvl 55 nearly all the classes at hero except tailor and cook. My two favorite battle classes have to be Hunter and Mercenary. Although the Mercenary quests seems to be much harder and I feel like there are fewer than the other classes. I also wrapped up the main story this weekend and started the DLC. The level cap went up to 200!! I'll never get near that.

How is everyone distributing stats? Since I switch between Merc and Hunter my STR and Dex (30-35) are the highest, then Vit (25) is next. Focus, Luck and INT(15) are the lowest. I'm guessing it would be best to respec at some point, but right now I am able to do everything without any issues.

DLC tower.

Just tried the Trial of Time and got my ass served on a plate on the 6th floor, as a level 72 God Paladin, after spending like 70 potions, 5 Elixirs, 5 Angelic Remedies and around 30 Revives, with King Erik and Ophelia as companions, Hero Paladin armor, a self-made Joyeuse and the reward Shield :D

So yeah, the reviewers were right - this game isn't hard at all.

Grizzo

Just tried the Trial of Time and got my ass served on a plate on the 6th floor, as a level 72 God Paladin, after spending like 70 potions, 5 Elixirs, 5 Angelic Remedies and around 30 Revives, with King Erik and Ophelia as companions, Hero Paladin armor, a self-made Joyeuse and the reward Shield :D

Well yeah the DLC is harder than the main game for sure but I agree with them, other than that it really isn't that hard at all... Especially the main quest.

daydream

Banned

Hey now, you can't expect them to make a fair assessment when they haven't experienced the majority of the content. That's just unfair.

Linius

I don't think the reviewers actually got the mercenary/paladin/hunter/magician lives up to legend. Because then you'll need to fight some pretty strong monsters. Some fights easily take up to 15 minutes to beat just one monster even if you bring two strong NPC's.,

Linius

I was planning on cutting down the Ancient Divine Tree. Tree's response: "Lol nope".

EDIT

So, after 80 hours of gameplay I now have:

Paladin - God
Woodcutter - God in training
Miner - God in training
Carpenter - Hero
Blacksmith - God in training
Angler - Hero
Tailor - Hero

These are the lives I basically all picked up early in the game and sticked with. Got my stat points mostly on strength, vitality and luck. That works really well for those first four lives. Stuck on angler for the time being because my stats are too poor to continue. Though I could maybe play a little with the best possible outfit I have, it's been a while since I tryed.

Finally finished the story, spent the money right away to respec and what a difference it makes. On the other hand, without luck my chance to get rare stuff is pretty damn low, took me a while to get 3 onyx, but at least I can make progress. I'm hero miner now, got all the stuff done and I'm only missing 54 deposits to get the 500, so not too bad. I did spend an atrociously long time getting 5 dragon leg bones though for a quest, I ended up with ~15 of the skulls and vertebraes before I was done, RNG is strong.

Gonna start working on woodcutter since that fell behind by a decent bunch, then I'll get to blacksmith/carpenter, then I'll probably respec again and get fishing/alchemy done, and maybe cooking. Might take a break and do paladin or mercenary inbetween though, I've been using my master hunter but the damage is kinda so so and it gets boring playing the same thing over and over. Weird also that poison arrow doesn't seem to scale, still does 2dmg per tick.

Chopper

Is there any item that is not re-obtainable if accidentally sold? Presumably those Hero outfits...? Any weapons?

I want to unload a load of stuff, but don't want to sell anything particularly rare by accident...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is there any item that is not re-obtainable if accidentally sold? Presumably those Hero outfits...? Any weapons?

I want to unload a load of stuff, but don't want to sell anything particularly rare by accident...

The hero stuff can be crafted if you have the DLC. I think the only things you probably couldn't get again are the portraits, but I could be wrong. Password stuff too I guess?

Chaos17

B2GhrvrIIAIVNuZ.jpg

Again from NA twitter

How is everyone distributing stats? Since I switch between Merc and Hunter my STR and Dex (30-35) are the highest, then Vit (25) is next. Focus, Luck and INT(15) are the lowest. I'm guessing it would be best to respec at some point, but right now I am able to do everything without any issues.
Full str, vit, Luck then the rest in other stats when I play mercenary as main job.

Linius

Wearing my mining outfit at the moment I got the following stats:

Strength: 44 (+8)
Vitality: 62 (+8)
Intelligence: 13
Focus: 26 (+4)
Dexterity: 15
Luck: 40

Using a Spirit Hammer that puts my smithing at 165.
Smithing: Lv. 12
Weaponsmithing: Lv. 9
Armoursmithing: Lv. 12
Metal Tool Smithing: Lv. 8

I can't craft Ancient Ingots for shit though. Are my stats way off or is it my tool?

EDIT

Meanwhile I've been busy ranking up my carpenter to God in training. Doubt I'll ever go to God rank with everything, but the usefull jobs for my current fighter life are the ones I'm surely getting up there. Want to create myself the best possible armour + weapon set so I can tackle the trials at the DLC tower.

Velcro Fly

I'm always drained during the week and never want to play since I have so much to do in the game. It's overwhelming a little. So I'm going to pick one life per day and focus on doing some challenges for that. Will feel good to be able to slowly but surely grind some jobs up higher while still being able to enjoy the game in smaller doses.

Also now that I ranked blacksmith up I can craft some better swords!

Chopper

These hero outfits are fucking awesome. Spent the evening gaining Hero rank in all my active lives: Angling, Mining, Woodcutting, Tailor, Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Paladin.

Not sure whether to go out and actually explore some of the post-game areas with terrifying baddies, or just unlock the rest of these outfits!

How do you get the recipes for them?

Chaos17

These hero outfits are fucking awesome. Spent the evening gaining Hero rank in all my active lives: Angling, Mining, Woodcutting, Tailor, Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Paladin.

Not sure whether to go out and actually explore some of the post-game areas with terrifying baddies, or just unlock the rest of these outfits!

How do you get the recipes for them?

creator/god rank

Velcro Fly

Argh I'm leveling jobs and see stuff I want to craft and haven't been able to gather materials for yet. Now I want to go mine some gold ore.

Damn my plan was so good and now it is in ruins!

Velcro Fly

So I have challenges to craft quality food and somehow I just can't. Is this a skill you learn later on or am I just bad? I'm getting extras when I craft :(

Lizardus

So to progress as a carpenter, I needed Platinum Ingots so I mastered Blacksmith. To reach legend in Blacksmith, I need Starry Linen which can only be made by Tailors. I really don't feel like starting yet another crafting life. Can anyone make/buy me about 20 Starry Linens?

So I have challenges to craft quality food and somehow I just can't. Is this a skill you learn later on or am I just bad? I'm getting extras when I craft :(

If your skill/stats are too low, getting high quality isn't that easy. I've found that getting Great on everything guarantees it(regardless of how long it takes to finish the craft), getting one or two Nice you most often get it, and on longer harder crafts getting a few "nothing" bonus still can yield a quality item, but mostly it'll fail. You should try to make sure you get as many great as possible.

In terms of being lower geared and such, the one where you have to press A when the bar is in the middle is the easiest to Great, stats don't even matter as long as you time it right, the spam A is a mixed bag depending on your stats but generally a good one, the hold A is the worst. Because of that, you can manipulate the RNG by restarting a craft when you get too many "Hold A" actions, or until you get enough of the yellow power ups to power through them.

Restarting doesn't consume the items, for whatever reason(I mean it's intended that way, but it's a weird choice, I think losing random materials when cancelling would have made more sense), which means you can just restart until you get a lot of timing and spam ones and can HQ almost everything this way.

Other choices would be to level up a bit doing other stuff and put points into Focus(I think it's focus for cooking), crafting an artisan armor set if you haven't yet(it's +1 focus per piece and is fairly low level weaver), crafting or buying a new tool if yours isn't the best or grinding random easier recipes to increase your cooking skill.

Also a question, I'm closing in on 50, was wondering, is the Lunares coin gear unique or can it be crafted eventually? It seems most of it isn't in the crafting list I've seen, is that gear better than crafted stuff?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Am I crazy, or is the music in this game absolutely amazing. I'm not big into game music, but damn this is good stuff.

I actually find myself laughing at how clever it is at times. It will be some skippy tune, then a kazoo comes in and just starts raging.

Niraj

Am I crazy, or is the music in this game absolutely amazing. I'm not big into game music, but damn this is good stuff.

I actually find myself laughing at how clever it is at times. It will be some skippy tune, then a kazoo comes in and just starts raging.

Nobuo Uematsu = god tier

Velcro Fly

Just pushing myself as far as I could go combat wise tonight. Made it all the way to some triceratops looking thing in the subterranean cave or lake or whatever. Couldn't damage it enough and was taking tons of hits.

Think I'm going to grind a few lives tomorrow. Maybe see about farming some gold and some logs to get those rolling. I haven't even looked at tailoring. And my quest log is almost full and there were a ton I just ignored. Fun times tonight but I need to slow down.

Mik317

Pick this up today (needed a handheld game as console games are bit much for me right now as I am often waay too tired to focus lately)...and wow this is pretty good.

But it's good in ways I generally don't notice. The Writing is legit funny at points as I have chuckled a few times at it and want to talk to everyone I meet as most of the cast is super endearing. The music, as stated above, is damn good. Dem Kazoos. Haven't done much only got to the intro movie but yeah..this is a nice little surprise actually.

TI82

Banned
I just got to the Saudi Arabia place. Expert level hunter not really doing the other lives yet. Port Puerto was kind of disappointing...

Niraj

Didn't play a ton today. I did the alchemist and hunter special requests, and ran the trial of darkness again to make some luck candies. Will probably try to run it twice more tomorrow for more galaxy apples, then go around gathering the other ingredients so I can max out luck.

Man... this game becomes Fantasy FMLife when you have all your gathering skills and you can't make it to the next stop on your BlissList because you're like...

"...oooh! A tree!"
"...oooh! A fishing spot!"
"...oooh! A flower!"
"...oooh! A mining node!"
"...oooh! A twinkling something or another!"

I don't think I'm ever seeing the actual DLC questing content at this pace. Just hit level 20 tonight and thirty hours in already. >.>

Lizardus

Man... this game becomes Fantasy FMLife when you have all your gathering skills and you can't make it to the next stop on your BlissList because you're like...

"...oooh! A tree!"
"...oooh! A fishing spot!"
"...oooh! A flower!"
"...oooh! A mining node!"
"...oooh! A twinkling something or another!"

I don't think I'm ever seeing the actual DLC questing content at this pace. Just hit level 20 tonight and thirty hours in already. >.>

You won't see that until you finish the "story".

Speaking of which, where did these doomstones come from again? I stopped paying attention after second chapter.

Linius

I think I'm going to level my armoursmithing, weaponsmeathing and toolsmithing and same thing for carpenter. Anyone maybe got tips for items I could make that gives good XP and makes a nice profit?

Miner's song was surprising! Maybe because I'm not a native English speaker, but lyrics in these songs doesn't make a lot of sense to me haha.
Oh, by the way, what is the name for those plushy creatures (you know, Plushtones for example)? They are everywhere and yet I don't know what are they called.

Chaos17

So, apparently my local Gamestop sold out. Had like 6 copies.

Any news about how it's selling? I WANT A SEQUEL. :(
That's my dream.

Also a question, I'm closing in on 50, was wondering, is the Lunares coin gear unique or can it be crafted eventually? It seems most of it isn't in the crafting list I've seen, is that gear better than crafted stuff?
It's unique.
The gears are slighty better than the gears of legend rank because the Lunares coins were released before the DLC in a patch.
But since the RNG god can be pretty nasty, it can take a long time to get those Lunares gears and it will be faster to craft yourself the god in training gears.

I just got to the Saudi Arabia place. Expert level hunter not really doing the other lives yet. Port Puerto was kind of disappointing...
Yeah but I liked the caves.

Cook is the easiest class to master, it was fun while it lasted.

Also, I love StreetPass!

Wait until youw ill have to become Legend XD

Philia

My 3DS errored on me. I'm not even sure how many hours I've lost. :(

I hate that. I usually have FL running and sleeping and saving like every so often that I tend to forget... I'd be running around as a merc to get kills and then boom, I come back to a wizard with several bounties behind me. :(

It's unique.
The gears are slighty better than the gears of legend rank because the Lunares coins were released before the DLC in a patch.
But since the RNG god can be pretty nasty, it can take a long time to get those Lunares gears and it will be faster to craft yourself the god in training gears.

Oh so it's only better than the legendary gear, which means it's worse than god in training/god rank crafted stuff, that's what I was wondering, thanks.

I'm now god in training in Woodcutter/Miner, but the big trees/deposits are kinda rough with 50str/vit and the hero gear+legend weapon, so I'm working on my crafting for a bit, then probably going to get Mercenary up there also before I respec to full strength to finish gathering.

Surprisingly, I hit the 500 trees mark before I was done with other stuff, like 5trees before getting the last elder skytree log I needed actually, so that was nice since that meant no grinding.

There are four Lunares Coin weapons (Ful de Mar, Dark Sultan's Staff, Spirit King's Bow, Dragon King's Sword) that are stronger than any weapon you can get or craft.

Good luck getting them from the fountain though...

So what do I do with a bounty? I went to grassy plains first time and killed some really big thug. He turned into a box abd now is following me. What do I do with it?

Lizardus

Anyone? I'll give you some celestial ingots, 50 of them.

So to progress as a carpenter, I needed Platinum Ingots so I mastered Blacksmith. To reach legend in Blacksmith, I need Starry Linen which can only be made by Tailors. I really don't feel like starting yet another crafting life. Can anyone make/buy me about 20 Starry Linens?

Top Bottom