• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

THEF3AR

if you guys had a choice far cry 4 or gta? i dont know where else to ask this

post-30381-Is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-zyJv.gif

bounchfx

this thread is far less active than I had hoped. What are the impressions? worth getting? $60 worth ? What if you already played FC3? etc.

newsguy

I'm trying not to do the same thing tomorrow. Any two will take me months to finish.

I've been telling myself that for days. But you walk into that store, and you see thousands of sealed copies, and those damn boxarts... damn you capitalism.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just descended from a radio tower and sprinted 50m to reach a Sherpa only for some idiot to cut a corner and fail miserably at not running him over. :(

SJRB

Gold Member
Game looks incredible, wow.

Also, for the love of god start playing campaign in offline mode. If the game loses connection to the Uplay servers it will immediately boot you back to the main menu, losing all progress.

I just had to redo the prologue over again because it booted me back.

FordGTGuy

Banned
OK just wondering since I've seen very little talk of the One versions for this, Dragon age, and GTAV.

Dragon Age looks unnaturally good on Xbox One(like it shouldn't look that good.).

Far Cry 4 looks like 1080p but the AA reminds me of the AA used in Unity.(Could be wrong, honestly really hard to tell.)

As far as GTAV is concerned, apparently my preload messed up...

Hawk269

Dragon Age looks unnaturally good on Xbox One(like it shouldn't look that good.).

Far Cry 4 looks like 1080p but the AA reminds me of the AA used in Unity.

As far as GTAV is concerned, apparently my preload messed up...

I am heading to bed (have to be up early for work). If you can, please post impressions of the Xbox One version. I am interested in this game, but just want to hear from someone I know that has the Xbox One version.

Thanks!

Rikyfree

Ok I have a problem. I thought far cry 4 was completely downloaded, but when I got to the part where the game says "prologue" it said it was installing and was stuck at 57 percent. So I thought it didn't download correctly so I started to redownload it. Now its downloading it but the file size says 3.94 GB. That can't be right as the game is well over 20gb in size and I deleted the game data before redownloading it. Any tips as to what is going on?

Also, for the love of god start playing campaign in offline mode. If the game loses connection to the Uplay servers it will immediately boot you back to the main menu, losing all progress.

FUCK UPLAY!

Squozen

I know it's the exact same game as FC3, but goddamn I loved that game, and I played it on the PS3!

Given that I got FC3 'free' on PS+ I don't feel too bad having preordered FC4 today. I'm pretending I paid $30 for each ot then.

Uff duh

Banned
Ok I have a problem. I thought far cry 4 was completely downloaded, but when I got to the part where the game says "prologue" it said it was installing and was stuck at 57 percent. So I thought it didn't download correctly so I started to redownload it. Now its downloading it but the file size says 3.94 GB. That can't be right as the game is well over 20gb in size and I deleted the game data before redownloading it. Any tips as to what is going on?

Yeah same here. I think it just downloads the prologue mission and the rest in the background while you play. My progress bar is moving slow as hell thou. Just let it be man, thats what I am doing.

Skyzard

Banned

This x10.

Also, don't just quit after a bit, get to the first proper place. It hasn't been reloading me at the checkpoints.

PC had a 3GB patch for me. Also, it looks great:

http://a.pomf.se/evivad.webm

http://a.pomf.se/qmuedu.webm

Goomba64

Banned

yep just happened to me :(

Rikyfree

Yeah same here. I think it just downloads the prologue mission and the rest in the background while you play. My progress bar is moving slow as hell thou. Just let it be man, thats what I am doing.
I hope this is the case. Ill give it another whirl once it initially finishes the 3.94 gb dowload

Any screenshots? Issues? Glitches that one needs to be worried about? I want to get this game but didn't preorder it due to, well......Ubisoft. It reviewed well but the better reviewers come from GAF. Anything?

Dude, what? I can't count how many times I've seen the 'Uplay disconnected' message while playing AC:U; thankfully that doesn't boot me every time it happens. This, combined with the email I got saying I could play the game over an hour ago when it's still not unlocked, really makes me glad I got this for free. Hopefully there won't be server issues tomorrow (
there probably will be
).

