• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fashion in Hip-Hop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Lil-Wayne-wearing-women-pants-300x293.jpg

Kanye-West-Mask.jpg

asap-rocky-Best-Looks-2012-UpscaleHype.jpg

Wiz-Khalifa-ONIFC-Album-Cover-507x507-507x350.jpg

okok.jpg

What the hell happened to this?

big-and-pac.jpg

Actually, they look like crap on that pic too, but at least they were not wearing ugg boots or leopard leggings.

What do you say GAF, are the rappers in the pics above examples of creativity and originality, or they are just pretentious, hideously dressed insults to the genre?

HiiiLife

There are plenty of rappers who don't dress like that. Lol. You just happened to pick the ones who dress like clowns.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
There are plenty of rappers who don't dress like that. Lol. You just happened to pick the ones who dress like clowns.

Yeah, I know. I found funny that some of the biggest, most influential do dress like clowns.

There are some artists that can pull off an "exotic" look really well. Kendrick dresses really well most of the time:

kendrick-drank.jpg

Davidion

Some of the more eccentric stuff works, most don't.

I just kinda wish more people in hip hop took fashion cues from someone like Andre 3000.

Andre-3000.jpg

Edit: Crap, late.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
For every biggie and tupac there's a sir mix-a-lot and rick james, so to speak. Bad and outrageous clothing in popular music in nothing new at all.

Also, fuck "fashion".

Birdman in Op is fuck awesome. (edit: from the post right above mine!)

Andre 3000 will save us all by being the king of kings in fashion.

Still not sure if Tupac was on the down low, and that image leaves me more confused than ever.

PBY

Banned
Birdman in Op is fuck awesome. (edit: from the post right above mine!)

Andre 3000 will save us all by being the king of kings in fashion.

Still not sure if Tupac was on the down low, and that image leaves me more confused than ever.

PD is that you

royalan

I, for one, am glad that the standards for masculinity and what is and isn't acceptable has become a lot less rigid and a lot more open-minded in the Hip Hop community. It's called change and progress.

Cipherr

Rocky crosses the line. WTF:

13584269946625f89c4d.jpg

Hideous gundam like shoes and a purse?

I'm screaming. He looks ridiculous. Forget hip-hop, I would settle for the entire city of New York doing something about Spike Lee's ridiculous looking ass.

UJb0wQX.png

The hell is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom