• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.17d411588c48

A federal appeals court has maintained the freeze on President Trump's controversial immigration order, meaning previously barred refugees and citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries can continue entering the U.S.

A panel with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit upheld the ruling of U.S. District Judge James Robart, who had decided Friday that Trump's temporary travel ban should be put on hold. The Department of Homeland Security soon suspended all enforcement of Trump's controversial directive.

Get fucked you racist piece of shit

^put it better than me

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
+1

Afraid of the Supreme Court ruling, but at the very least, the window for people with visas to entry the country widened a bit.

ianpm31

Incoming Trump tweet.....

I love it when he keeps opening his mouth against the judges. Just keeps burying himself

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to his incoming Twitter meltdown. Also hope this gets fast tracked to the SCOTUS before Gorsuch is seated and they send it back to the 9th (or, preferably, tell him to get fucked).

Barzul

Felt this would be the outcome too. I thought maybe they might amend it and take the option the Justice Department offered. Anyways completely eliminating would've caused the chaos of the first few days of this order to return. No court wants that.

t7I6zu.gif

Trump, or Bannon

Judge Richard Clifton, a President George W. Bush appointee, noted that the government already had processes in place to screen people coming from those countries and asked, “Is there any reason for us to think that there’s a real risk or that circumstances have changed such that there’s a real risk?”

“The president determined that there was a real risk,” responded the August E. Flentje, the Justice Department lawyer.

Hell of an answer there, Mr. Flentje.

WarLox

How does this work out financially for people. Do they have to pay for another ticket when they are deported or not let into the country? Do they get a refund when they are sent back?

gcubed

+1

Afraid of the Supreme Court ruling, but at the very least, the window for people with visas to entry the country widened a bit.

Only an idiot who can't take the loss would let it go to the SC. Shit I would assume the SC judges would just say "why the f are you bothering us with this shit, just rewrite it not to be a total asshole and you can enact it"

So yes, something a shit-gibbon would try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom