• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX / Shovel Knight for Switch launch, no VC at release

Having more new stuff at launch is nice. I'm looking forward to playing Fast RMX and Specter of Torment.
No vc is unfortunate, but I can wait to replay older games so it's no biggie to me.

In case some of you have not noticed, this press release confirmed funds from previous Eshops will transfer over to Switch.

Having this confirmed is nice as well. I wonder if we'll finally be able to pay for stuff using paypal at some point..

>Virtual Console games will not be available on Nintendo Switch at launch. We will share more information in the future.

Hahahahahahaha. God Nintendo is just the worst.

Magnalon

Neo Member
Whoa on the Shovel Knight timed exclusivity -- the expansion has been hyped for months and bam, timed Switch exclusive! This bolsters the launch a bit.

As far as I know Snipperclips was never confirmed as a launch game, and is coming later in March. Nintendo is trying out the staggered release schedule so they technically have *something* to offer every month of the year instead of blowing it all at once.

Owensboro

I've already got Shovel Knight on the Wii U, you know you want to give me a discount on the Switch version Nintnedo....

...aww who am I kidding. Totally going to be full price. No games will transfer. I'll buy Shovel Knight again because it's awesome and Yacht Club deserves the money.

That sucks about Virtual Console, but I also just kind of expect them to do the same damn rollout they've always done with it with things like Urban Champion and Balloon Fight being the only games available at launch and then slowly trickling out games people actually want to buy again every 4 months or so.

Ein Bear

God, the thought of starting the years-long drip feeding of the Virtual Console from scratch again for the third time is so depressing.

jonno394

>Virtual Console games will not be available on Nintendo Switch at launch. We will share more information in the future.

Nobody really expected this seeing as neither Wii U or 3DS launched with VC. Also, I I guess Sony really are the worst as well for not launching the PS4 with PS1/PS2/PS3 software.

I'm getting both of these, but no VC? Many missing features at launch, it's really seeming like this system isn't ready to release.

Kouriozan

Looks like I'm buying 2 more games at launch, interested about the indies showcase.
No VC at launch was so expected after Nintendo's silence about it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No VC? Expected.

Fast RMX? Unexpected. In.

No VC at launch. Why am I not surprised

Because most recent consoles did not have anything similar at launch, either? Nobody should be surprised at this.

Mr-Joker

Banned
No too fussed about Virtual games not being their at launch as I will be too busy with Zelda.

No Snipperclips at launch :(

Yeah, that's disappointing hopefully we don't have to wait long to play it.

Interesting that they have a short period of exclusivity on Specter of Torment. It won't be particularly significant; I suspect the reasoning was something along the lines of "Well, it's so close to launch *anyway*, can we go a little extra and be officially a launch title?"

It's because Nintendo helped out Yatch Club.

Will Shovel Knight have a physical release also?

Not at the moment but could be possible later down the line.

Do you honestly care about SNES games when you buy a new console?

Kinda, as I need me Donkey Kong Country series.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I wondered for a while if VC wouldn't be available for strategic reasons as to get people to purchase new releases, especially 3rd party offerings rather than having people buy older games and having to address the importing of people's Wii U or 3DS VC games.

Great news on Shovel Knight and Fast RMX though. Might get both.

Plum

I really hope we get confirmation that WPA-2 Enterprise works on the Switch so I can buy these at launch. Gonna get both and maybe World of Goo as well.

Fast RMX and Shovel Knight and its newest expansion being out at launch is nice news.
VC news about it not being out at launch is not surprising at all to me and it sucks, but I'll deal.
The Nindies Showcase is great, could see some indie announcements and more news on confirmed titles.

I don't get why Snipperclips has to be at launch. I don't want it at launch. I want it to get its own week so it can get the sales it deserves.

Hattori

Banned
no VC is unfortunate but my NES Classic will do for now. Shovel Knight and Fast RMX at launch is sweet though. Nice palate cleansers in between Zelda sessions.

Not all that surprising, seeing as we've heard nothing about it one week out.

As long as it's not terribly far behind, it should be fine.

Memory

No VC at launch. Why am I not surprised

God, the thought of starting the years-long drip feeding of the Virtual Console from scratch again for the third time is so depressing.

You're forgetting that they are adding online features to VC games. I'm sure they want to do a big VC relaunch rather than push it out as standard like they did before. Its not going to be the VC as Wii U and 3DS.

Yeah, I was more referring to the fact that it is not there at launch, not that it's not there at all.

The SNES stuff, meh.

But portable DKC Returns Wii, portable Mario Kart Wii/64, hell, maybe even portable Xenoblade Chronicles? That would've been awesome to have at launch.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused. Do you have to buy both Shovel Knights, or is it still one game with free dlc?

edit: Nevermind it's still one game

thefro

I definitely want Nintendo to explain what's going on with VC before the system launches, but I don't care that VC ready at launch. It makes more sense to roll it out when there's a lull in games coming out.

More interested in the indie games coming.

I'm confused. Do you have to buy both Shovel Knights, or is it still one game with free dlc?

Treasure Trove is one game with all the free DLC (and future DLC).

Specter of Torment is the Specter Knight DLC as a standalone game.

GC VC launching in December with Wave Race: Blue Storm, Luigi's Mansion and...Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader to tie into Episode VIII hype.

I can dream, can't I

Top Bottom