• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex Hutchinson: There probably won't be a sequel to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Castef

Banned
I remember this guy, he was behind AC3

"I can see you! You are totally behind AC3!"

LEGANERD_041555.jpg

chemicals

I am playing it right now and I love it. For clarification, I have never played a Far Cry game. I own 2 and 3.. just never played them. Blood Dragon is great though. Loving every minute of it. I like the way it went from HARD (at the beginning before upgrading weapons and leveling up) to EASY (once you get all powered up.)

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
Didn't play Far Cry 3, but I did play Blood Dragon, which was awesome and stupid and fun. But I would say that much of the enjoyability came from the fact that it was so unexpected and different. I doubt a sequel would be able to surprise people in a similar fashion.

They should make a spiritual successor, though. Completely different setting but same general idea of over-the-top sillyness and quirk. They won't be able to escape the expectation trap, though, and knowing what kind of whiny assholes the loudest gamers can be, there will be disappointment.

Top Bottom