• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

red731

*shhh I'm selling code redeemable with uPlay for 10bucks(or less if you are fast). Pay me in Fez on Steam or over bank account transaction...
*closes doors slowly *opens them again "PM me" *vanishes

There you go! I hate searching for collectables to achieve 100 %.

There's like 12 large bases you can capture and use for quick travel, so if you throw those in to the mix of the story that's made it longer, and without doing a few side missions you will be stuck with beginner weapons with not many upgrades.

zainetor

Banned
It certainly is the best shooter I've played this year. The gunplay and the mobility are almost perfect.

The only thing I hate is that you cant strafe faster...But this is a problem I have with the majority of modern shooters.
Also, when you finish the story and conquer all the outposts, there's nothing relevant left to do. I wish they put large groups of enemies on the map, so you can go out there and hunt them. Instead you got 2 or three enemies togheter at max.

There's like 12 large bases you can capture and use for quick travel, so if you throw those in to the mix of the story that's made it longer, and without doing a few side missions you will be stuck with beginner weapons with not many upgrades.

hmmm doesn't sound too bad. Is there an option for respawning enemies?

For me I lost it when that song started playing...it's just perfect!

spoiler obviously

youtube.com/watch?v=ingPbmcNlkQ

Oh and also...
Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System = BADASS
hahaha

You may want to change that url tag to a spoiler tag. Anyone on mobile or with the YouTube me again extension will see a thumbnail that spoils which movie that song came from.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
5C8FCAA80450EAC3D19B2A4A47E36C09B1759E22
This game is great, I <3 the nukes exploding in the background.

hmmm doesn't sound too bad. Is there an option for respawning enemies?

no idea about end game but there is always some roaming around or in a mini battle with some npc's you can help.

So does this game have any replayability?
I know it's only 15&#8364;/ $ but I hate short games. 2-3 hours is unacceptable for me.

no replay value unless you want to hear the quotes again etc. :p But for me atleast the main story was 4 hours, 6 hours to 100% it.
no respawning bases.

I need to kill one more animal but I don't know which one. :(

look into your journal for animal entries, it has a description of all the ones you need to hunt.

V-Lance

Banned
On the one hand, I was really entertained by the game and the soundtrack is freaking awesome. The last mission was one of the funniest things I ever played. On the other hand, I beat it in 7 hours with all garrisons liberated and all weapon upgrades unlocked.

Then again, it was 15€, the soundtrack itself is worth it. I'm just sad it's already over.

I completely lost it at
-The TMNT sewer sidequest
-The B.A.D.A.S.S.
-That Sex Scene
-Lady Liberty
-The Mortal Kombat/Unreal Tournament thing
-The VHS movie plots

Yeah im satisfied with the amount of content as well for the price of admission. Its like a movie rental that you dont have to rewind! :D

And its not like its a bland 4 hour campaign with a tacked on multiplayer -type of game. Its 4-6 hours of good fun and jokes :D

So I'm doing one of the rescue a scientist missions last night and I rescue the guy. Immediately after he thanks me and starts to run off, he gets mauled by a zebra-striped tiger. I think I love this game.

Aku-Audi

Someone sent me a download code for this for my birthday today.

Absolutely loving every minute so far. I hope Michael Biehn makes a grand return in a larger video game production since I love that dude.

When you take over a garrison the game uses a really cool extra old vhs filter, then it turns off after the small cut scene.

Any way to force that filter on all the time? I don't mean the scan lines, if you know what I mean.

Guessing you can't on console but surely there is a way on pc.

So I'm doing one of the rescue a scientist missions last night and I rescue the guy. Immediately after he thanks me and starts to run off, he gets mauled by a zebra-striped tiger. I think I love this game.

hah yeah I have seen that twice, he thanks me and then get's eaten by a cyber panther lol

Things I would love to see in a sequel:

Hacking certain cyber beings to make them friendly, such as the cyber dogs.

Some big-ass vehicles like tron tanks or light bikes for a laugh.

Garrisons being taken over again if left alone too long.

More 80's throwbacks!

Harder blood dragons/old movie monsters, with the explosive sniper or upgraded smg the dragons become push overs.

Syriel

Maybe it gets better after you clear the first mission, but I wasn't impressed enough with it to try again. The guns all feel toothless, the extreme hypercolor VHS graphics are a little too extreme, and I'm tired of games doing bullshit like not letting you manually save. I could put up with some of this stuff from people I like, but for Ubisoft, I have a lot less patience. Fuck you, Ubisoft.

You can do a manual save anytime you're in the world. The only time saves are disabled is when you're in the middle of a mission.

Having saves during a mission would be somewhat of a cheat.

Hell, if this were a true 80's game, you wouldn't have saves at all. You'd have a password that you had to get at a base.

Akainu

Tried the demo and hated it. It couldn't just be me but the shotgun was useless tight area pointed right at the enemy and nothing. Maybe the full game is better I wouldn't be finding out any time soon though. And no feet! But when I slide I suddenly I have legs? What?

AlphaDump

Gold Member
this game is surprisingly very very good. very reminiscent of old school expansion packs, or even full games of the 90s.

You can really tell who ever made this loved it from the very start and it definitely shows. What could have been half assed is surprisingly awesome for what it embraces. It doesn't give a shit in the best ways possible.

And somehow the story is more coherent than far cry 3. I would love to see this game return in the next gen.

edit: played ps3 version

One thing I would like to see removed is going OOB from a mission, some of the story missions kick in when you are within about 400 meters of the target point, it was annoying because I planned to take a base out next to it first before doing the main mission, but was unable to until after.

Tesseract

Banned
by far the best sp shooter of the year. fucking hell it's good. infinite's gunplay and mobility feels a decade old by comparison.

FaintDeftone

One thing I would like to see removed is going OOB from a mission, some of the story missions kick in when you are within about 400 meters of the target point, it was annoying because I planned to take a base out next to it first before doing the main mission, but was unable to until after.

Yeah, that kept happening to me and I eventually gave up on the outposts until I finished the story.

hymanator

There you go! I hate searching for collectables to achieve 100 %.

There really isn't that many collectibles to begin with, and they are tied to certain upgrades. There is no way you will beat the game in 3 hours unless you go out of your way to do a speed run. I played the game at a steady/casual pace and was able to 100% the game with a completion time of 8-9 hours. I felt like I got my money's worth. Since this game has lot's of humor and one-liners, it's more of a good thing it's a bit on the shorter side.

Mogwai

Downloading the game through Uplay right now. Goddamn it's slow. 180 kbytes/s.... That's not good enough when Steam is downloading at 8 mbytes/s.

red731

I am selling FC3: Blood Dragon uplay for 5eur - in exhange for Spec Ops The Line as a Steam gift (4.99eur)

PM. Really would like to sell it somehow.

Linius

Damn, I finished every collector thing (tv/VHS/notes) and most other stuff too. I'm only missing two attachements which cost a little over 4600 credits together. The thing is that you can't make money and I have absolutely no idea where to find some money. I'm pretty sure I got 99 percent of it. So somewhere on that island is a lonely crate waiting for me I guess.

Also don't have that headshot achievement yet. I really thought I had them all. Gonna need a second playtrough to get that one.

kai3345

Banned
So during the cutscenes, I'm getting awkwardly long pauses inbetween each "slide", yet the music continues in the background. Im pretty sure that's not supposed to be happening.

Top Bottom