• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame is coming back, but as a pachinko machine

killatopak

Seven years after the most recent Fatal Frame game, the beloved survival horror series is coming back. But there's a twist. You won't be able to play the latest incarnation on a console, PC or phone. Instead, to get a new Fatal Frame fix, you'll need to make your way to a Japanese pachinko parlor at some point in the future.

A trailer spotted by Kotaku offers a peek at some of the cutscenes that players might encounter if they play the pachinko machine. Fair warning: there are some jump scares ahead.

https://www.engadget.com/fatal-fram...kbiYIWDmrkk0tGgBTt6EA700cmM70rIPQLwRvcFxdIfQY

wgPR1Pi.jpg

//DEVIL//

Man I get it as a company you want to make money and to them that’s where the money is.
But why don’t you license your IP if you don’t want to sell them to Sony / MS / Nintendo and get more cut / money from those IPs in gaming ?

it’s like Konami seriously hates video games now since kojima

edit : for some reason I thought this is Konami . Lol

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I loved the last one on Wii U. One of the great exclusives still on that system.

The controller was perfect for it.

Fatal Frame is Tecmo.
For real. FF on the Wii U is a great experience. My only issue is the ridiculous outfits the characters wear. I get it, some people like that stuff and were pissed that the bikini costumes were removed but it's honestly embarrassing for some of us to be playing a game with a scantily clad women wading through water. lol.

On a side note, if you have a Wii U you should seriously buy it off the eShop before Nintendo shuts it down.

Aion002

Interesting thing: Fatal Frame is co-owned by Koei and Nintendo.

"Tecmo's Project Zero IP is now co-owned by Nintendo. Nintendo updated its copyright status way back in 2012 to acquire co-ownership of the Fatal Frame IP. The Kyoto-based company also appears to have full ownership of the spin-off Spirit Photography IP and Project Zero 2: Wii Edition, a remake of Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly."

That's why there was no new Fatal Frame games after the Wii U one. It's up to Nintendo.

So yeah... Blame Nintendo... I guess?

Super Mario Game GIF by dan.bahia.dan

Last edited:
For real. FF on the Wii U is a great experience. My only issue is the ridiculous outfits the characters wear. I get it, some people like that stuff and were pissed that the bikini costumes were removed but it's honestly embarrassing for some of us to be playing a game with a scantily clad women wading through water. lol.

On a side note, if you have a Wii U you should seriously buy it off the eShop before Nintendo shuts it down.
It's the perfect game for the system. Shame that more people won't play it.

Somoza

I see absolutely no difference between releasing a pachinko machine or a set of collectible cards. Derivated products developed by third parties or teams different to the developers of the main titiles are not really a bad thing. It doesnt "steal" resources for a title by tecmo/team ninja.

You see, i see a ton of people who got mad specifically for the silent hill pachinko machine, i am pretty sure that was developed by a separate team from the amusement division of konami. i see no harm done.

Of course i am not that dumb to deny that konami has done a lot of things wrong, but using their ip for profit is not one. Metal gear survive, and the lack of proper new entries using their franchises are.

Obligatory "hit the lever" reference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom