• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 is running 4k on One X & Series X, No Information on other consoles at this time

Evilms

Banned
ubi pr has delete the tweet :messenger_tears_of_joy:

+

VdsKwx3.jpg

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I think if they were just running the current gen version, both next gen consoles have the gpu and cpu power to hit 4k/60. But if Ubisoft are pushing better effects and ray tracing into the next gen version, well framerate will be a problem.
People need to get used to the idea of 30fps still being the 'norm' next gen, especially in ray traced games.
Well to be fair watchdogs 3 ran at 1080 on a 2080ti .

So hard to tell what effecta they will implement here in the next gen version.

But lets be frank the bottom line here is that either console could hit 4k60fps but ubisoft cant code for shit and instead put in ray tracing etc just to hide their incompetence

DryvBy

Why are people upset? We knew PS5 was the "or" console this gen. You can have 4K or 60 fps but not both.

That's PS5s boost mode in action. Either the CPU or GPU can run at full power but not both.
Because the Xbox One X is pushing the same as the Series X. You're telling me an Xbox One X can do 4k and 60fps but not a PS5? C'mon, now.

Genx3

They paid for that. I see nothing else.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
No way XGS is going to pay to have the PS5 version at a lower Res.
The PS5 version of the game is probably running at the same settings as the XSX version so it is also running at a lower Res in order to keep up.

It's a cross-gen game, surely they lower settings on the PS5 version (between One X and Series X settings) to have it run at 4K. If the OneX GPU can push 4K, so can the PS5 GPU.
The SSD has nothing to do with it.
Or they chose to keep the settings the same.

4K Ultra HD is just the marketing moniker which Xbox uses. Ask them again does Far Cry 6 run at 2160p on PS5 and I'm sure the answer would be yes. I'll eat a teacake if not.
UHD is what every TV manufacturer calls 4K res.

FranXico

The implication, on a x-platform game, that MS would have paid Ubisoft's PR department to lie about 4k only being on Xbox and Not PS5? Has that happened before? That doesn't make any sense to me.
It's a disclaimer for Xbox platforms that must be shown in multiplatform games, like the trademark text shown just above it. But it is worded in a confusing way.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Well if PS4 pro can’t run one X settings at 4K but 1800p , and Ps5 can’t run Series X settings at 4K but 1800p they are correct .. but you can hardly see the difference anyway.

Saber

I wonder why so much effort(and fuss from our fellow members)for a Farcry game. You know...a game that releases every so often.

If it was a biggie like Cyberpunk, then I would be totally charmed. But Farcry? I have about 2 here and wouldn't bother to buy a new one regardless of how it runs.

Last edited:

AeneaGames

lot of FUHD being spread in this thread.

I wonder why Ubi can't say for other consoles right now? Sony paying them to keep quiet? Or MS paying them not to say anything?

Either way, if one company is paying another to mislead gamers, dats fuqqed up yo

They have a marketing deal with Xbox which means they are not allowed to talk about how the game performs on the PS5, nor show the PS5 game cover do anything at all related to this game and PS5...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Question for the people that buy these things

Why?

Like you gotta, no NEED to talk with some quirky native, climb a tower and REVOLUTION yearly by law?

Pollos Hermanos

Yams

You're talking about Ubisoft marketing material that has to follow Sony and Microsoft branding guideline. Look it says and HDR on Xbox One S and newer consoles only. Notice they make no mention of PS4, Pro and PS5? That is not Sony marketing guideline, all Xbox marketing must include 4K Ultra HD and HDR and Smart delivery if it supports it on the marketing material. It is even in the trademark and brandmark disclaimer section. When was the last time a game actually told you the actual render resolution on the box or marketing material?

Yes, it looks like you are right on that point. However the majority of our conversation has been about 4K on the One X and 4K on the Series X and whether those two versions are identical or different from one another. I'm saying its likely both are in 4K but that the graphical settings vary from one another.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Let's see what it will take to run the game at 4k on PC before we jump to conclusions.

It is very odd though that the Xbox One X will run it at 4k but the PS5 won't though.

Last edited:

K.N.W.

lot of FUHD being spread in this thread.

I wonder why Ubi can't say for other consoles right now? Sony paying them to keep quiet? Or MS paying them not to say anything?

Either way, if one company is paying another to mislead gamers, dats fuqqed up yo
I think that banner text is premade by Microsoft and refers to the 4K output, the final rendering resolution probably isn't set in stone yet. Even if the game was 1441P, they would still probably sell it with MSFT's 4K Ultra HD mantra. At least that's how it was on PS4 PRO and X1X, and I don't think it's going to leave for next gen machines.

Last edited:
Top Bottom