• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanzura

It sure is nice of them to give us 2 free quartz every week from doing the weekly master quests. That wasn't in JP at launch lol

Yes, I like using Gil because I like seeing his NP. At this stage of the game, it hardly matters who I use for their NP. For awhile there I was using dual-Alteras so I could see Photon Ray twice a fight. I don't really use Gil except on days when I fight the Saber enemies and I pretty much only use him to see his NP.

Alright, I'll give him a maxed Dragon's Meridian for 50% starting NP, gonna keep the Kaleid on Lancelot because he's consistently my most used.

Hehe. I'm glad that the "Master Recruitment Campaign" has been extended. I guess I didn't need to reroll for Saint Martha after all...though, I'm glad I did, because I wouldn't have gotten Lancelot.

I'll probably get Elisabeth with my ticket, since I don't have a Lancer yet.

kewlmyc

Got my hands on some excess money, so bought $80 worth of quarts and ended up getting Gilgamesh on my last draw. I should be good on Archers forever now since he's in the top 3 of Archers in the game (next to Swim Arturia and Ishtar iirc).

chrono01

Got my hands on some excess money, so bought $80 worth of quarts and ended up getting Gilgamesh on my last draw. I should be good on Archers forever now since he's in the top 3 of Archers in the game (next to Swim Arturia and Ishtar iirc).
Congrats man, glad to see that was money well-spent!

Noll

Neo Member
Hey guys, this will be my first post on NeoGaf after lurking it for a decade.

I'm playing Fate/Grand Order as well and I'm looking for friends!

I have on support a level 90 Jeanne D'Arc, Gilgamesh, Zhuge Liang and Heracles.

My Friend Code is 807,363,236

Thank you!

Did a yolo summon ticket roll.

GOLD ARCHER

Nyatalanta.

Fuck this, I'm going to bed.

latest

alpha69

Did a yolo summon ticket roll.

GOLD ARCHER

Nyatalanta.

Fuck this, I'm going to bed.

lol I feel you man. Same thing happened to me earlier. Worse, I watched some video of someone summoning Gil and I saw how it happened. A silver archer card, getting some lightning and turning gold. Same thing happened to me and I was thinking "FINALLY!", then it was Nyatalanta in the end. DAMN

I guess that silver turning gold isn't actually specific. :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Thank you!

Welcome! I'll add you. Why didn't you sign us for GAF sooner?

Thank you!

Sent you a request, name is Boclfon479

Grazzt

Thank you!
Sent, name is Grazzt

kewlmyc

Thank you!

Nice to have you.

Sent request. I'm Myc with a Level 70 Zhuge, Lv 60 Altera, and a Lv 60 Gilgamesh.

Quonny

Bunch of stuff after maintenance tonight. Free Quartz, CEs, fruits, etc.

But no event.

27th at the earliest it seems.

Probably just going to log in to claim my rewards and that's it. Zzzzz.

jonjonaug

Thank you!
Added, name is Serafina

Sciel

Campaign Period:
2017-07-20 7:00 - 07-27 3:59 UTC

Present Detail:
- 12,000,000 QP
- 4 Golden Fruits
- 1 Summon Ticket
- 12 Saint Quartz

How to Claim:
The present will be sent to your Present Box upon initial login between 2017-07-20 7:00 - 07-27 3:59 UTC.
* You will not receive the present if you do not log in during the specified period.
* Presents can only be claimed once on an account.

Pretty generous. But i would still prefer an event now :| .

Mupod

Free stuff is nice, CEs don't seem terribly useful for me but oh well they have Tamamo on em. But yeah, you'd think Nero Fest for an Extella launch event would've still been appropriate.

I haven't had much time lately to play at all so I won't be hitting my 100AP goal, but the current dailies are the easiest ones for me to farm (caster/archer) as George can tank that for days. I'm actually looking forward to half AP ending in a weird way because I have SO many interludes and free quests to do.

