• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Intros/Openings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJames079

Neo Member
Games:

Super Robot Wars Alpha 3
Overwhelming odds, good teamwork between the cast, I love the scene 5 minutes in where they all line up, with "grandpa" Mazinger in front, the reflection in his eye later on, and the determination that follows, given the circumstances.

Movies:

X-Men 2
Beauty through teleports in ways I never thought possible - I wish I could find it on Youtube with better quality though...
Not to mention Gong is a greeeeat main theme

Joe T.

CBC's Hockey Night in Canada openings are fantastic, sometimes telling a story in music video format using brilliantly edited footage, recent and otherwise. A few of my favorites:

A couple of game openings:

• World of Warcraft
    The CG openings for vanilla WoW and all its expansions are up there as some of my all time favorites, Wrath of the Lich King my favorite of the lot. The art direction, music and voice acting are top notch stuff.

• Final Fantasy VI
    Unlike WoW, this one doesn't need any flashy CG or orchestrated music to win me over. I still get goosebumps every time Terra's theme kicks in during that march to Narshe and the opening credits roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom