• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Gold Member
I almost feel like the 1/2 AP event was a mistake this early into the game's life. Now I'm really burnt out of playing and I have a ton of stamina to burn all the time. I liked it better when I was always running out of stamina and looking forward to playing again.

I almost feel like the 1/2 AP event was a mistake this early into the game's life. Now I'm really burnt out of playing and I have a ton of stamina to burn all the time. I liked it better when I was always running out of stamina and looking forward to playing again.
Yeah, I started to slow down about a week through the event and basically gave up 2 days ago. Didn't help that there's a really tedious farming event going on in the JP version right now too.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

I got a ton of farming done but still sort of agree. Don't wanna see anymore hellfiring hands for awhile.

I've been logging in for the bonuses but after finishing the story and grinding last week I've just been burned out.

I hear people say you'll be swimming in materials during events so I'll probably wait for those.

Strimei

I just pop in and do a few dailies or quests. Definitely keep logging in each day at least, besides the daily login reward there is that reward for logging in x number of times. Every quartz and everything helps!

chrono01

Congrats on all of the Gilgamesh pulls, everyone!

I just saw the post for new Fate/Extella event. Happy to see more free items and all, but I was kind of hoping for the first real event. Not going to complain though, as I think I could use a slight break after farming the last week+ on dailies during the 1/2 AP promotion. :/

Not sure who to choose for my free 4* CE, though. I'm mostly going for art/waifu reasons, so it's a toss-up between Nero, Altera, and Tamamo. I want them all, how can I decide? :(

RSchmitz

Congrats on all of the Gilgamesh pulls, everyone!

I just saw the post for new Fate/Extella event. Happy to see more free items and all, but I was kind of hoping for the first real event. Not going to complain though, as I think I could use a slight break after farming the last week+ on dailies during the 1/2 AP promotion. :/

Not sure who to choose for my free 4* CE, though. I'm mostly going for art/waifu reasons, so it's a toss-up between Nero, Altera, and Tamamo. I want them all, how can I decide? :(

Well, out of those the only one you can pick for free is Tamamo.
Altera is 5* and Nero isn´t part of the free pick thing.

Kieli

I did the same thing with a game called Vindictus. Grinded the heck out of one of the stages to get Blackhammer set, and then quite a week later. Never went back to the game because I burned out.

But it's ultimately on us to learn some self-control.

RSchmitz

What's the general accepted strategy for selling cards? Do people sell 1 and 2 stars and feed 3 stars or something like that?

CE´s? I sell 3* that I wont use since they give prisms. 1 and 2 stars I feed them each other and make some XP bombs for whenever I get useful CE´s.
Servants basically the same after NP 5, I feed 1 and 2* to some others just to unlock their interludes. Repeated 3*s after 5NP I sell for prisms.

I did the same thing with a game called Vindictus. Grinded the heck out of one of the stages to get Blackhammer set, and then quite a week later. Never went back to the game because I burned out.

But it's ultimately on us to learn some self-control.

To be honest this game would be toast without power of the waifus taken from popular IP.

I feel like there's nothing worthwhile to do because of materials drop rates but it feels like waste to not take advantage of 1/2 stamina.

chrono01

What's the general accepted strategy for selling cards? Do people sell 1 and 2 stars and feed 3 stars or something like that?
Upgrade the NP of the 1/2/3* characters until they hit Level 5, and then sell.

For Craft Essences, start by fusing four (five total, including the base) of the same type 1* CE together to fully LB it, then fuse another 10 of the same rarity into the LB'd one to increase its level. Do the same for another CE (LB it by fusing four together) but this time include the previously-leveled 1* CE you did in the last step as fodder among the other 1* CE. Keep repeating this process until you have around a Level 25 1* CE. At this point, you carry that over into the fusing of 2* CE (again, doing the process of LB'ing it first and then using other 2* CE as well as the 1* CE from the 1* fusing) into it. Keep doing the process of LB'ing a new 2* CE and fusing the "EXP card" into it to continually increase its level until it reaches Level 55 (Great/Super Success will speed the progress). You can also opt to create several Level 25 (ish) 2* CE instead, and fuse them all together into a LB'd 2* CE to reach Level 55 (it really depends on how much space you have to store them all). At that point, you use that Level 55 2* CE to massively upgrade your higher rarity CE (5*, etc.). At least, I think this is how it all works, there might be a better way. :/

Edit:

The CE-leveling portion of my post might be a bit confusing. Here, use this as reference:

http://imgur.com/a/F32gO

Umbooki

To be honest this game would be toast without power of the waifus taken from popular IP.

I feel like there's nothing worthwhile to do because of materials drop rates but it feels like waste to not take advantage of 1/2 stamina.
Then it's a good thing Type Moon has a dedicated fanbase. I'd say a good portion of the mobile games (gacha especially) are propped up by their licensed properties. If I didn't have a connection with the Nasuverse or the games that came before FGO (Naruto, DBZ, Pokemon, FF, etc), would I bother with any of them? Probably not.

We're rolling for our faves and prepping for the favorites that are still unreleased. I've been through much worse with Dokkan Battle at launch.

We're lucky there isn't a JJBA gacha to finish off our wallets.

CE´s? I sell 3* that I wont use since they give prisms. 1 and 2 stars I feed them each other and make some XP bombs for whenever I get useful CE´s.
Servants basically the same after NP 5, I feed 1 and 2* to some others just to unlock their interludes. Repeated 3*s after 5NP I sell for prisms.

For Craft Essences, start by fusing four (five total, including the base) of the same type 1* CE together to fully LB it, then fuse another 10 of the same rarity into the LB'd one to increase its level. Do the same for another CE (LB it by fusing four together) but this time include the previously-leveled 1* CE you did in the last step as fodder among the other 1* CE. Keep repeating this process until you have around a Level 25 1* CE. At this point, you carry that over into the fusing of 2* CE (again, doing the process of LB'ing it first and then using other 2* CE as well as the 1* CE from the 1* fusing) into it. Keep doing the process of LB'ing a new 2* CE and fusing the "EXP card" into it to continually increase its level until it reaches Level 55 (Great/Super Success will speed the progress). You can also opt to create several Level 25 (ish) 2* CE instead, and fuse them all together into a LB'd 2* CE to reach Level 55 (it really depends on how much space you have to store them all). At that point, you use that Level 55 2* CE to massively upgrade your higher rarity CE (5*, etc.). At least, I think this is how it all works, there might be a better way. :/

Edit:

The CE-leveling portion of my post might be a bit confusing. Here, use this as reference:

Wow thanks. I had no idea about this XP bomb trick. Lol it sounds so funny.

Oh one other question are there any notable 1,2 or 3* CEs or Servants that are actually worth keeping and using instead of just prism or XP fodder?

chrono01

Oh one other question are there any notable 1,2 or 3* CEs or Servants that are actually worth keeping and using instead of just prism or XP fodder?
I'd keep them all 1/2/3* Servants actually, as your inventory is large enough to do so (300) and you'll never know when a specific Servant might be useful for something. Despite being of a lower rarity, a lot of them are actually pretty helpful for a lot of content (especially if you max their NP), even more so if you're lacking in a few specific types.

For 1/2/3* CE, I'd keep the 3* (at least until you gain more 4/5*) but use the 1/2* for creating EXP Bombs.

Neki

I'd keep them all 1/2/3* Servants actually, as your inventory is large enough to do so (300) and you'll never know when a specific Servant might be useful for something. Despite being of a lower rarity, a lot of them are actually pretty helpful for a lot of content (especially if you max their NP), even more so if you're lacking in a few specific types.

For 1/2/3* CE, I'd keep the 3* (at least until you gain more 4/5*) but use the 1/2* for creating EXP Bombs.

my inventory was getting pretty full with all the exp cards lol

chrono01

my inventory was getting pretty full with all the exp cards lol
It helps that you can store 100 of those 3* EXP cards in your Second Archive. Aside from that, you shouldn't need to hoard too many of those if your inventory is tight, better to just sell them for Mana Prisms unless you have characters to level.

chrono01

rip 1/2 ap dailies

glad youre gone you time wasting jerks

edit: oh god theres still one more hour
They're going to announce that, due to them extending the time for the 4* Servant pick, they're also going to extend the 1/2 AP for another two weeks. MORE GRINDING!

(Please no.)

Neki

It helps that you can store 100 of those 3* EXP cards in your Second Archive. Aside from that, you shouldn't need to hoard too many of those if your inventory is tight, better to just sell them for Mana Prisms unless you have characters to level.

yeah mine was full of 100 already lol

Articalys

Once more unto the breach.
1497149772025tco3n.jpg

chrono01

Maintenance.

We're free. FREE! NO MORE 1/2 AP AND NEEDING TO CONSTANTLY PLAY LEST YOU WASTE IT ALL!

