• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

favourite gaming pc case?

rvz02-34-2.jpg

i ordered this badboy as a gift formyself on christmas

it's like.. the size of an xbone. i'm hyped

curious what you guys like??

this

joe6.png

nah really simple = better, fuck the "gamer" crap

got this one myself, it's sober enough and the side glass is alright. Not really too fond of fancy stuff.

Fractal Design Node 304

I'm rubbish at linking pictures, sorry about that, you'll have to look it up. Lovely case, it's what I have. I hate logos and lights and all that "gamer" stuff, looks ugly.

Denton

Your new case looks awesome OP.

I have this Chieftec badboy for 12 years now. Four different PCs has it housed. It will outlive me I guess

chieftec-lcx-01sl-sl-b-410-lcx-01sl-sl-b-410-stribrno.jpg

Cerity

I like my fridges, so most fractal design cases. Currently using a Define R3, looking to downsize for my next build though.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

http://postimage.org/

Corsair Air 540. It's almost impossible to do a sloppy looking build in that case. Insane airflow. Big enough for any cooler without moving anything around.

I bought Fractal Design R5 recently. It seems like everyone and their mom has this case here in Finland, at least among students. It fit my giant 980 Ti nicely too.

The fans that come with it are very quiet when in minimum power - there is a switch on the front with three settings.

Odrion

Banned
rvz02-34-2.jpg

i ordered this badboy as a gift formyself on christmas

it's like.. the size of an xbone. i'm hyped

curious what you guys like??

Yup, bought this too for my homemade Steam Machine.

It's first case was this:

sg13b-34right-top.jpg

Which for $40 it's pretty nice. Fits a ATX PSU and most videocards. I think it's the most compact case you can get for a ATX psu and non-mini videocard. It's meant for liquid cpu coolers but I got around it by turning my shuriken into a blower and had the PSU exhaust it out. Worked fine with my i5 at 4.2 ghz.

I'll miss it. It could fit in a backpack and was a very nice travel powerhouse. I guess I'll try fitting the Raven in my travel bag.

I did my first ever build this year with the NZXT S340

s-340-case-white-front-left.png

It's great but I probably aired on the side of caution as I didn't really understand thermals and general building at the time.

Next time, maybe in a year or 2, I'm really considering this:

20130211205458-one.jpg

I have the Antec P182 in gun metal. It's a lovely case but its design allows for electro magnetic interference on the built in audio plugs so I had to trail a cable around from the back of the case. I got it for the modular design, and was sort of impressed with Antec's commitment to providing spares and replacements. However they were really expensive. When something broke because of bad manufacturing they didn't want to hear about it either. (poor molding in a removable plastic vent).

Probably would avoid them in the future for the poor customer service. Next time I think I'd go for something a little smaller.

F8Tmf2D.jpg

InWin 901 is damn sexy.

I seriously considered that case instead but its too damn expensive in Canada

I did my first ever build this year with the NZXT S340

s-340-case-white-front-left.png

It's great but I probably aired on the side of caution as I didn't really understand thermals and general building at the time.

Next time, maybe in a year or 2, I'm really considering this:

20130211205458-one.jpg

Good, embrace the mini ITX revolution

d3vnull

8mMYbBH.jpg

So happy with this one. After all the fancy gamerstuff I bought over the years, with the R5 I almost feel like an adult.

Omikaru

41ak0nuzMPL.jpg

Thinking about getting this soon, but I've seen some really nice ones on this thread that I may consider instead. I'm not a fan of side-windows so I'd prefer a case that didn't have one. I don't think NZXT do a version of the above without a window, though.

I've considered getting that to serve as just an eGPU+PSU enclosure.

Inwin D-Frame mini:
D-Frame_mini_at_computer_lounge01.jpg

If I ever get around to making a whole new build, I'll give consideration to open-air frames. Do they make any practical sense aside looking neat (at least without components)?

year_zero

Neo Member
Antec PlusView 1000. *not my picture*

The thing was rusting to death before I wanted to part with it.

Oh, the CS lans we shared... ;_;7

P5020021.jpg

Odrion

Banned
Here's my favorite:

It's an ugly sonofabitch. It looks like a milkcrate fucked a cinderblock. BUT this is by far the most useful, intuitive case I've used.

Everything comes off easy with just a couple of thumbscrews, with all it's walls removed it turns into a test bench, allowing you to easily test and modify your setup. And once it all is working optimally all you need to do is put the walls back up. The PSU actually screws into a backet on the back, and you can pull the bracket out just as easy as the walls - just turn some thumbscrews. It makes cable management a cinch.

The little flaps in front of the case are actually mounting racks for additional hard drives. There's a mechanism inside that, when sliding the hard drives in, instantly connects it to a sata cable and power, turning the process of hard drive installation into a easy process of plug-in-play. Got a failing laptop that you need to pull data out from? Just slap that thing in! Bought a new hard drive but you don't want to worry about installing it? Just slap that goddamn thing in! Salvaged a spare hard drive and you want to see if it works? Just slap that fucking thing in! It makes hard drive installation almost as easy as plugging a usb stick in.

It has easy installing cd-bays, it has clever holes for cable management, it has a seemingly shit ton of areas to install fans, it has great airflow, it's stackable, and it even has handles for you to lug it around. I highly recommend it to beginners, tinkerers, and people who want to slap a crazy frankenputer together.

Define R5. I just built my new computer a few months ago in this baby and it really does live up to the "silent case" name. In a world full of clown PC cases with led lights and side windows, the R5 is elegant and simple. I think someone like Steve Jobs would have approved of the design.

MGrant

I've got the Thermaltake Core V1. I like it. m-ITX, cheap, discreet, and relatively easy to work with (have to take the front cover off while you're installing a 970, though). Good airflow with two added Noctua case fans in the back for exhaust.

500x1000px-LL-456a93bb_TtCoreV1.jpeg

Next build, I'd like to try a Silverstone RVZ01B chassis for a gaming htpc:

casenew_small.jpg

I'm a sucker for m-ITX.

Samaritan

Just built a new PC inside this badboy, the Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout. Best case I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Absolutely adore it.

79f1149f-1a13-4b38-8612-082200aca3d4

Henrar

its not for the timid. The thing is HUGE!!!
I'm using one. It is huge indeed. And also freaking heavy.

But there is one flaw of this case - there is not enough room for water cooling with push configuration with air flowing towards the top. You can only do pull config or experiment with slimmer fans. Also, the amount of USBs on the front panel requires a lot of cables and free usb slots on the motherboard which my MOBO simply doesn't have.

desu

Favourites:

Corsair Air Series 240 / 540

Fractal R5

Inwin looks nice, not so much a fan of the internals

Thermaltake Core V21 (doesn't look as good quality wise but I love the internals and what you can do with it.

pic3.jpg

Joey Ravn

Banned
Here's my favorite:

It's an ugly sonofabitch.Looks like a milkcrate fucked a cinderblock. BUT this is by far the most useful, intuitive case I've used.

YES! The Cooler Master HAF XB Evo is fucking amazing. And it's not really that ugly looking. I love it to death <3 <3 <3

Top Bottom