• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame 3DS spin-off coming in NA; called Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir;

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm pretty sure this will be $30 at most on launch. Probably less...

It's sad that i think this is NOA's way of proving that they shouldn't release core games in the US and won't attempt to market it :(

Yes, Nintendo deliberately wants their games to bomb. Because they hate money and success.

Completely logical business thinking here.

batbeg

A spinoff of my favorite horror franchise comes out on my birthday and... I won't be buying it at $40. :\ I'll jump at $30 though.

IrishNinja

crap cover, throwaway name - still hyped! i love horror, dig Fatal Frame (despite never finishing any of em) and the AR stuff here could be awesome. hype!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's not half price, it's 1000 yen cheaper than the usual Nintendo 3DS game (3800 yen vs 4800)

Should be $30 in NA.

for a "budget" price (in Europe should be 29 €) I'll buy it (I love the franchise and I'm curious about the new way of play)...but they should announce a PAL release :(

for a "budget" price (in Europe should be 29 €) I'll buy it (I love the franchise and I'm curious about the new way of play)...but they should announce a PAL release :(

Yeah waiting on a Pal release date.... i love this series even if its just a spin off..

Come on NOE announce it already...

Ricker

For some reason I never finished any of FFrame games but enjoyed them all a lot(either it was on a puzzle or I just kept dying at some point and just gave up)looking forward to this one now.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Again - don't go in expecting the same horror thrill from Fatal Frame - it's a lot more, um, cartoony/duff anime than the FF

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I played it at PAX, it seemed awesome but as I told my friends afterward my main concern is the content. The included AR booklet seemed like it's about 30 pages or so and I had already "used" three of them in my 15 minute demo.

I have to say, the AR stuff is implemented really well (like, it felt like the "next gen" of AR), it had great atmosphere, and the Fatal Frame half of them game worked like a more accessible Fatal Frame.

But the content, man... I had a bad feeling walking away from the demo it would only be about three hours.

I love Dementium and that game only lasted slightly longer than this seems to, so it may be a buy for me, but I can see many others having issues with it. I hope the game does well, though. It's obvious a majority of development time was spent on polishing the AR aspect and not on creating content.

Included with the game is a 16-page AR Book, known as the "diary of faces"

For a second I misread that as "diary of feces", which would have made for an...interesting AR experience...

Anyway, love Fatal Frame, assuming this is priced in a manner that reflects the amount of content in the game, I'll bite on day 1.

frequency

For a second I misread that as "diary of feces", which would have made for an...interesting AR experience...

Anyway, love Fatal Frame, assuming this is priced in a manner that reflects the amount of content in the game, I'll bit on day 1.

I'm pretty sure it's $39.99 MSRP.

Shame because the idea sounds so cool.

I'm pretty sure it's $39.99 MSRP.

Shame because the idea sounds so cool.

Isn't there still a good chance that that's the default, place-holder price until the official potentially lower price-tag is revealed?

Regarding the price, next week's Best Buy ad has this for $39.99.

Hmm, I guess it's too close to release then to hope for a better price-tag. Welp, gonna wait for a bomba price-drop way after release I guess.

It's actually kinda a win-win to not day-1 these games since dat bloated back-log of mine is just staring me in the face. I know you guys are all guilty of letting your's spiral outta control too! :p

Game is out today. I take it no one's making the OT. :(

Wait the Diary of Faces is only 16 pages? This game is even more criminally short than I thought...

It's super short. That, plus the inability to play this on the subway in NY makes it a no-go for me.

I was quite hyped for this, and Nintendo will probably use this game's bomba to permanently bed the series in the US.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The gameplay was great at PAX. It just needs more content.

I mean, it probably would have been an eShop game without the Diary of Faces. Even still they shouldn't have skimped on content.

Top Bottom