FDA Approves Dyad for Public Consumption on July 17 in North America

Hey guys, kassatsu pasted the original press release, which you can download from www.dyadgame.com. It's kinda ridiculous but I was just having some fun with it! Beats writing something standard and boring =)

And like he said, I'll be around answering questions and giving away free codes when the official thread hits tomorrow!

-Shawn (guy who made Dyad)
Hey Shawn, nice work on the game, looks fantastic. Look forward to it coming to EU.

It's all US.. I know, I'm terrible.

It will be at least a month, I'm really sorry, I feel *REALLY* bad about it. I'm going to try to do something special for EU people... I know you guys get shat on consistently with release dates... I didn't really understand why until I tried to do a simul release myself -- it's at least an extra 2-3 months of work. I started working on the Europe version 4 months ago and it's still not ready =((((((((( I don't feel good about it, SORRY!

I was so ready to make a smarmy "belongs in off-topic" comment. :( Awesome PR fooled me.
Beat to the punch, but yeah, same here.

Hey guys, kassatsu pasted the original press release, which you can download from www.dyadgame.com. It's kinda ridiculous but I was just having some fun with it! Beats writing something standard and boring =)

And like he said, I'll be around answering questions and giving away free codes when the official thread hits tomorrow!

-Shawn (guy who made Dyad)
Is this inspired by Rez or Child of Eden, because it seems that way. Also what is the featured music genre?

It will be at least a month, I'm really sorry, I feel *REALLY* bad about it. I'm going to try to do something special for EU people... I know you guys get shat on consistently with release dates... I didn't really understand why until I tried to do a simul release myself -- it's at least an extra 2-3 months of work. I started working on the Europe version 4 months ago and it's still not ready =((((((((( I don't feel good about it, SORRY!
I feel better for getting an honest answer. Game looks great, good luck with the launch.

Super hyped about this game. I've been craving a game that gives that overarching cerebral fix that I got when I played Rez for the first time. The kind of game that blends music and visuals to the point where I get goosebumps every time a level starts. Day 0.

It's not Sony published, so who knows if it'll stay exclusive, but the word for now is it's only on PS3, and if deemed fit for Vita release, it will get a Vita version that qualifies for B1GB. (still a big "if" at the moment)
Well, IF and when that happens I will buy it then. For now I got too much going on and my PS3 is laying dormant.

Man, that really sucks :(

At least you're trying hard to get it done, and i admire your honesty. Thanks.

Thanks!

One of my requirements for doing a Vita version is it'll have to be free if you buy the PS3 version =)..

That does NOT mean I'm definitely doing one... there are other requirements, such as it not sucking on a small screen!

Thanks!

One of my requirements for doing a Vita version is it'll have to be free if you buy the PS3 version =)..

That does NOT mean I'm definitely doing one... there are other requirements, such as it not sucking on a small screen!
I'd be all over a Vita version.
The world needs more synesthetic gaming experiences and I, for one, am glad you're dropping such a balls-out insane one.

Thanks!

A Vita version would be completely amazing.

Chacranajxy

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Thanks!

So... I really don't want to be that guy, but... I'll be that guy: is it coming to PC?

I'd almost rather it not, so I don't end up buying this twice like... seriously, way too many other games. Because I'm buying this on PSN like yesterday.

Thanks!

Dyad + headphones + chilling on sofa + Vita screen = rainbows pouring out of every cell of my body

:D

Waited so long for this. It has been and is going to continue to be an expensive summer.

Edit: I nominated Dyad for two awards at last year's IGF. It is really special.

Totally psyched for this one. Played it at two consecutive PAX Easts, and I recently joined the Master Race so I'll get a discount on it anyway.

I think the press release is funny, but it doesn't end up being a great advertisement for people who have never heard of the game before. Are you planning to also do a more straightforward PR to inform new people about how the game actually plays?

Good. I was waiting for this. That leaves Papo and Yo and Sound Shapes for my PSN 2012 shop list. I would love this to come to the Vita too, and Shawn comment stating that one of his requirements for a Vita version is that PS3 buyers get the Vita version for free makes my Vita really happy! ;) Day one.

So i just booted up the triple to buy this game, and guess what? Not on the EU store. Massive disappointment!

Thinking about buying it with the US account, but i feel like now is not the time to start splitting up my PSN purchases over multiple accounts.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sooo...no stereo 3D huh? Disappointing, I must say.

I actually DID load it up on my HMZ-T1 in 2D, though, and many is that shit insane.

Would love to play this in 3D on the Palmer/Carmack headset thing, though.