Mohonky

If you didn't like FC3 for the love of God don't buy this game. It's very similar.

Hrrmmmmmm yeh it is, but it seems like its done a lot better. I remeber enjoying 3 but having some issues with some of the hunting etc, this time round i havent even left the first area, i am sending the wildlife extinct and really enjoying it.

Getting upgrades really quick and access to very good weapons, money also isnt hard to come by so I have some good gear already and I am enjoying running round. Seems to be more vehicles and fast travels so everything seems less of a chore.

XavandSo

Neo Member
Any impressions from folks playing it on a 360/PS3 for those of us who have declined to make the jump to the newer systems?
I've played it on PlayStation 3 for around 2-3 hours so far and it runs extremely well. It runs at 1280x704 and looks quite sharp on my TV (2013 LG Smart 3D TV). Don't feel bad that you don't have a PS4/XB1, it's still a solid game on last-gen.

Downcrashing

Neo Member
This game is broken if you disconnect from uplay or fail a mission you start from the beginning and have to watch the whole damned intro again. I've see it 3 times now.

The game really starts to open up 2 hours in once you are past the tutorial missions. And hot damn, the AK-47 sounds awesome (better than FC3).

If recommend everyone purchase the compound bow as soon as you can. Most animals drop in a single shot "clean kill" which next you 2x pelts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This game is broken if you disconnect from uplay or fail a mission you start from the beginning and have to watch the whole damned intro again. I've see it 3 times now.

The Uplay disconnection issue can be circumvented by playing an offline campaign.

pubba

I hope this is the case. Ill give it another whirl once it initially finishes the 3.94 gb dowload

Hi Rikyfree, you made a mistake deleting the game and re downloading it..

The system will download the first file (I think it's almost 4GB) which will allow you to load the game and maybe okay a tutorial mission or part of the game. In the background your PS4 is downloading the rest of the game.

Highlight farcry4 on your home screen and hit the 'options' button on the controller, then select 'information'. You can see how much has been downloaded there. Hope that helps.l I made the same mistake back when Watch Dogs came out :)

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
It detects the PS4 controller perfectly on the PC, even shows up the prompts.

Jezabel

Anyone's weapon wheel keep popping up unexpectedly while moving about. It's weird that it's keyed to the same stick to run and move. Ps4 by the way

yea...this is pretty much the exact same thing, new location. I really liked far cry 3, but im having a hard time getting into this for some reason. I personally enjoyed the location of FC3 a lot more

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Just got through the prologue and had to stop. Seems really solid on PS4 so far. IQ is solid other than some shimmering from the AA but I think it looks great. If anyone's wondering about the "Easter egg" that was posted on the front page yesterday
there's no reason to do it yourself. After it's done you get kicked back to the main menu and have to start completely over. This would be fine but as far as I can tell the intro cutscene is unskippable so you'll end up watching it twice.
So far so good but I haven't really got anywhere yet.

Edit: My early impression is that it's just FC3 in a different setting as well. Again super early impression but so far but I can't see any difference in the way it plays.

Edit edit: There's no need to go online unless you're actually playing co-op. You choose between online and offline everytime you start the game so you won't lose anything choosing offline and not get random disconnects and losing progress.

Martian

Should I finish Far Cry 3 before (I know the games are separate, but playing a prequel after the better version sometimes sucks) playing FC4?

And how does the game run on lower-end PC's (I have a radeon 7950 3gb, 4460, 8gb ram)? I don't want to play the game with 20 fps lowest settings. I always have difficulty reading canyourunit's results, as it says I can play it, but not at what costs.

Gaz_RB

Should I finish Far Cry 3 before (I know the games are separate, but playing a prequel after the better version sometimes sucks) playing FC4?

And how does the game run on lower-end PC's (I have a radeon 7950 3gb, 4460, 8gb ram)? I don't want to play the game with 20 fps lowest settings. I always have difficulty reading canyourunit's results, as it says I can play it, but not at what costs.

If you're dead set on playing FC3, then play it first. Otherwise I'd just skip to FC4 and play FC3 sometime later. You definitely don't want to play them back to back though, they're way too similar.

Top Bottom