• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSchmitz

The moment the Daemon Guerrilla Quest drops, i will be using all of my apples to get at those hearts. I need just two more for Herakles and Gilgamesh

Will you reset? I don't think it's worth it to be honest. Better wait until Guda Guda.
Unless you already have everything you want from the shop, but I feel bad wasting any ap.

Quonny

Only things left in the shop are one wing, a couple bones, and the pieces and monuments. I don’t care about the pieces or monuments, so I too will be resetting.

Grazzt

I've finally gotten to the point where I need to farm candles and it feels a bit daunting. I'm done with pumpkins and bats, but 900 candles seems like so much...

If you want candles, just do 20ap quest. It drops a ton.
But I've purchased all dragon scales by doing 30 and 40 ap alone.

Will you reset? I don't think it's worth it to be honest. Better wait until Guda Guda.
Unless you already have everything you want from the shop, but I feel bad wasting any ap.

I only reset when I know I can CLEARLY get better. Like in the cases where I only get two silver chests at most, or if nothing rare shows up. If a red chest appears, then I keep it, whatever it is.

If you want candles, just do 20ap quest. It drops a ton.
But I've purchased all dragon scales by doing 30 and 40 ap alone.

I'll give that another shot. I had been doing the 40AP quest because it can drop up to 4 separate candle drops, and occasionally drop pumpkins/bats I could convert into cupcakes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For everyone PMing me, there's a limit how much PM i can send in succession. If you don't get one, sorry, i'm working on it.

elty

According to reddit drop sheet 20AP drops crystal at a 25% rate, which means 80AP each seems pretty good if you have enough pumpkin/bats.

What is the reset some of you are talking about and how does it work?

Drops are calculated at battle start, so if you don't get what you want, Withdraw from the battle and try it again. Only worth it on limited quests like Interludes and the current set of one-time clear quests, and only if there's a valuable drop. (like the Halloween CE)

elty

What is the reset some of you are talking about and how does it work?

1. start quest that is limited (i.e. not free quest)
2. kill boss, but leave the minion behind
3. Check drop
4. if boss does not drop what you want, withdraw from battle

This works when

a. the quest is limited
b. the quest has a valuable drop
c. the drop is not obtainable from free quest or has a very low drop rate/high AP cost

elty

Atalanta kill count #27

Number of CE dropped #0

Number of Troll Golden Chests turning Archer Monument #4

I will keep going! ;)

It took me 12 golden apple worth of AP (probably nearly 200 attempts altogether) on the Vlad III stage to get the CE. Hang on and you will eventually get it!

x-Lundz-x

Drops are calculated at battle start, so if you don't get what you want, Withdraw from the battle and try it again. Only worth it on limited quests like Interludes and the current set of one-time clear quests, and only if there's a valuable drop. (like the Halloween CE)

1. start quest that is limited (i.e. not free quest)
2. kill boss, but leave the minion behind
3. Check drop
4. if boss does not drop what you want, withdraw from battle

This works when

a. the quest is limited
b. the quest has a valuable drop
c. the drop is not obtainable from free quest or has a very low drop rate/high AP cost

Got it thanks!

Fishious

Got lucky and Halloween Princess dropped from Third Stage in the course of normal farming. Haven't spent any apples yet, so I should be able to get everything I need from this event while saving those for later.

For everyone PMing me, there's a limit how much PM i can send in succession. If you don't get one, sorry, i'm working on it.

Thanks for the update.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you have not received a PM, I ahven't forgotten you. I simply haven't gotten around to you. I will do so later tonight and more later tomorrow. I apologize for the delay.

No CE still, But not sure if going to use apples on resetting. Might save it for cases where I can't max a welfare servant in time instead of hoping for a CE drop.
Nearly done with all mats cept for scales and bones. Just going to slowly farm and hope for it to drop.

Quonny

I’m done. Maybe done with the game for a week or so. I’ve never had such shitbox luck.

24 apples plus a few runs for 156+ runs of this stupid quest and zero CE drops. If this is how the game is going to be with event drops going forward, I’m out. What a colossal waste of time and resources. Never been so discouraged.

Grazzt

No CE still, But not sure if going to use apples on resetting. Might save it for cases where I can't max a welfare servant in time instead of hoping for a CE drop.
Nearly done with all mats cept for scales and bones. Just going to slowly farm and hope for it to drop.
The CE is pretty good so it's worth it. Just save one Lunatic Party quest just in case you still haven't got it by the time you've cleared the store.
Best of luck

chrono01

As mentioned, the CE is definitely worth it. Try for the CE drop if you can, as it's pretty much one of the best event CE (if not the best) in the game. Useful for pretty much anyone, and not only just it start your NP gauge at a decent amount but also increases its damage.

I hope everyone going for it gets it soon.

Shinypogs

After going through fate zero I now need Iskandar with all my heart, more then I wanted tamamo. Sure I adore her and there's other units I like but I must have my King to serve. Gonna be a long wait.

Damn. Is Iskandar coming soon? I just whaled for Tamamo (and failed to get her) so I don't think I can put any more money in the game for a good while...

But damn it, I want him!

If you haven't received a link from me, plz pm me again. i sorta lost track....

Message sent.

Slashlen

Damn. Is Iskandar coming soon? I just whaled for Tamamo (and failed to get her) so I don't think I can put any more money in the game for a good while...

I think you got a good while, I don't think he's available until April or so. It's close to Jalter though.

Edit: Just saw the new JP welfare(I think it's the welfare). JP's been killing it lately. I want it.

The new JP characters look amazing. Great stuff.

I want to see Carmilla's new animations. The new sprite is pretty good.

KERQKTU.jpg

Old Vs. New

Lol his Artoria and my Tamamo/Drake have been making a joke of the 40AP all night.

I'm almost done with the shop. 200 more candles and the whole thing is cleaned out.

elty

Still need:
40 pumpkin (crystal lore)
40 pumpkin (gold zerker)

100 bats (CE)
200 bats (gold saber)

600 candle (Trick or Treat CE)
420 candle (Dragon scale)
600 candle (gold lancer)

500 cupcake (Liz)
1200 cupcakes (baby)
2000 cupcakes (other mats)
1600 cupcake (gold casters)

Stock
37 Pumpkin (need 43 more)
388 Bat (have 88 extra)
213 Candle (need 1407 more)
182 Cake (need 5300 more)

Still a long way to go... focusing on candle now. Maybe will not buy the monument afterall.

Pejo

I gave up on CE farming for the past few days, clearing out parties and guerrilla quests for now, but I saved all the Lunatic party quests just in case.

Man I got Tamamo in 2 pulls, but can't get that CE to save my life.

Anyways, I cleared out all bat items in the store from all the 30AP stages I ran, so all bats are converted to cupcakes now, which is nice. Still need to get Zerker Monuments (not sure if I'll go for pieces, just got the Lore this morning, so Pumpkins are almost done too. Then I just need a billion cupcakes.

This event wouldn't be bad if the CE rate wasn't ridiculously low.

I think you got a good while, I don't think he's available until April or so. It's close to Jalter though.

Edit: Just saw the new JP welfare(I think it's the welfare). JP's been killing it lately. I want it.

That's good. Time to start saving up quartz. I will have my king, I will!

Slashlen

I think I burned through all my luck getting that CE. Pumpkin drops have been non-existent since then. Or the game realizes I'm getting closer to clearing the shop and is just screwing with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom