• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fashion in Hip-Hop....

Status
Not open for further replies.
kRhxRIH.jpg
Q69wlTD.png

.GqueB.

Banned
They've been dressing like idiots since forever for the most part. Our idea of what that idiocy is has just shifted.

mikeGFG

Banned
shout outs to gimmicks

and yo how does hostess go out of business when there's enough soft rappers in the first post to fill up a lifetime supply of twinkies

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I for one am glad that the image of the "gangster" is dead in the mainstream. Wear all the colors ya like, I was getting sick of grey and black.

I, for one, am glad that the standards for masculinity and what is and isn't acceptable has become a lot less rigid and a lot more open-minded in the Hip Hop community. It's called change and progress.

I'm not. Shit looks ridiculous

You can be fashionable/handsome without looking like a clown. See: 2pac

I, for one, am glad that the standards for masculinity and what is and isn't acceptable has become a lot less rigid and a lot more open-minded in the Hip Hop community. It's called change and progress.
doesn't change the fact that most of these people look like idiots. nothing to do with masculinity.

ITT Celebrities attempt to create/assimilate to Fads.

It's foolish spend time on disliking Today's fashion. The very nature of it is constantly changing fads. It also makes you look silly when you claim that any era of Hip Hop fashion as if one is better than the other.

Leopard pants = Stupid
Shiny Suits = Stupid
Clothing 3 sizes too big = Stupid
Full blown costumes that look like you threw on half the Salvation Army = Stupid

Cipherr

Photoshoots dont really bother me. People have worn some ridiculous shit for photoshoots since forever.

But damn, when you are on your own time, and still dressing like a goddamned fool while out and about; I just .... man...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So we gone to act like that mask yeezy is wearing ain't badass I see

...hell no. I'm glad Yeezus has come out as rap's first furry/Court of Owls cosplayer, but that shit is straight stupid. You're drinking some special koolaid if you think wearing a taxidermist's leftovers over your face is anything resembling badass.

Come on sons.

mooooose

mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:221502

the best, always and forever

hip hop is full of clowns and idiots, but i think asap rocky dresses well when he isnt trying to be a douche and he's just wearing pyrex, supreme, some denim, and sneakers. i think q would too if he didnt sag, fuck plenty of rappers would if they didnt sag still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom