• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite logos in gaming

paully

Banned
Persona.jpg

Fezan

Wow i thought it was going to be snatcher logo..
Now i need a new snatcher game made by cdproject
new logos are not as memorable fro me Loved the ps1 era capcom and konami logo with iconic music
for the new ones i like this one.can be a real miltary faction logo
guerrilla-games-profile.jpg

Groof

Man this thread is great. Love all the stuff in here, but here's one that I enjoy that hasn't been mentioned yet:
otatamashii.jpg

Used in MGS4, if memory serves me right.

Hmm... some great ones have been posted, most notably Nintendo but also some from games (Doom does have a great logo, doesn't it), but I don't see this one, and I've always liked it, it's one of my favorites... Interplay.

interplay_0_66533mijf7.jpg

The animated version of it with the over-the-top sounds and laser drawing in the script is one of my favorites too. :)

Yeah, and it's even more awesome with the audio. :) It just screams "these CD things are awesome!" so much... it's my favorite logo animation. Though it was cool how all the Lucasarts games each had their own, unique, animation... but that Interplay one really is great.

It's funny though, for a static version of the Interplay logo I like the classic red and purple version more, over the gold version... that's why I posted that one, and not one of the gold logo.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yeah, and it's even more awesome with the audio. :) It just screams "these CD things are awesome!" so much... it's my favorite logo animation. Though it was cool how all the Lucasarts games each had their own, unique, animation... but that Interplay one really is great.

It's funny though, for a static version of the Interplay logo I like the classic red and purple version more, over the gold version... that's why I posted that one, and not one of the gold logo.

My personal fav of the interplay logos was the Fallout variant which they then adopted as the standard going forward.

itBTyPqWfvFyS.gif

televator

Feel free to tar and feather me, but I always thought Sega didn't quite make the Saturn logo as cool as it might seem in concept. I just see a simple rounded "S" shape warped around a blue orb. There's just no pizazz to it. It looks like they pretty much stuck with the first concept that someone sketched on a napkin.

Dunan

How about in-universe stuff?

Because there's nothing like the simple, futuristic-but-timeless elegance of the racing team logos in Wipeout:

4841149736_596981f61d_o.png

I also like Sarif Industries from Deus Ex:

sarif-industries-600x330.jpg

And the Abstergo logo from Assassin's Creed:

video%20games%20blue%20assassins%20creed%20letters%20abstergo%20industries%20logos%20animus%201920x1082%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_41.jpg

And all the storefront logos in Final Fantasy XII (this isn't a very good shot):

1748149187.jpg

And the logos in Valkyria Chronicles:

COS-8234.jpg

Lanseal_Emblem.png

Shaneus

RovuWAG.jpg

87nKz5y.png

qK0qVsR.png

And how could we forget:
g3WAfmk.png

1uaRSAJ.png

fA4NETB.png

lTxhYcm.png

pvBo5zh.png

Or all together:

Liking yer style!

Speaking of which:
fY5F4Pb.png

Oh shit. Last, but not least:
uYAQjOY.gif

Edit: Just noticed I doubled-up on Wipeout (and Psygnosis), but they needs as much love as possible.

When I first saw it after Sony shut them down, I thought "wow that looks so European demoscene" lol. I might just be talking crazy, but whatever, it's awesome.
Fun fact: Not entirely related, but Remedy basically stemmed completely from a European demoscene group called Future Crew :)

PS. And honestly, I've always liked the original Xbox logo, too:
9jRbJ1il.jpg

Ivan

I liked "low quality" video and framerate of some logo intros of that time, it immediately suggested that it is from a video game, and not anything else. I knew good times were coming after it :).

I kinda like that bad, old CGI. It's deeply connected with video games in my brain.

I liked these (you covered all good game logos)

858876915eef82f18288404f5ced47e8.gif

8eebdcaded3561efae1f6d2eb5dbb97c.gif

Toppot

Sucker Punch (inFamous/Sly Raccon)
paPuRFs.jpg

Ones already posted I love:
Jet Set Radio
PS logo
Neversoft Animated Logo
Mirrors Edge
God of War
Assassins Creed
Rockstar
N64
Portal

Gigarator

Wipeout was already posted, easily the best example of graphic design in games.

Guess I'll go with...
tQaQw05.png

...the phoenix mirror!

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Whatever NBA Jam's is. I don't know why but that game was really important to me as a tween or teen. The one for SNES anyway. Man, that really defined a period for me and my brother and friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqfXefCLKs

The funny thing is, I don't even follow sports anymore, at least not very much.

Top Bottom