• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extella announced for PS4/Vita

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://gamestalk.net/fate-extra-2/

Unfortunately, Famitsu's official site isn't working right now, so I have to resort to Gamestalk. There's the classic preview from Famitsu.com as well.

Cdk9c31VAAAs2-0.jpg:orig

Following a countdown website this weekend, Marvelous has announced Fate/Extella for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

Fate/Extella is an action game that sees the curtain rise on a new battle. Playable character Nero Claudius (voiced by Sakura Tange), of the “Saber” class, is pictured in the magazine.

The game follows the after-story of the Moon Holy Grail War.

Servants (Playable Characters)

Nero Claudius (voiced by Sakura Tange) – A servant who fought through the Moon Holy Grail War. She also has a mysterious form change.
Caster Tamamo no Mae (voiced by Chiwa Saito) – A servant who uses various magic skills.
Saber Altera (voiced by Mamiko Noto) – Her first appearance in the main series after her appearance in Fate/Grand Order.

Misc.

Screenshots in the magazine show the characters taking out hordes of weaker enemies.

Development is 60 percent complete.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/fateextella-announced-ps4-ps-vita

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wow, a Marvelous game! Interesting news.

I haven't played any Senran titles but sign me up for a Fate action game that isn't the pretty shitty doujin one.

cireza

Banned
Type Moon.

Ufotable.

Fate.

Kara no Kyoukai.

I love all of those so much. Very interested by this game !

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The previous Fate/Extra games, so I guess Marvelous? Though they didn't develop them.
I didn't really like the rock paper scissors gameplay a ton.

Yeah CCC was bad. Hopefully less of that
and less Nero Saber.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sorry for quick off-topic question but if i want to start watching the Fate anime series where do i start? i have heard people say start with Fate/Zero but on the other hand people say it spoils stuff from the other series so now im confused.

Shun

What i would give for a Rider spinoff and another Fate/Unlimited Codes

Sorry for quick off-topic question but if i want to start watching the Fate anime series where do i start? i have heard people say start with Fate/Zero but on the other hand people say it spoils stuff from the other series so now im confused.

Fate series is kind of garbage. I played the series on Vita and the writing makes me laugh.

But it is so garbage that you like it. So play the visual novels.

Fate series is saved by the rest of the nasuverse and AIMER.

duckroll

Watch Fate/Zero because it's good. Skip everything else because they're bad. :p

Sakura

If you have any interest in the overall series, don't start with Fate/Zero. Watch the Fate/Stay Night anime or play the visual novels.
Fate/Zero is a prequel created after Fate/Stay Night, and as such will spoil some significant parts of FSN.

Starting with a prequel is a terrible idea, I'd say.

EDIT : What Sakura said, watch/read Fate/Stay Night, if only to get to know the biggest plot points. Going for Fate/Zero first will spoil some surprises.

raven777

Watch Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night UBW TVA version.

Sakura

Not if you don't consider it a "prequel". Actual Fate is awful. Couldn't make it to ep4 of UBW. Zzzzzz.

There are lots of people that do like FSN though, and he may be one of those people.
As such I would recommend to try watching/playing FSN first, if he doesn't like then sure maybe try Fate/Zero.

duckroll

There are lots of people that do like FSN though, and he may be one of those people.
As such I would suggest to try watching/playing FSN first, if he doesn't like then sure maybe try Fate/Zero, but I would still recommend giving FSN a go.

You're right, lots of people with terrible taste out there. I hope he's not one of those. :)

Arabesque

Oh wow, it is a new game. And here I thought it would be an Extra+CCC port

Since it's a musou game from the looks of it, is it related to that Famitsu survey they did months back?

Oh, are any? Are all the Senran games Tamasoft?

Maybe DELiGHTWORKS is the developer :v

DW can barely get Fate/Grand Order working, expects them working on this game is just lol

Aniel

Neo Member

I will always recommend the Fate/stay night first, because it's the first in the Fate series and it has more depth to it than the anime adaptions. If you really can't get into the visual novel, then just watch the animes.

If you go the anime route, then you can either start with Zero, the 2006 Fate/stay night anime or the newest Unlimited Blade Works adaption. Zero spoils Fate/stay night quite a bit but it's a great anime, that's why many recommend it. The 2006 anime is very mediocre from what I heard but it's technically the first in the series, so starting with it would be the optimal way storywise, just don't expect too much from it lol.

So: start with the VN, if you find it extremely boring then just watch the animes. Starting with Zero will spoil quite a bit but won't ruin the franchise for you. If you are worried about that then start with either the newest Unlimited Blade Works anime (not the movie) or the 2006 anime.

I never understood when people said that, considering that Zero has half the depth that F/SN has. I mean, sure, it's a well made anime, but it doesn't compare to the F/SN VN in my opinion. Heck, you don't even get the full story without F/SN. But, oh well, opinions I guess.

Now, I don't always agree with duckroll on things but he is right here.

Fate/Zero is the only good thing ever made in this series. The rest is all whack as fuck.

I've never been able to get into the games, especially the recent mobile one.

A Musou game could be interesting though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Okay, thanks everyone for answering. :)

I'll sub to this thread and will check back later to see where i should start.

Shun

Now, I don't always agree with duckroll on things but he is right here.

Fate/Zero is the only good thing ever made in this series. The rest is all whack as fuck.

I've never been able to get into the games, especially the recent mobile one.

A Musou game could be interesting though.

Seriously, duckroll know.

Fate is not great and it is really saved by the other properties that Type Moon has.

I play some of the games and they are okay... I just feel like there is better stuff provided out there. Kind of like how Sword Art Online is total garbage like most of Dengeki Bunko published works, but they popular anyway.

This is cool tho for the fans. I wonder if there will be Takaki fan service elements if he heads the project.

Arabesque

It's okay though. As long as you are good friends with the creator of the IP, your startup's contract is secure!

Shame said contract couldn't cover for the additional servers and staff needed to manage that business.

Man, I forgot that Takeuchi only got DW to work on the game because they were recommended by someone he knew. To think that the fuckery surrounding that game's launch and first year happened because he couldn't be bothered to look for an actual mobile-game company.

I never understood when people said that, considering that Zero has half the depth that F/SN has. I mean, sure, it's a well made anime, but it doesn't compare to the F/SN VN in my opinion. Heck, you don't even get the full story without F/SN. But, oh well, opinions I guess.

I don't think that's possible, given Fate/Stay night has much fewer POV than F/Z (and the majority of Stay night is through one, Shirou's) and that Zero deals with storylines better and more diverse that SN.

But it did come after the visual novel so it did have the opportunity to improve on what was (and wasn't) there.

What "depth" does Fate stay/night have?

Top Bottom