• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paprikka

For those of you with a Tamamo Cat, her interlude that unlocks after Okeanos is a truly wonderful place.

KarDjjo.jpg

The battle before gave one as well, though I'm not sure if they're all 100% drop rate.

EDarkness

Sumanai. If FGO is your main mobile game, then maybe download another gacha game to sate your rolling urge? Having a specific servant to aim for is also helpful for saving.

Whew. Luckily it's not. I play Fire Emblem Heroes and FF: Brave Exvius so FGO is something I mess around with on the side. That doesn't mean I don't want some cool servants to build up. I wanted to get Nero during the last banner, but no luck. Figured I'd try for Artoria during her banner, but no luck, either. Tried for Drake on this banner, but no luck. I have no luck getting banner units in this game. The cards really screw with things and it sucks. Oh well, I'm decided to avoid pulling for anything else going forward and just focus on the three characters I have now Zhuge, Emiya, and Artoria Alter. I'll just live with the idea that I'm not getting anything else. I've pretty much given up trying to get anything out of the Friend Summon, so even though we get those free every day, i don't mess with it at all.

All I can do now is farm for stone things and that's what I've been doing. Nothing wrong with that, but I REALLY don't see how folks can have this as their main game. The pull rates are terrible.

Sciel

Threw another 30 Quartz at the gacha...

Gold Card....

....Jeanne....AGAIN....Rate-up my arse. I'm sure that extra 5% Def from NP3 is going to help so so much mirite?

I really hope she gets a skill revamp in the future, she's so underwhelming atm.

Whew. Luckily it's not. I play Fire Emblem Heroes and FF: Brave Exvius so FGO is something I mess around with on the side. That doesn't mean I don't want some cool servants to build up. I wanted to get Nero during the last banner, but no luck. Figured I'd try for Artoria during her banner, but no luck, either. Tried for Drake on this banner, but no luck. I have no luck getting banner units in this game. The cards really screw with things and it sucks. Oh well, I'm decided to avoid pulling for anything else going forward and just focus on the three characters I have now Zhuge, Emiya, and Artoria Alter. I'll just live with the idea that I'm not getting anything else. I've pretty much given up trying to get anything out of the Friend Summon, so even though we get those free every day, i don't mess with it at all.

All I can do now is farm for stone things and that's what I've been doing. Nothing wrong with that, but I REALLY don't see how folks can have this as their main game. The pull rates are terrible.
FE:H became my main gacha game after FGO started getting a bit stale.

I tend to spend a bit on Gacha games but it doesn't seem worth to do it on FGO with the quartz prices + gacha rates.

Moonlight

Banned
All this rolling talk had me decide to do a solo yolo pull.

And welp, got Vlad. Was keen on Drake, but I'm definitely really happy with this result.

chrono01

Congrats on the pulls in here, so many Drakes. Seriously great stuff! Also, congrats on the Vlad Moonlight, I really want him for my Arts team.

Also, DAILES RE-HAUL! Super excited for that.

T-Rex.

Banned
All this rolling talk had me decide to do a solo yolo pull.

And welp, got Vlad. Was keen on Drake, but I'm definitely really happy with this result.
Ha yeah. I wasn't going to roll anymore, but Unknown's post convinced me to use the tickets at least and bam Drake on the first one.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Traded in prisms for the next set of summon tickets as the month has reset in the shop. Spent one on a yolo pull, got Euryale.

Now just give me new dailies so I try to focus on monuments I need.

Baalzebup

I feel my luck is slowly turning around a bit. Threw all my tickets at the gatcha, got neither of the new riders, but I did get all of the new 3* servants, one of the new 5* CEs and stuff. I've even managed to get a few Saber and Berserker monuments in the last week or so, which have been MIA for me for an entire month.

I'm saving my current pool of quarts for halloween though. I'm basically ok with Marie being my go to Rider, as while she doesn't really shine in damage output, her ability to tank shit is incredible and Tamamo would make an excellent duo partner for my Vlad.

I pulled quite a few lancers monuments yesterday but a fat lot that does when the actual struggle is for these damn dragon fangs Lizzy needs so much.

Funny now that I need Saber monuments I can't get them.

Baalzebup

For those of you with a Tamamo Cat, her interlude that unlocks after Okeanos is a truly wonderful place.

The battle before gave one as well, though I'm not sure if they're all 100% drop rate.
Confirming the glory of Tamamo Cat's interlude
And I happened to get a Tamamo Cat just a while ago. I guess it is time to put her into the support team to gather those bond points.

elty

Everyone got good stuff and all I don't even get a 4* servant for a long time. :/

What would be the new drop rate for the silver and gold mat?

Laiza

Put this month's summon tickets into the banner.

Nothing but CEs and 3* servants I already had maxed.