Still staying FP-only for summons. Got my first Medea this morning, I now have every FP-summonable servant except Mephistopheles and that guy can stay out of my inventory for all I care. I believe he's a rate up on the Halloween banner so I will probably end up with 800 of him anyways.

While I'm excited to see how my team stacks up in Nerofest, no event for a week doesn't really bother me since I'm tired of grinding. Will just clear my dailies and start working on those Rec Lvl 70 interludes, which should be fun.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
The Extella CE could be useful for anyone wanting a crit team.

Thank you!
Added. My in-game name is Kizuna.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
They're handing out 15 gems total with the Fate/Extella + maintenance / bug fixes apology. On top of the apples, CEs, and QP. I really can't complain about that tbh.

I sure better be playing NeroFest once it ends though.
uZTue0u.png

Noll

Neo Member
Welcome! I'll add you. Why didn't you sign us for GAF sooner?

Thank you and thank you everyone else! Happy to have new Fate/Friends!

I decided to register a NeoGaf account about 1 year ago but it took a long time to get approved. Really happy I'm able to post now! I was following this topic from thd beginning.

I was very lucky with my FGO account. I really wanted Altera but I couldn't find her. I found Jeanne, Waver and even Gilgamesh (this one was unexpected. I just used two free tickets for the hell of it and got Medea and then Gilgamesh, wow).

Now I'm just accumulating Saint Quartz for future events! I want Jeanne Alter!

And again, thanks everyone for adding me!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Well... so long Gil... I scrounged up 30 more SQ between quests and daily logins.. and got nothing... boo. I do have a mighty impressive collection of CEs.. I am definitely NOT dropping another $80 into trying (already $240 in).. so I've just come to terms that I ain't getting Gil.. oh well.. bring on Nero :p

My next big goal is farming golden statues for Jeanne's next ascension. at the one where I need archer/saber/lancer statues. I'm 60 (I think) so my days of farming the 1/2 off quests for AP seems to be over. I was at 135 AP, leveled and got to 143 AP, but my next level left me at 129 AP and virtually nowhere in the level. So I'm pretty sure I'll be at a loss every level now for AP, right?

Is 1/2 off AP over tomorrow?

for those who like to point out math.. I went through 510 SQ and probably ~9-10 summon tickets. Truly the math only indicates that I am in the ~30% that doesn't get him.

Noll

Neo Member
Well... so long Gil... I scrounged up 30 more SQ between quests and daily logins.. and got nothing... boo. I do have a mighty impressive collection of CEs.. I am definitely NOT dropping another $80 into trying (already $240 in).. so I've just come to terms that I ain't getting Gil.. oh well.. bring on Nero :p

My next big goal is farming golden statues for Jeanne's next ascension. at the one where I need archer/saber/lancer statues. I'm 60 (I think) so my days of farming the 1/2 off quests for AP seems to be over. I was at 135 AP, leveled and got to 143 AP, but my next level left me at 129 AP and virtually nowhere in the level. So I'm pretty sure I'll be at a loss every level now for AP, right?

Yeah it's over tomorrow.

1/2 AP were a blessing in farming Jeanne's ascension statues/monuments.

Mupod

On the one hand 40AP for one mission is too much but on the other hand I feel like I barely got any use out of the half AP. I just didn't have time or patience to mindlessly grind nonstop. I didn't emphasize mana prism farming but rather getting as many gold exp cards as I could - I want everyone ready for ascension so I can do their interludes.

I like the more challenging content a lot more than brainless farming so I might have more fun with the game once I'm tackling these interludes. I don't know if my team will be up to it but I'll go as far as I can with Vlad, Emiya, Tamacat and my array of 1-3 star people.

Ala Alba

Isn't there a Extella event in the JP version? This would be the perfect time for it.

Guess they really want to go in JP release order to keep the game balanced.

No, this is the JP Extella "event".

I imagine they'll do the Apocrypha promo "event" in November with the NA Netflix release.

Zanzura

Thank you and thank you everyone else! Happy to have new Fate/Friends!

I decided to register a NeoGaf account about 1 year ago but it took a long time to get approved. Really happy I'm able to post now! I was following this topic from thd beginning.

I was very lucky with my FGO account. I really wanted Altera but I couldn't find her. I found Jeanne, Waver and even Gilgamesh (this one was unexpected. I just used two free tickets for the hell of it and got Medea and then Gilgamesh, wow).

Now I'm just accumulating Saint Quartz for future events! I want Jeanne Alter!

And again, thanks everyone for adding me!

A couple people became inactive so I threw an invite your way, IGN is the same as here.

EDIT: Er nevemind, someone in the discord replied right as I posted this, lol. I'll see if there's a non-gaffer on my list I can remove...

EDIT2: Done.

Kenai

for those who like to point out math.. I went through 510 SQ and probably ~9-10 summon tickets. Truly the math only indicates that I am in the ~30% that doesn't get him.

Just curious, I know you didn't get Gil but you get any more 5* servants?

The End

Just using tickets (no quartz) I got a bunch of random 3* guys (Robin hood twice) a few 3*/4* CE's, two 5* Fate/Zero CEs... and Gil last night.

WHOOOOO

Now I need to race and level him before 1/2 AP ends tonight

The End

Not sure if anyone has posted info about the extella event yet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6o7sam/fate_extella_event_na/

Next week (beginning tomorrow) to celebrate the Extella Switch release, if you play within the week we can get:
Fate Extella CE
Memories of Lunar Mare Mystic Code if you complete an easy quest in Chaldea Gate.
And one Portrait CE of your choice, that gives 50 bonus Master XP.
Also for logging in during the week 12 Million QP, 4 Golden Apples, 1 Summon Ticket and 12 Quartz!
Happy freebies!
No mention of a gatcha yet, likely as Drake, Karna and other servants aren't implemented yet.
Edit: Official website updated with the info too!

Pejo

Gold Member
lol I feel you man. Same thing happened to me earlier. Worse, I watched some video of someone summoning Gil and I saw how it happened. A silver archer card, getting some lightning and turning gold. Same thing happened to me and I was thinking "FINALLY!", then it was Nyatalanta in the end. DAMN

I guess that silver turning gold isn't actually specific. :(

This is how I got my Gil, silver and cracked up and went gold. I wasn't even aware that it could happen. What a feeling.

*Edit* - just saw that new Mystic Code. Vlad definitely likes that one. Arts card 50% bonus at max level.

BaconHat

Thank you!

Added, name is Shirou ingame.

Strimei

There's a child version and a caster version but that's all I know of. I guess child isn't the same as proto?

Yeah as others have said, that's not the same.

This is Proto-Gil:

latest

His swords can be used as tonfas, and they're also able to turn into a bow for its final attack, which shoots an arrow that essentially becomes a tracer-target for an actual Kill Satellite! Ea's cool and all but honestly I'd take giant ancient laser satellite over weird stone sword drill.

I also like his design a bit more than regular Gil (tracksuit aside, because I LOVE the tracksuit look) as the armor looks a bit more fitting for someone from his time period (they didn't have plate armor like Gil has back in his time. But then again, this is Gil we're talking about so who cares really, its cool)

RSchmitz

Got Gil.
I decided to pull just like I got my Waver, not even looking and pretending to do some work.
Now I´m a Mongrel.

I don´t really know how to fit him in my Waver, Herc team but he looks cool so whatever.

Khezu

This is how I got my Gil, silver and cracked up and went gold. I wasn't even aware that it could happen. What a feeling.

*Edit* - just saw that new Mystic Code. Vlad definitely likes that one. Arts card 50% bonus at max level.

When I got Gil, he just showed up as Gold, no transforming.
But when I got Atilla it did the crack.

When I got Waver though, it did some weird rainbow lightshow during the light circle summon thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom