• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite DualShock controller ?

Favorite DualShock?

• DualShock

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • DualShock 2

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • DualShock 3

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • DualShock 4

Votes: 29 21.5%
  • DualSense

Votes: 86 63.7%
  • SixAxis

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

FrankWza

DualSense is amazing. I only wish it had a back button attachment like the DS4 has.
100% consent.

I also would like to see Sony doing a professional edition by bringing a customizable DualSense to market.
Variable colors, paddles, individual stick height and textures or increase in battery life.

It really wonders my why they haven't already with the DualShock 4.
Yeah we need a back button already. The DS4 with back button is a pretty damn good controller.

Apeopleman

Dualshock 4 hands down. Great for all types of games.

Version 2 (V2) is controller perfection. It has great analog sticks that take true abuse to start drifting, the triggers are great. The controller is ergonomic. It is, and will remain the best controller for PC gamers, and it’s great to mod with Scuf and Battlebeaver back button attachments.

the dual sense is fragile and everyone will have busted triggers within a few years. It will be a hardware failure comparable to the xbox 360 RROD or PS3 YLOD

Rudius

Dualsense is by far the best controller I've used. The shape is good and allow me to play for many hours with no cramps, the buttons are firm and silent, the D-pad is precise (played Soul Calibur VI), the anologs have a nice shape and tension, the L1 and R1 are big and nice to press (used a lot in Demons Souls).

But it is when you play a true PS5 game that the controller shines. In Astro's you feel the great amplitude of the vibrations, from the small steps and drops of rain to big impacts on the controller; the speaker is better then on the Dualshock 4 and adds to the immersion. The Dualsense also have precise motion sensors and the touch pad is sensitive enough to write on it (test with Astro's). The adaptive triggers are amazing and you miss the effects when they are not present. In games like Control, WRC 9 and Destruction All Stars you feel much more connected to the character or vehicle.

Some might complain about the battery life (about 10 hours), but the truth is that the Dualsense probably has the biggest battery in any official controller; it's just that all the features consume more power.

Last edited:
Top Bottom