Thanks, game. Thanks a ton.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to everyone who rolled new SSRs.

According to a write-up for yesterday's panel on Reddit, an official translation for Realta Nua is on the table. I know a lot of fans already read it and don't care, but for me, that's slightly more exciting than updated dailies.

I might be the exception here, but I looked ahead and found that a lot of my favorite FGO servants are freebies from doing events. Archer Nobunaga, Santa Alter, and Assassin Shiki are some examples that I like over the vast majority of gacha exclusives. It also helps that they're generally considered 4.5* servants, with some being straight up broken. But I am looking 2 years ahead, and it's understandable that most people aren't going to have that kind of patience.

I wish I could be more invested in FE:H, which seems unusually generous for a gacha game. I made an honest effort during FGO's content drought, but it doesn't stick with me.

lv 80 Merlin
lv 57 saber Lancelot
lv 60 herc
lv 74 Mash

I started 11 days ago, Merlin is already max ascended but I don't think I should farm xp right now.

I'm usually fine if I can use Merlin, Mash and a support.

Challenge quests will be hell to me in jp. I just don't have enough servants. I'll have to look into solo strategies and hope there's the support I need in my friendslist. Most likely I won't get to np5 Liz.

I assume we're talking about Halloween Come Back. IMO, you can probably do it. tl;dr at bottom.

I've only done all of the Maou Challenge needed to strengthen the Combatler V [Brave]'s NP, and honestly speaking, it's easier than that fucking Mad Dragon stage. It doesn't help that my support guy don't use Silver Drop+ on Shuten Douji. ;___;

If you're going to level Combattler V [Brave], you might as well do it now as she helps a lot.

I've used 3~4 boost items and one reiju at most (which I regret since I mistook it as a Maou level fight ;_;) for the challenges.

At Lv70, and only maryoku houshutsu Lv2 (+22%) as the only buff, her Buster moves can deal 15k+ on enemies (no buff/debuff; no resist/weakness either). That's 30k against Lancers/Berserkers or 7k-ish on resistant.

Her hougu can kill priority threats that ain't resistant/protected. Given that Challenge missions only has 150k HP at most, she pretty much OHKO most of them with enough damage buffs.

It gets easier as you power up her hougu (especially reaching Lv2 means + yuusha densetsu + hougu combo). Yuusha densetsu, while not reliable, is still an extremely strong skill and her OC effects is pretty minor anyways so might as well use it on densetsu.

My lineup looks like this:
Lv 60 Saber Extra
Lv 60 Lancer
Lv 70 Combattler V [Brave]
Lv 50 Cat (Lv2 NP but mostly used as a fail safe/cleanup due to being too frail >___>)
Lv 40 Ponpokorin no Yoshitsune
Lv 40 Caster (mainly used her for the Art Cards and Rule Breaker to increase Overcharge)
Lv 30 Mash
and mostly Lv2~3 skills and no power up quests yet lel

I usually just run Brave + Ponpokorin + Support.

Most of the time, half of my roster was restricted out. One that hurt the most was the "New Servants only". Thanks to that, I found out how well Eli-chan Brave + Rin w/ Electric Pig works. And made me cry more about missing Rin. ;_;

It's kinda annoying that Ghost fucking Lantern has blocked all of my mains from progressing. (Saber, Cat, Ponpoko).

tl;dr = yeah, you can. If anything, just get a Lv70~80 宝具5 Brave as support slot and watch her obliterate enemy. Use the boost items if you're too much restricted or feeling too weak (Buster/Arts > Quick > 無敵 >>>>>> hougu buff).

Failing that, you still have 9 days for 9x reiju refresh which equates to 3x Party Revive which equates to auto-win. Enough to cover 3 out of 4 of her cards.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I might be the exception here, but I looked ahead and found that a lot of my favorite FGO servants are freebies from doing events. Archer Nobunaga, Santa Alter, and Assassin Shiki are some examples that I like over the vast majority of gacha exclusives. It also helps that they're generally considered 4.5* servants, with some being straight up broken. But I am looking 2 years ahead, and it's understandable that most people aren't going to have that kind of patience.

Yeah, some of the freebies seem really, really good. Will probably even grail a couple, depending on what servants I have by the time they become available.

Sciel

Wow the Waver Interlude 3 Battle was quite tough.

The first fight where i had to burn my command seals to actually win.

3 mobs with 150-200k hp + 2 of them that have insta death NPs towards males + 1 with AoE NP.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Confirming the glory of Tamamo Cat's interlude

EDIT: I also got a Claw in the mission prior to this one for a total of four.

So is that a guaranteed drop? I need claws for pretty much everybody.

Yup, guaranteed drop. I got 4 claws too

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well I need a Tama Cat...

Tamamo banner WEN.

(I kind of regret not rolling for Orion now because he and Artemis are the best couple.)

elty

Looking at stuff that was only available from daily:

Serpent Jewel
1602.9 AP -> 123.1 AP

Feather
251.2AP -> 176.1 AP

Talon of Chaos
380.3 AP -> 439.6 AP

Demon Heart
967.9 AP -> 628.3 AP

Reverse Dragon scale
1256.9AP -> 533.9 AP

The new daily is actually worse for claw

Baalzebup

Looking at stuff that was only available from daily:

The new daily is actually worse for claw
LalalaallalalalaalalalalaLAALaaALALALAAL, I can't hear you. No, I did not read anything about claw farming getting even worse. Nope, didn't read/hear a thing........... fuck.

(I kind of regret not rolling for Orion now because he and Artemis are the best couple.)

Yeah, I didn't much care for them previously but the Okeanos story and using them as NPC support really endeared me to to them. Artemis' combat lines are so funny.

Yayate

LalalaallalalalaalalalalaLAALaaALALALAAL, I can't hear you. No, I did not read anything about claw farming getting even worse. Nope, didn't read/hear a thing........... fuck.

Don't worry, it won't get bearable for a long, long while! I don't think Christmas or Halloween stock any in the event stores, either. If we get Gudaguda on time, there's 20 and there's a node there that has a decent drop rate for claws, but...

Talons are awful. They don't get given away as much as scales or hearts, but thankfully they're a gold material so you don't need literal hundreds of them per servant.

Articalys

Yeah, I didn't much care for them previously but the Okeanos story and using them as NPC support really endeared me to to them. Artemis' combat lines are so funny.
YATTA DARLING DAISUKI

---------------------------------

Anyway, just finished up Okeanos myself. That was definitely a lot better than the previous chapter, though I think I might still slightly prefer Orleans.
Final boss also pushed me to the brink, possibly because I didn't use an optimal lineup, but I still managed to beat it without using any command seals, so that's good enough. Not sure how I'm going to deal any in the future though...

Someone was at the Localization Panel at AWA, and helpfully recorded and summarized the entire thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/73jetr/fgo_localization_panel_at_anime_weekend_atlanta/

Q2) Why is Saber translated as "Altria"? A2) "I was just about to say, don't ask me about Saber's name!" The long and short is that Altria is what TYPE-MOON wants, so that's what we get; their wiggle room on names is almost nonexistant. However, he also pointed out that the newest TYPE-MOON Ace release translated "Meltlilith" as "Meltryllis". (As an aside, I like this name; it keeps the floral theming to the Alter Egos' names, which "Meltlilith" didn't really do.) He did make the case for Artoria as the name (since it came from "Artorius" and was used in Extella) but ultimately, his name is not Kiniko Nasu or Takashi Takeuchi. He doesn't know why they want Altria, but TYPE-MOON wanted Altria, so they got Altria.

Straight from the horse's mouth. Blame Nasu for Alria, leave him alone.

Q7) How do you feel about the Alter Servants? A7) He loves them. (He desperately needed rare prisms at one point, so when he rolled Saber Alter, he actually burned regular Saber for rare prisms.) He then pointed out the neat story parts of Emiya Alter and Jeanne Alter. Also, he says they'll have to be careful how they handle Emiya Alter's release; he knows Fate fans will be cool with it but isn't sure how he'll come across outside of that, especially with Tamamo Cat referring to him as "Detroit Emiya" during the CCC event. (It sounds like that line might get changed; he doesn't want to change context and meanings, but he also doesn't want to get shut down.) Also, he pointed out that, as said in a previous Japanese interview, Jeanne Alter (Ruler) was originally meant to be a welfare Servant, but she ended up being popular enough that they released her as her own 5-star Avenger instead. (Also, there was a brief follow-up question/comment about how Dantes is cool.)

I see that our Localization Lead is a man of culture as well. :D

Q9) Who is your current My Room Servant? A9) It's someone spoilery in JP, but in NA, it's Gilgamesh. He just likes being called "mongrel." "Every time I'm called 'zasshu', I'm just like shook in my desk."

This man has way, way too much culture for his own good.

Q12) When are we getting Jack the Ripper? A12) Probably around Christmas like JP did. Also, if we're worried about censoring the Servants or language, they don't intend to censor anything. He pointed out that Jack's design is straight from Apocrypha, if anyone "by witchcraft, or something" is watching that already. There's no intention to censor anything unless someone forces them to.

Nothing will be censored for NA. This is good news after what happened to FGO in China.

Q15) How does working on a mobile game localization compare to a movie or anime localization? A15) First off, compared to those, he only has three people on the FGO localization team, counting himself. There are some outsourced translators, but the in-house team is only three people, counting him; that's for QA, editing, checking text, etc. Still though, while companies don't always take game localizations too seriously, he's very serious about it, and the team intends to do the best they can.