Whew. I need this break, kind of happy Nero-Fest isn't beginning right away.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm still overloaded on AP so I will "need to play constantly".

Thank god, I couldn't even farm anymore, I'm full of XP cards and more than enough qp...maybe.

But just to be clear, Extella release celebration next right?

chrono01

My final tally is something like (can't check my rank right now but I'm 90% sure of it):

Rank - 78
Mana Prism - Just under 1,500
QP - Not sure, farmed the dailies for XP cards instead so I could burn them
Inventory - 290/300 and 100/100 in Second Archive

I am indeed tired.

Articalys

So on the topic of CE powerleveling.
Steps for making a 1* Craft Essence experience bomb:

1. Pick a 1* Craft Essence to enhance. This is your first base.
2. For enhancement materials, select 17 1* CEs that are different from your base CE to feed (but don't press that enhance button just yet). Then select 3 duplicates of your first base. These bypass the 17 limit because they limit break your CE. QP cost should now be 1200 (60 per 1* CE fed), estimated Std. EXP is around 20k.
3. Enhance.
4. Now pick a different 1* Craft Essence to be your second base. Anything that's not the one you just leveled up.
5. Enhancement materials: 16 different name CEs, then your first base CE, then 3 dupes. If you're doing it right, under estimated EXP, you'll see that the estimated Acc. EXP is 20k (or more if you got Super/Great Success the first time). QP cost remains 1200.
6. Enhance.

Repeat steps 4-6 until you get a level 50 1* CE. Acc. EXP will continue to grow as you do this, and once you have a 1* CE around level 40, you might have to start feeding 4 dupes each time, since 3 dupes only limit break it to 40. I got carried away with it and forgot to check how limit break inheritance can work, or if we even have that yet.

Edit:

First of all: I think, as Nabae said, there are some mechanics with limit breaking and CE leveling that are Japan-only, so that might affect strategies.

Second: That album feels like it has way too many extraneous pictures to figure out what it's doing.

What's really the method to use?

chrono01

So on the topic of CE powerleveling.

First of all: I think, as Nabae said, there are some mechanics with limit breaking and CE leveling that are Japan-only, so that might affect strategies.
Yeah, I think the difference is that you can't LB and combine another 16 CE into the same feeding, as it doesn't take into account the LB until AFTER it's been applied/LB. At least, I could never get it to work. So you need to do one feeding, LB it fully (just use the base and then four of the same one to LB it completely), and then start the leveling before you fuse that one away to another 1* CE. Rinse/Repeat.

Aside from that, everything else seems to be the same from what I can see.

Basically:

- Get five copies of the same 1* CE
- Fuse four of them into the same base to fully LB it
- Fuse 20 1* CE (any of them, doesn't matter which) into the previously LB'd CE
- Rinse and repeat a few times, until you have a Level 25 or so 1* CE
- Feed this Level 25 1* CE into an LB'd 2* CE
- Do the same process as you did with the 1* until it hits Level 55, and then save it for when you need to level something

That's how I've been doing it. If there's a better way, I'd love to know.

Articalys

And we're back! On time, even!

Music in the EXTELLA Mystic Code quest is sweet.

UPDATE: looks like they finally enabled the monthly countdown timers on the in-shop item stock. Everything now says it expires in 11 days.

Sciel

same, hope I don't lose anything
Did you keep a copy of your Transfer Code? I just transferred to my Ipad and played on there, just prefer to play on PC sometimes.

The New event quest is pretty short, but got 2 Gears from it so its good i guess lol.

T-Rex.

Banned
You can recover your account even if you don't have your bind code. Send them an email and they'll ask for details such as: master level, master name, friend code, party line-up, which servants you have etc, and if it matches the account they'll recover it for you.

goober

Did you keep a copy of your Transfer Code? I just transferred to my Ipad and played on there, just prefer to play on PC sometimes.

The New event quest is pretty short, but got 2 Gears from it so its good i guess lol.
Yeah I still have my transfer code. That doesn't change right? It was from when I first rolled 3 weeks ago.

Moonlight

Banned
My half AP haul:

Level 81
1355 Mana Prisms
38,288,444 QP
290/300 + 100/100 Second Archive of 4* XP cards

Probably could've gotten more out of it, but didn't always play as soon as I capped AP and didn't play as much on days where Archers were in the XP quests. Pretty satisfied with this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom