• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite band that only released one album?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

Temple_Of_The_Dog_-_Temple_Of_The_Dog_-_front.jpg

bobbyconover said:
Isn't the self-titled Mother Love Bone "album" actually a couple of different albums crammed together? I remember friends of mine having at least a couple of different CDs of theirs back at the time. Same goes for Op Ivy, more or less.
Yeah, that's what it was. Their EP + album + one or two "unreleased" songs.

and PuertoRicanJuice - go listen to Mad Season!

element

-jinx- said:
No idea what happened to them, although one of the two guys did production on some other records (Jungle Brothers comes to mind) in the late 1990s. If I had to guess, I would say that the demise of big beat probably did them in.
One of the guys got sick was unable to tour. I think he almost died as well.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Might be questionable, but I deem it fit since it was the only LP he pumped out while he was alive.

B0000029DD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DyersEve

Yeah Pride and Glory is a really great, though i like Zakks stuff with BLS. I didnt know that Layne did Mad Season, im gonna have to check it out. IS it any good? Im a big time Alice in Chains fan

Kola

Aww, come on. There's only one right answer:
B000025JWJ.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm not counting the Sid Vicious stuff. THIS is the real deal. Pure Sex Pistols. IMO the best album ever made.

nitewulf

personally i think sex pistols are easily the worst punk band ever...the album is a travesty. but its all opinions anyway, :)

gohepcat

Banned
nitewulf said:
personally i think sex pistols are easily the worst punk band ever...the album is a travesty. but its all opinions anyway, :)

What in gods name? You do understand the context of when it arrived. I mean...there really wasn't anything like it...good gravey. I even think Frente would owe a little to that album.

nitewulf

gohepcat said:
What in gods name? You do understand the context of when it arrived. I mean...there really wasn't anything like it...good gravey. I even think Frente would owe a little to that album.
it was controversial for the sake of being so, i cant give it credit for that. i dont really think it's as influential as you are suggesting...the clash's debut album came out in the same year, and they are IMO the best punk band of all time.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
mattiewheels said:
Time to end this thread:

B000002KIE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yeah, this would be my pick. How did it take so long into the thread to get a mention?

How about Minor Threat...do they count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom