• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Walking Dead cast may have too many people, but generally they do give arcs that turn those folks around. Did you expect Norman Reedus' character to become a fan favorite when he was first introduced in season 1 (granted this was before LOL OMG NORMAN REEDUS! *FANGIRL* happened to get Darabont to keep him and his "brother" on the show)? Carol going from abused house-wife to the Terminator/Assassin's Creed house-wife-killer?

To be fair, it took them 3-4 years to figure out what to do with Carol and Daryl only became a thing like maybe in late season 2. We have no idea what kind of arcs the characters of FtWD are on.

Ratings:

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 3.7 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 3.0 million viewers and 1.3 A18-49 rating

even with the drop - are these good numbers?

Surfinn

I'm hoping they can flesh out some of these characters a little more she get ratings back up. The last two episodes were a big improvement in a super disappointing season. They also need to reintroduce the zombie threat.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They're doing it again!

‘Fear The Walking Dead: Passage’ Web Series Set At AMC

AMC is rolling out a new season of its Fear The Walking Dead web series. The first installment of the 16-part Fear The Walking Dead: Passage series is currently live on the AMC website.

The episode will air during one commercial break within The Walking Dead Season 7 premiere episode on Sunday, October 23. Subsequent episodes of Passage, each less than one-minute long, will debut every Sunday, online and then on-air as promos during new episodes of The Walking Dead, for the duration of Season 7.

The second season of webisodes follows a fearsome survivor, Sierra (Kelsey Scott), who agrees to help an injured woman, Gabi (Mishel Prada), in exchange for an apocalyptic sanctuary. Over the course of their harrowing journey, the women go on to face many dangers and learn what they need to survive.

Only just watched the finale and it seems I have a different opinion of the subplot involving Chris. I thought the way it ended for Travis was really goddamn emotional. He rightfully tried to get Chris back on the right track even after learning how much of a sociopath he had become because that's what fathers do. That and Chris' death represent the very worst of adult fears while still having major parallels to reality (getting caught up in the "wrong" crowd, adopting their mindset, ultimately dying because of that mindset, etc). It's a weird situation where I have absolutely zero sympathy for Chris as a character (beyond him being a child) and a ton of sympathy for Travis.

And on top of all that, it's pretty damn unfair for the guy. There have been a total of two main characters that have died in this show so far, and both were Travis' family. That's the most negative thing I can say about the whole situation, that his family was essentially used as a plot device to break the poor guy.

Ovid

Only just watched the finale and it seems I have a different opinion of the subplot involving Chris. I thought the way it ended for Travis was really goddamn emotional. He rightfully tried to get Chris back on the right track even after learning how much of a sociopath he had become because that's what fathers do. That and Chris' death represent the very worst of adult fears while still having major parallels to reality (getting caught up in the "wrong" crowd, adopting their mindset, ultimately dying because of that mindset, etc). It's a weird situation where I have absolutely zero sympathy for Chris as a character (beyond him being a child) and a ton of sympathy for Travis.

And on top of all that, it's pretty damn unfair for the guy. There have been a total of two main characters that have died in this show so far, and both were Travis' family. That's the most negative thing I can say about the whole situation, that his family was essentially used as a plot device to break the poor guy.
I thought Travis was going to kill himself. He's been through a lot.

Negaiido

I guess I could create a thread of my own but I just wanted to ask it here.
After watching the first episode, of the first season, I find the tv show truly horrendous compared to the first episode of the walking dead. I was just wondering whether it is getting any better?
I dislike the characters, the bad acting and the story is awful so far.

jb1234

After watching the first episode, of the first season, I find the tv show truly horrendous compared to the first episode of the walking dead. I was just wondering whether it is getting any better?

No, it gets worse.

idonteven

oh damn...the first episodes are one of the best for me,if you already find it that bad i got some bad news for you

Negaiido

oh damn...the first episodes are one of the best for me,if you already find it that bad i got some bad news for you

No, it gets worse.

That's too bad, I really thought they weren't trying to make it sound real. Especially when Madison showed her concerns about something... I guess I'm out of here and wish you guys good luck with this tv show.

Finally getting around to watch the finale. The first hour was awesome. It was satisfying to see Travis just not give a fuck and go beast. Gonna watch the second half later.

Edit: Finished the second half. That was good, but I hate the ending. I look forward to next season.

Do yourself a favour and run for the hills. This is a money grab series plain and simple

on episode 8. The 3 mexican guys with guns shooting zombies; then 1 guy drops his ammo; while the other guy with the AK doesn't do shit and they just stand on the road and they both get eaten even though the zombies were so far away and they could have just jumped in the jeep and driven off.

This is next level stupid

Surfinn

on episode 8. The 3 mexican guys with guns shooting zombies; then 1 guy drops his ammo; while the other guy with the AK doesn't do shit and they just stand on the road and they both get eaten even though the zombies were so far away and they could have just jumped in the jeep and driven off.

Probably the dumbest zombie moment ever.

Tonky

They also had the advantage of height, since the zombies would've been essentially fighting an "uphill" battle. It was unintentionally hilarious, which pretty much describes this show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Dave Erickson will step down as showrunner of Fear the Walking Dead after season 3 wraps. It doesn't appear to be a contentious situation, however, because he'll still serve as an executive producer and has also signed a deal to develop new shows for AMC and Sundance.

”We're beyond grateful for Dave's amazing work on the first three seasons of ‘Fear the Walking Dead.' With Dave as showrunner, the series fulfilled its creative promise to expand The Walking Dead universe in a way that was totally unique from the original series, and has gone on to become the #2 drama series in ad-supported cable, behind only ‘The Walking Dead,' said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. ”We are also incredibly excited that Dave has chosen to stay in the AMC family to pursue his next passion project. We look forward to many more successful collaborations."

”I have truly enjoyed working with the writers and directors, cast and crew on ‘Fear' and am so proud of what we have accomplished over our first two seasons," Erickson said. ”I look forward to completing work on season three, sharing it with the fans and developing new projects with my partners at AMC."

Source

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The show has, of course, been renewed for a fourth season.

Andrew Chambliss (Once Upon a Time) and Ian Goldberg (Dead of Summer) will serve as co-showrunners. Also, Scott Gimple is coming on as an executive producer.

Source

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
MMBfEcG.jpg

Great key art!

Top Bottom