• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father's day god of war ad

aBarreras

Citripio and Arturito though...

Both Spanish and Latin have done that (not that I disagree with Onda Vital being stupid).

yeah because KameHameHa totally translates to "Onda vital", and fast and forious to "a todo gas"

most of the latin american spanish decisions have been made to make easier for the non english speakers

also citripio and arturito arent as bad as vegeta, being pronounced vegueta instead of vejeta

but it it was a solid decision because nobody would ever pronounce VEJETA

yeah because KameHameHa totally translates to "Onda vital", and fast and forious to "a todo gas"

most of the latin american spanish decisions have been made to make easier for the non english speakers

also citripio and arturito arent as bad as vegeta, being pronounced vegueta instead of vejeta

sddefault.jpg

lol Vejeta.

I hated Halo 2's Mexican translation "El Jefe Maestro" bleurgh.

Ferr986

Oh my, is Onda Vital the Spanish translation for Kame Hame Ha? Oh boy.

yeah it's lame, personally I did watch Dragon Ball in Catalan, it was a much better dub.

Didn't say it translates to that, it's part of localization.

And, atleast IMO, changing R2D2 to Arturito, I don't see how is to make it easier to non english speakers. I talk Spanish and It's not hard to me to say R2D2. At the end it was another localization change, something that happens in spanish, latin... and french, and german....

EDIT: I feel like I opened a bad can of worms now lol

aBarreras

yeah it's lame, personally I did watch Dragon Ball in Catalan, it was a much better dub.

Didn't say it translates to that, it's part of localization.

And, atleast IMO, changing R2D2 to Arturito, I don't see how is to make it easier to non english speakers. I talk Spanish and It's not hard to me to say R2D2. At the end it was another localization change, something that happens in spanish, latin... and french, and german....

EDIT: I feel like I opened a bad can of worms now lol

how do they pronounce R2D2 on spaain?

ERRE DOS DE DOS?

also, reverso tenebroso

Thewonandonly

Guess that strongly suggests they are targetting GoW to release this year, not surprising really as it seems a natural bit of counter-programming to Scorpio launch. The series being traditionally a graphical showcase for PS systems.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ya I hope so. If it does release this year then this will be the greatest year of gaming ever!!!!!!

Básicamente es una frase hecha/expresión aquí en España que indica superioridad de alguien sobre otro. Ese "le puede" en el contexto se puede decir con que puede ganarle en algo, en una pelea normalmente. Pero puede referirse a cualquier cosa dependiendo de lo que se esté hablando.

Gracias!

Top Bottom