• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fav music from games you've never played.

Why the fuck is the soundtrack on this game nobody played on SNES so dope?

Ocean Software had amazingly talented composers (Jonathan Dunn, Dean Evans) who made music since the C64 days, and were well-versed in the tracker music style.

Dean Evans in particular was able to compose his songs via a program called MEdit, which allowed him to directly emulate the SNES' sound chip while he composed MIDI music.

Fun fact: apparently Evans had written tracks for an SNES Green Lantern game that ultimately went unreleased, and so the tracks were reused in Waterworld and The Flintstones.

-Zelda-

Banned
I like that acoustic guitar music from the last of us part 2. That might be the only good thing I will say about that game.

D-ray

The game doesn't look that interesting.
Like, ok it has titty characters and stuff but the gameplay doesn't seem to be that ground breaking.

But THIS song. Oh my... it's just... wow.

IAmRei

hmm, i dont know, mostly my fave music from game i played.
i think its FFX-2

i like FFX, but i dont like FFX2, but the music is very remienesence even if i never played it.
(i played it in my friend ps2, but only after first battle, and then regret played it)

My 4 picks, although I am now very tempted to buy Wild Arms on PSN!

I swear when I'm at the end of working out and sitting in the sauna, Resident Evil Save Room music is the best shit to listen to.

My pick from a game I've not played but listened to a ton of:

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Most of these songs y'all are posting are in great games. Definitely go back and give these a try. Here's a good song from a game I haven't played yet:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Pretty much the entirety of the Cuphead OST. I'm too afraid to play through it myself because it looks really difficult, but I watched a bunch of playthroughs of it and Twitch streams.

It’s not nearly as hard as people make it out to be. If you can beat a Mega Man game, you can beat Cuphead. It’s soooooo good.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Here’s a Deep Cut playlist I made with a buddy of mine. It’s pretty outdated so a lot of the tunes are removed from YouTube and I need to update them, but there’s some great stuff from games you’ve probably never even heard of. Shoutouts to Leading Company… that OST is amazing if you like jazz.

Last edited:

Quixz

I should buy Astral Chain at some point, It looks and sounds like something I'd enjoy but don't have the time!

Top Bottom