• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 3 - Brothers, Bridge, and Backstabbing in 2010 Minnesota - Wed on FX

Interesting to see people liking Carrie Coon's character- out of all the law enforcement we've seen in this series so far, she's far and away the least interesting. Not a fault of her performance, just the writing and the character herself. That plotline interests me the least by a longshot.

I hated the officers in season 1. The only character I found interesting was BBT. In season 2 Mike Mulligan was the standout character and the main cop was lame. This season again, interesting "villain".

Pachimari

Oh damn this Fargo has gotten good. I just finished the second last episode and will watch the finale now. That shit is tense. And this Malvo is such a sociopath, so is Lester really. Although because I read the wiki earlier I read that Lester and Malvo is gonna die, and that Molly is gonna get promoted, so I don't really expect any surprises in the final, but to me it's been about the journey through this season and experiencing and understanding what Fargo is all about.

[edit] Finished season 1! Onto Season 2.

Does anyone know the languages that Varga speaks. I only got the ones that he was talking to the lot guy; The scene where he talks to Meemo, and the last one where he makes a comment about Americans and their perceptions on deals (I think it maybe French)

Pachimari

So does Season 2 take place in 1979, or is that just the play they are filming in the intro? I see Solverson working on this case, so season two is a prequel?

Does anyone know the languages that Varga speaks. I only got the ones that he was talking to the lot guy; The scene where he talks to Meemo, and the last one where he makes a comment about Americans and their perceptions on deals (I think it maybe French)
It's hard for me to pick it up given his dental issues, but the subtitles noted that it was French in at least one scene.

Pachimari

I watched the pilot of Season 2 last night and damn was that a good set up for the season. Really loving it. And Molly is in high school, so cute haha. But it's a little jarring seeing Solverson apparently 26 years younger than in S1 and still looking pretty much the same. And also I can't remember but wasn't Betsy mentioned in the first season?

Bandit1

I have to say this season hasn't pulled me in as much as season 1 and 2 did at this point. The only characters I'm really into are Emmit and Nikki. The Ray/Varga forced partnership isn't clicking with me yet. Still excited for tonight's episode, and I'm sure things will come together for me before it's over.

rekameohs

Banned
alhj7w6_d.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thought the end was better than the start, but overall that honestly didn't do a whole lot for me.

ZOONAMI

I liked the animation bits but honestly this was the definition of a filler episode, other than him getting the name from the toilet.

Still filler though as backstory could have been handled much quicker as it was immediately clear he was being conned writing all those checks, cover him hitting Zimmerman, moving to Mn, seeing a stussy sign or something and going with it.

Appreciated the Mac cameo though, but would have preferred he be a recurring character.

Not a bad episode by any means but didn't like it as much as the first 2.

DiscoJer

There was like 10 minutes of interesting stuff in that episode.

I think Fargo has reached the point where the writer/creator has gotten too much free rein and needs to have an editor or something to cut out the fat.

Bandit1

Episode was a little strange, and the story of Thaddeus Mobley seems mostly unnecessary to what's going on in 2010, (except that seeing the Stussy name on the toilet will inadvertantly get him killed years later) but I liked the episode. I really warmed up to Gloria, and liked seeing her out of her element in the big city. Anyone else think the robot in the animated segments looked a little bit like Clank?

Fun fact: the charcter Vivian is played by a mother (2010) and her daughter (1975).

Erekiddo

FX on Spectrum is showing a completely different movie at the moment. Fargo did not start at 10pm as usual.

Wtf

Wait this is a flashback. Wtf!

I thought it was a great short story about Gloria's character. I'm glad they did it, and I'm excited to get back into the main Fargo action next week.
Fun fact: the charcter Vivian is played by a mother (2010) and her daughter (1975).
Clint Eastwood's ex-wife and daughter, too.

Cels

shaggy dog story: the episode

i liked it though

but damn zimmerman has been a vegetable for 25 years by the time the show rolls around

FeelsBadMan

Erekiddo

This episode was all over the place. The other seasons had hooked me by now, by episode count, but I'm still hopeful.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Loved this episode. The backstory probably isn't something we absolutely needed, but it fleshed out Gloria's​ character. Good to have the mystery of Ennis' past life solved so soon.

Carrie Coon carried this episode on her back, just a week after doing the same thing on The Leftovers. Damn, Carrie Coon Season truly is a blessed time.

Top Bottom