• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo season 4

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Fargo has mafia type stuff in it ??? That's my favorite type of shows / movies so I'll check it out. Only seen the movie which is way different than this.

Fbh

Looks good (also damn, Chris Rock got old).

Hopefully it's better than S3.
S1 and 2 are my all time favorite thing on TV

First 2 seasons were all time. 3rd I lost interest after one episode. Maybe Ill give it another shot.

Third season doesn't get good until like 4 episodes in. And even then it's never as good as S1 or S2 but it's still enjoyable

Grinchy

Banned
I'll wait until it's over before watching it. I can't really do week-to-week viewing anymore unless I have to for a really great show like Better Call Saul or something.

All I know about this one was that the trailer had Chris Rock smirking while trying to act like he does every time someone hires him to act. Hopefully it's good!

alstrike

I've watched the first 4 episodes and it's looking more and more epic, Doctor Senator is fucking amazing.

And respect to Chris Rock for proving a lot of people wrong about his acting chops.

Texas Pride

Banned
Rock in a serious role isn't relating to me. Maybe he can't act or I'm used to seeing him in a comedic setting. Rest of the season seems okay.

Nico_D

Watched the first two episodes. I think it lost me. The first three seasons told about normal people ending up in shitty situations. I've seen this organized crime thing too many times.

Kadayi

Banned
I’m enjoying it. What’s the point of the white lady that makes pies, though?

I think she's kind of the fly in the ointment. She basically killed the Mob boss when she misinterpreted the son's request to look after him, leading to this slow war of escalation and then she made the poison pie which is going to lead more trouble

For the most part, I'm digging the direction of the series. Particularly like Whishaw doing his hangdog Irishman caught in the middle of being an outsider to everyone, and Glynn Turman has been really good as Rocks Right hand and Consigliere. However, less sold on Schwartzman as he's kind of nebbish and albeit he's a force of nature as Genny in the Italian Crime drama Gomorrah (which I highly recommend), Salvatore Esposito feels like he's acting in a black and white movie with the amount of face acting he's doing. I dare say that's likely a directorial choice, but it's kind of not really making the best use of him. Olyphant is always good, especially when you give him any kind of a badge, but Jack Huston and his various PTSD ticks is more annoying versus engaging. Not remotely invested in the Funeral home drama at all, though.

I listened to the Watch Podcast and they kind of summarized it best in that everyone's maximising, which I think is a fair assessment.

Still going to see it through as there' really not much else on atm, but I'll be honest I've yet to be sold on any of the Fargo Season endings, as in any way satisfying. Hawley is great at taking you on a journey, but the destination is oftentimes underwhelming.

Last edited:

nyr88nyg

Banned
I think she's kind of the fly in the ointment. She basically killed the Mob boss when she misinterpreted the son's request to look after him, leading to this slow war of escalation and then she made the poison pie which is going to lead more trouble

For the most part, I'm digging the direction of the series. Particularly like Whishaw doing his hangdog Irishman caught in the middle of being an outsider to everyone, and Glynn Turman has been really good as Rocks Right hand and Consigliere. However, less sold on Schwartzman as he's kind of nebbish and albeit he's a force of nature as Genny in the Italian Crime drama Gomorrah (which I highly recommend), Salvatore Esposito feels like he's acting in a black and white movie with the amount of face acting he's doing. I dare say that's likely a directorial choice, but it's kind of not really making the best use of him. Olyphant is always good, especially when you give him any kind of a badge, but Jack Huston and his various PTSD ticks is more annoying versus engaging. Not remotely invested in the Funeral home drama at all, though.

I listened to the Watch Podcast and they kind of summarized it best in that everyone's maximising, which I think is a fair assessment.

Still going to see it through as there' really not much else on atm, but I'll be honest I've yet to be sold on any of the Fargo Season endings, as in any way satisfying. Hawley is great at taking you on a journey, but the destination is oftentimes underwhelming.

Why is she trying to poison that family across the street?

Kadayi

Banned
Why is she trying to poison that family across the street?

It wasn't to kill them, more because she offered the daughter a job and was initially rebuffed so it was a bit of pretty revenge to basically give them all the shits.

Fbh

It has been pretty enjoyable so far. It still nails that slow escalation of tensions but overall it's not quite there on the level of the amazing S1 and 2.

Chris Rock has been pretty good, his character is one of the least interesting ones but at least he hasn't stood out in a bad way.
To be honest the one taking me out of things is the fat Italian brother (Gaetano). Fargo is no stranger to over the top characters but the dude just comes across as some Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I hated the last 3 seasons. Well to be fair, they were extremely predictable and only the first season was any good. I'm enjoying this season quite a bit but sadly this will play out as previous seasons have. That nurse is making the story shit :/.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woo-Fu

Banned
That didn't seem like a misinterpretation to me. Seems like exactly what the son wanted.

Last edited:

alstrike

Just finished Ep 5 and...

tenor.gif

Top Bottom