• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basoes

still need them 3 zerker pieces for jeannes 2nd ascension, currently out of ap >.>

good news is that having her at 60 means she isn't going to die any time soon

Shizuka

This is me playing this game:

QB8L8Ox5Qs9rwqQIcW8MM-4nIgxoTlh_7Y4Uhs3FRhev8wxofcMLubqeMhsY03hNxJNa4NNdyNr9kJlA32PQPtOOc6INx1ZwVoC_sLc=w458-h321-nc

The End

Who should I spend my saber materials on ascending first, Chevalier d'Eon or Saber Lily?

Eon has great survivability but her NP is meh, whereas Lily is much more well rounded

Basoes

Who should I spend my saber materials on ascending first, Chevalier d'Eon or Saber Lily?

Eon has great survivability but her NS is meh, whereas Lily is much more well rounded

d'eon, he/she becomes a pretty good tank later and lily is only good to look at nothing else

Lily is literally just a trophy servant she's worse than most 1-2 stars

garath

You guys using the 4* xp fodder from daily on your strongest units regardless of class? I want to level waver more but no caster fodder anymore

Deosier

That would explain it.
Do you know what was the event that added him? I'd like to calculate when it should happen in the NA server.

I wanna say it was when america chapter released, but I'm not entirely sure since he was stealth added as a surprise to the FP gacha.

Checked the jp thread and i rolled him when Fate/Zero Iskandar was added to the gacha.

chrono01

You guys using the 4* xp fodder from daily on your strongest units regardless of class? I want to level waver more but no caster fodder anymore
I am, just until I hit the level cap for Waver and then I'll switch and use them on similar-attribute characters.

SeanTSC

Not sure if this has been answered yet - how many chapters are released in our US version atm? I want to get through it and I think I'm towards the end of Orleans, but I've been burning a lot of energy on Dailies.

Not sure if this has been answered yet - how many chapters are released in our US version atm? I want to get through it and I think I'm towards the end of Orleans, but I've been burning a lot of energy on Dailies.

Fuyuki, Orleans, Rome. We're going to get a few events before the chapter afterwards iirc. The release schedule is intentionally structured similarly to the original JP rollout.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
One thing I hope for is that the game moves through the content pretty quickly. Unfortunately much of the game's events are also tied to story so it can't necessarily skip events either....

BaconHat

One thing I hope for is that the game moves through the content pretty quickly. Unfortunately much of the game's events are also tied to story so it can't necessarily skip events either....

I truly hope that somebody going to anime expo is gonna ask during on of their panels the rate at which we'll be getting the content.

What the hell is a "Reality Marble"?

Long story short : The character overwrite reality with their own perception of it to do stuff, like building a field of blades or bringing your own army from thin air.

I was gonna link you the Nasu wiki page on it, but i think that would be more confusing than anything, considering the amount of lore needed to understand its description.

I recall that one of the goals of the localization is to faithfully reproduce the same experience as the original, so (STORY SPOILER ALERT)
the final Singularity with Solomon will most likely take place during the end of December 2018. It wouldn't be necessary to change humanity's final year from the original 2016 to 2018 otherwise.

If anyone actually still has space for Friends, I'm 229,819,439. I'm showing a Level 15 Altera, Master name is Illyasviel.

What the hell is a "Reality Marble"?

The Unlimited Blade Works and the Ionioi Hetairoi (Iskander's Noble Phantasm in Fate/Zero with the giant army in the desert) are examples of Reality Marbles. They exist where a magecraft is able to displace the contents of the real world with a magically summoned space.

kayos90

The Nasuverse world and lore is actually very interesting. The problem is that the concepts are good but the execution or narrative delivery is very hit or miss.

Quonny

After a day or two of kinda just winging it I have to say I can really see where the depth in gameplay comes from. It's really satisfying to plan "okay, if I Arts x 3 this turn and then next turn pop this skill and use my NP, which will kill this target which will then cause this character to chain kill this enemy etc etc".

I think the fact that support characters are so important helps as well. You aren't just going ATTACKATTACKATTACK RAAAAAH.

sfried

Long story short : The character overwrite reality with their own perception of it to do stuff, like building a field of blades or bringing your own army from thin air.