He confirms that their localization team is currently only 3 people. Considering the tiny size of this team, the translation work they have done is actually quite impressive. There is already more text written for FGO than the length of F/SN according to Nasu.

Q13) Is NA going slower than JP? A13) The intent is for them to go around the same speed, so no, not really. Speeding it up very much would cause some fatigue with too much going on too quickly, with no time to farm or to save quartz/money for banners.

People who want FGO NA to go faster so it can catch up with JP which is 2 years ahead can SUCK IT

Q21) Who is the best waifu and why is it Nero? Q21) "Because UMU bro, UMU! That's my answer. Three letters: Y-M- did I say Y? U-M-U!"

I can't really handle our Localization Lead being this much a man of culture. This level of culture should be illegal.

Q34) (a Sakura cosplayer) Since Realta Nua got an iOS release, is there a chance that we get an English translation of Realta Nua? A34) It's on the table, they're having the conversation. No guarantees, but if everyone really wants it... ("Is anyone filming this reaction?" I raised my hand. "Everybody wants Realta Nua on iOS?" -room cheers-) Sadly, he has no control over the Tsukihime remake.

There we go. This is it. After 13 years, an official English translation of the original F/SN is on the table.

Articalys

Some of the questions in that are really dumb. Anyway, a couple other bits of interest:
Q5) When will we be getting the strengthening quests? A5) They'll be their own event schedule, like JP, but they don't know that schedule yet.
Q32) Why did they advance the animation reworks on the release 5-stars but not the 4-stars? (note: not totally accurate, as Emiya also has his updated animations) A32) As someone who is not a programmer, his understanding is that they branched the game shortly before Epic of Remnant, so all the animation updates before Epic of Remnant are in, and the ones during Epic of Remnant are not. (This lines up pretty well with the player base's understanding of this.)
Also, this:
(a guy cosplaying Stage 2 Waver, with the Support icon)
is hilarious and absolutely true.

Yayate

Nasu stated it was Artorias though, so maybe it is just bad overseeing on Type/Moon's watch.

It's not uncommon for Japanese writers to have no idea what they're doing when it comes to romanizations of names. They often flip-flop between what spelling is official, even during a single season of an airing anime.

EDIT: Oh cool I just noticed I became a member.

Laiza

I still want to know when we're going to get those animation updates.

D'Eon is crying out for some love.

Also wondering who's next on the docket for those animation updates... I'm sure at least a few of the Apocrypha characters are gonna get their turn.

Also wondering who's next on the docket for those animation updates... I'm sure at least a few of the Apocrypha characters are gonna get their turn.

A bunch of the launch 4*s still badly need animation updates. Marie, Martha, and Carmilla all standing there and shooting beams is pretty lacking.

And an Apocrypha animation update would involve... Siegfried, Atalante, Shakespeare, and Spartacus. Probably not a priority for anyone.

Yayate

A bunch of the launch 4*s still badly need animation updates. Marie, Martha, and Carmilla all standing there and shooting beams is pretty lacking.

And an Apocrypha animation update would involve... Siegfried, Atalante, Shakespeare, and Spartacus. Probably not a priority for anyone.

Mordred and Astolfo are also in a need of an upgrade, even if they aren't stock... they're pretty bad compared to later animations.

Siegfried's animation update will just be releasing Sieg.

Grazzt

The lesbian pirate's NP is truly remarkable.
With only level 70 and self buff, she dealt 240k damage to
Heracles
in Okeanos. I wish I could roll another one to enhance her NP to lv.2.

Edit: for the incoming new dailies, if I want to farm materials such as feathers and dragon scales, should I do 30 ap or 40 ap?

Yayate

Heracles

Edit: for the incoming new dailies, if I want to farm materials such as feathers and dragon scales, should I do 30 ap or 40 ap?

40 AP, but for scales and hearts the drop rates are ridiculously terrible

Quonny

Heracles

As I said, oppai loli couple are super good and people are sleeping on them.

Articalys

This week's master missions:
- Clear a Daily Quest 5 times
- Kill 10 servants
- Kill 3 Good-aligned servants
- Kill 3 Evil-aligned servants
- Kill 15 Humanoid enemies
- Kill 15 Male enemies

Sciel

Considering how this game prints money in JP, I'm very surprised they haven't bothered to give all launch 4* and 5* servants animation updates yet.

I can understand 1-3* since it doesn't make them money (lol)

Laiza

I mean, the fact that Apocrypha is still airing and that Atalante got two set pieces with her NP that put the in-game animation to utter shame indicates to me that, at the very least, someone on the Apocrypha crew has gotta get their update soon...

That aside, how in the world are people getting enough monuments to ascend 4* and 5* 'zerkers? I can't even max ascend Kiyohime and she only needs 12 monuments total. What's the secret to berserker success?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom