• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite game to play in altered state of mind!

Siegmeyer

Loads of games to be honest, but especially Platinum stuff when you get in the zone (although if I'm really high, Platinum stuff is the last stuff I'd choose). I also used to hudless freeskate in Skate for fucking ages while high, no objectives to follow, just cruising round hitting nice lines. Swinging round the city in Spiderman 2 was also fucking great.

And as much as I love Souls, I hate it whilst high. My heart rate goes crazy and it's just way too tense.

Sai-kun

Banned
oh also my skills at halo used to increase almost exponentially when i was wasted. it was weird as shit.

edit: drunk rocket league is great

MrVkOCs.gif

Seriously no one?

8bit

Knows the Score
Oh man, Rez Trancemission while refreshed took much of my time. Also, the Rogue Squadron (2?) Trench Death Star Run.

Thewonandonly

Oh man, Rez Trancemission while refreshed took much of my time. Also, the Rogue Squadron (2?) Trench Death Star Run.

All be honest I plan on playing rez VR while one either shrooms or molly havnt decided yet but if i have a heart attack from over stimulation it was nice knowing you guys GAF ;)

KidB

Mario Kart 8 online is great while drunk.
I once played Okami while I was high and it felt so good...

UberLevi

Drunk Mortal Kombat is the best. So is Drunk Souls. Playing League or Dota a few drinks deep is also fun, but probably not for your team.

If you're baked, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is a great choice.

Rarely smoke these days, but I can say that my first time playing GTA4 was something else. Super baked, in awe of everything I was experiencing. Entering interiors that had some destructible elements (turned out to be one of the very few), the physics of the vehicles and AI ragdoll system. I was just speechless and loving every minute of it.

Similar things happened with Killzone 2 demo (which I had made an account in another country to get early). Had to restart the damn demo like 3 times because I didn't believe what I was seeing was real-time. Blew my fricken mind. Also, God of War 3.

Other than that, I can attest to Rocket League while buzzed can be fun, but maddening. I prefer to play that fresh or if I'm too hyped, to smoke a tiny bit to curtail my excitement so that I can remain strategic in my ballgame.

I like playing high. It's a different good experience.

GTA V: picking a car and just drive and see what happens. It's specially funny with friends. Last time I did it, finished a couple of missions and just kept playing until I turned it off and went to sleep. The next day I boot it, and couldn't remember how I get where I was lol added realism heh.

Hotline Miami: Instead of trying to rush through the levels, I am thinking more about what I'm going to do. It becomes a more strategic game.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX: Oh god, the music, the colour, ohh god

MGSV:TPP: Similar to GTAV, it's emergent gameplay turned to eleven.

Siegmeyer

Horror games.

Can't handle them normal, couple of mind altering seconds later, I'm much more able to cope.

Not me. First time I fired up P.T. I was high, thinking it would enhance the experience. It worked a little too well, lol, I absolutley shat myself.

Verendus

Banned
I like playing high. It's a different good experience.

GTA V: picking a car and just drive and see what happens. It's specially funny with friends. Last time I did it, finished a couple of missions and just kept playing until I turned it off and went to sleep. The next day I boot it, and couldn't remember how I get where I was lol added realism heh.

Hotline Miami: Instead of trying to rush through the levels, I am thinking more about what I'm going to do. It becomes a more strategic game.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX: Oh god, the music, the colour, ohh god

MGSV:TPP: Similar to GTAV, it's emergent gameplay turned to eleven.
You could end up tripping, and find yourself in a mental construct of your own torture filled doom, with long lasting psychological effects.

You could end up tripping, and find yourself in a mental construct of your own torture filled doom, with long lasting psychological effects.

I've never ended like that until now. Anyway, I don't do it often, and usually is with friends, so it's more laughs and stuff.

Though I can see that happening with Hotline Miami 2 or something like that.

Already been said: drunk Titanfall. The game is so fast, jumping and running all over the place, big ass robots shooting rockets. It was an incredible experience. I swear I played better, too.

Skyrim was another one, just a couple of times, but it allowed me to get more immersed.

pablito

Drunk Souls

Kind of a tradition of mine since PC Dark Souls 1 to play them all drunk at the start. Not the start start, but after I get used to the game. I booze it up and invade the shit out of people. It's a blast even if I die every single time.

Drinking and Smash Bros goes together like nothing else. Luigi da gawd starts coming out and he can't be stopped

Also, I used to get a little high and play Prototype 1 to destroy the living fuck out of NYC. It was always so great.

Jumpman23

This just made me think....just imagine VR? Peeps are going to be blowing chunks on their Oculus', PSVR's and Vive's if drunk. Gonna have to put some smoke in the air for VR.

Thewonandonly

This just made me think....just imagine VR? Peeps are going to be blowing chunks on their Oculus', PSVR's and Vive's if drunk. Gonna have to put some smoke in the air for VR.
Right all be honest that's the main reason I'm looking forward to VR. Playing a game high as hell completely emerced thinking it's real life talk about dope ;) don't know if I will play horror games high on vr tho haha

nikos

I love to get lit and play Street Fighter IV. Hopefully V is as fun in this scenario. It's already amazing otherwise.

Jagsrock

Banned
most open world/sandbox games are fun. like dying light, fallout, skyrim, gta. endless ocean is incredible.

my favs though
  • smash bros
  • mario kart
  • mario maker

also recently started playing undertale and holy shit!

honorable mention :rhythm heaven

Wvrs

The Witcher 3. Put it on easy. All HUD elements and music off. Go wander about Skellig. Pure bliss..

mbeee2N.gif

Some of my longest times have been while "inhibited" in one way or another

Also, PSO2.
Settle in with some rum and some drum and bass, and grind that shit hardcore.

KiraXD

uh... well i dunno how well this will go over but...

in my party days...

Rez/Amplitude/Frequency

Those games are fun on hallucinogens (Rez at least has a chill mode where you cant die... pretty sure it was included for that sole purpose lol)

vetrox

Grow Home
you play as B.U.D.
Just fool around in the environment. You will love it.
Generally I prefer arcadeish driving games though.

Wip3out
Trackmania
Flatout 2

Other greats:
Jet Set Radio
Noby Noby Boy
Viva Pinata
Halo Firefight/Big Battle
Cortex Command multiplayer
Liero
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Renegade Ops
DayZ

Physics based party games are good too. Try Boom Blox.

dank stealth edit, bro

Unrelated:

I quit weed years ago and ever since then I've struggled to actually enjoy playing video games at home on the couch. I used to get home from work, smoke a bowl and play for hours whereas now I get bored quickly and I really wish I didn't.

This is just like me, except replace "playing video games" with "doing things" and "at home on the couch" with "at all."

:)
:|

My buddy and I used to drop acid and then play Super Mario Bros 2 muted so we could have Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 as our background music instead.

Shit was fantastic.

I also played through most of Shadow of the Colossus while tripping balls, and that was a goddamn experience.

Top Bottom