I was gonna link you the Nasu wiki page on it, but i think that would be more confusing than anything, considering the amount of lore needed to understand its description.
A lot of the lore in this game is fucking confusing! Don't tell me I'm going to have to read through tons of suplementary material just to make sense of this? Even the basic plotline is sort of...confusing.

kayos90

A lot of the lore in this game is fucking confusing! Don't tell me I'm going to have to read through tons of suplementary material just to make sense of this? Even the basic plotline is sort of...confusing.

This is a game made for fans of Nasuverse and immensely so. There are certain concepts that the game implicitly expects you to know. This means the various forms of magecraft, the goals of Mages and the Mages Association, the Root, Servants, Masters, Command Seals, etc. It is definitely a lot to take in but I think if you watch something like Fate/Zero it'd make a lot more sense.

BaconHat

This is a game made for fans of Nasuverse and immensely so. There are certain concepts that the game implicitly expects you to know. This means the various forms of magecraft, the goals of Mages and the Mages Association, the Root, Servants, Masters, Command Seals, etc. It is definitely a lot to take in but I think if you watch something like Fate/Zero it'd make a lot more sense.

Yeah, watching the main animes should answer most of your questions in a clear way. Something like Zero and UBW should answer most questions. There is also the fact that both animes are pretty great, which help.

(I personally like UBW more than Zero due to Shirou, but Zero is easier to get into and is liked more in the US.)

You can watch the multiple anime series. They are all enjoyable and explain all the lore you need. Well the Deen one is kinda bad but it provides the baseline lore as it covers the first of 3 routes in the original VN. Fate/zero is a prequel and implies you've read or seen F/SN first. F/SN: UBW covers the second route of the VN. So the order you should watch them in is as follows:

Fate/Stay night (2006, Studio Deen)
Fate/zero (2011-12, ufotable)
Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014-15, ufotable)

This is a pretty good order to see them. You could otherwise simply read the visual novel and/or Fate/Zero light novel if you're more into reading.

You can watch the multiple anime series. They are all enjoyable and explain all the lore you need. Well the Deen one is kinda bad but it provides the baseline lore as it covers the first of 3 routes in the original VN. Fate/zero is a prequel and implies you've read or seen F/SN first. F/SN: UBW covers the second route of the VN. So the order you should watch them in is as follows:

Articalys

How so friend?
All the reroll talk has me questioning if I really want to go ahead with a 5* that will eventually fall off in effectiveness and only three other 4*, one of whom apparently isn't that great:
Jeanne
Saber Lily (free)
Herc
EMIYA (planned from giveaway, unless somebody else would make more sense)
Caesar
Gilles
Robin Hood
Cu
Cu Proto
Alexander
Ushiwakamaru
Cu Caster
Jing Ke
Kiyohime
Lu Bu
Hans
I've also got no idea what's the "right" way to level craft essences, or how to tell which ones are good.

Hubb

So is it worth it to farm the bond level of low level servants, or should I just immediately fuse similar 1* and 2* servants? Not entirely sure what bond level 10 does/gives, if it gives anything at all.

Quonny

So is it worth it to farm the bond level of low level servants, or should I just immediately fuse similar 1* and 2* servants? Not entirely sure what bond level 10 does/gives, if it gives anything at all.

Gives a special Craft Essence that you can equip to that Servant.

kayos90

All the reroll talk has me questioning if I really want to go ahead with a 5* that will eventually fall off in effectiveness and only three other 4*, one of whom apparently isn't that great:

I've also got no idea what's the "right" way to level craft essences, or how to tell which ones are good.

Not sure if you read my post a while back about why the meta is currently in the state that it is but taht might be a worthwhile read. That being said, I personally like Jeanne and if I had her I would still user her regardless of the meta or how she is rated. She has her uses and she still is the only ruler in the game and will be for a long while. She will carry you through some content. I think what you have is really good and i would personally stick with it. Everyone has their own reasons for why they are rerolling. I listed out mine a while back very clearly. I'm going for a Buster only acct. This means I'll only be rolling for buster champions that I will be using regularly sans possibly rolling for Okita or Scathach cuz I love their character design.

Been playing this since launch and I gotta say, this is a pretty fun game, with quite some deep mechanics too. I don't normally play mobile stuff, but this is fun. The waiting for AP to replenish aside, this is a game that I have been playing consistently throughout the day all the way until bed time. I think the fact that it has a story to go with the battles adds a lot to it. Helps that I like Fate, so aí recognize a lot of the characters.

Articalys

Not sure if you read my post a while back about why the meta is currently in the state that it is but taht might be a worthwhile read. That being said, I personally like Jeanne and if I had her I would still user her regardless of the meta or how she is rated. She has her uses and she still is the only ruler in the game and will be for a long while. She will carry you through some content. I think what you have is really good and i would personally stick with it. Everyone has their own reasons for why they are rerolling. I listed out mine a while back very clearly. I'm going for a Buster only acct. This means I'll only be rolling for buster champions that I will be using regularly sans possibly rolling for Okita or Scathach cuz I love their character design.
If I understand correctly, the story and event enemy encounter design eventually shifts towards favoring straight-up damage dealers against single bosses? That sounds kind of boring.
If the story-required fights basically require a certain loadout, I might as well start over and try to aim for that path as well...

Hubb

For those that need the gem weekly, I got it from doing the first part of the 20AP green daily quests.

Does it actually go up after bond level 5? I have nothing to do since I finished the Roma arc.

It does, but even a 1* needs something stupid like 200k to go from 5-6.

kayos90

If I understand correctly, the story and event enemy encounter design eventually shifts towards favoring straight-up damage dealers against single bosses? That sounds kind of boring.
If the story-required fights basically require a certain loadout, I might as well start over and try to aim for that path as well...

It's not that the encounter design leans that way. In fact there are some fights where it's more difficult when you have a single target damage dealer. For one example there is a 3 soldier fight in Camelot and each have a ton of HP and they do a shit ton of damage with buffs and crits. If you went in with a straight buster team you're going to get wrecked most likely. It's still worthwhile to have servants of all variety. And I really want to emphasize that you use certain characters because you like them. Not because they're good or OP or what not. This is a very different gacha game.

sfried

Are you telling me it's a requirement to watch this anime? That's rather bad exposition on their behalf. (I had the same problem with Gundam...and most anime that has tons of required supplementary reading/prior knowledge to get into.)

Ala Alba

No, the current "meta" in JP is a single strong attacker with a couple of supporters (ideally they provide stars, healing, and buffs).

There are many different strong attackers, but the "meta" heavily favors very few support servants (Waver being pretty much second best).

Are you telling me it's a requirement to watch this anime? That's rather bad exposition on their behalf. (I had the same problem with Gundam...and most anime that has tons of required supplementary reading/prior knowledge to get into.)

FayGO exists as an extension of an already existing franchise, one that has multiple entries spanning more than a decade. Nothing is "required" in terms of prior experience with the franchise but this game is specifically made to be played by fans of the franchise and the underlying lore is incredibly dense so even a token attempt at exposition would probably be more confusing than useful. To their credit, they do not attempt to do this at all because they realize how futile it would be.

If you were from another planet and landed on Earth and knew nothing about Star Wars, you wouldn't jump into playing Star Wars: Battlefront and expect the game to spoon-feed you everything you are supposed to know about the Force and who Darth Vader is and stuff like that either. The same applies with Fate, which is altogether a more obscure franchise but equally dense in lore and mythology.

kayos90

Holy shit. Aniplex and DW need to fix the resolution on some of these images and shit. Like... the word Command Spell in battle is dogshit in resolution.

Kenai

LOL. Used my only Summon Ticket since for some reason I thought they were 3-4* only and pulled Waver!

Now I officially am never gonna see Iskandar since he's what I am actually wanting/hoping for, but I will be a popular friend summon at least (once he is past level 1 anyway, blew almost everything getting Jeanne to 30...)

jonjonaug

LOL. Used my only Summon Ticket since for some reason I thought they were 3-4* only and pulled Waver!

Now I officially am never gonna see Iskandar since he's what I am actually wanting/hoping for, but I will be a popular friend summon at least (once he is past level 1 anyway, blew almost everything getting Jeanne to 30...)

Damn that's some good luck. Congrats. Usually you want to save them for rate-up drawings during events.

Early game Waver is merely "OK", it's once he passes level 50 that he goes from "pretty good" to "here's a skill that's basically Mashu's NP".

Quonny

Damn that's some good luck. Congrats. Usually you want to save them for rate-up drawings during events.

Early game Waver is merely "OK", it's once he passes level 50 that he goes from "pretty good" to "here's a skill that's basically Mashu's NP".

And I love all my friends that have him. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom