• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrboyev

If they were smart they'd let this go, I don't think they're going to get any victories out of this

I was about to say the same thing, but Trump would refuse to take an L. This is going to the Supreme Court. But probably after his pick is confirmed, which may be a while.

Nydius

Gold Member
+1

Afraid of the Supreme Court ruling, but at the very least, the window for people with visas to entry the country widened a bit.

Why afraid? If they vote solely along ideological lines, it'll be a 4-4 split and the 9th Circuit will stand. But it's entirely possible that, after his lambasting of the judiciary on Twitter and in public venues, ideological lines might not matter. Kennedy and Roberts have broken from ideology in the past.

CazTGG

So, how long before it's appealed to the Supreme Court of the United States and what's the likely outcome if it's the current court members/ current + Gorsuch? I know many are cheering this decision (and rightfully so given the verdict), but it's almost guaranteed that they're going to bring this case to the Supreme Court.

thefro

Pleasantly surprised that it's 3-0

I think the losing streak for Trump will continue in the Supreme Court, at least on lifting the suspension.

Jerm411

Hey there Donald....

156.gif

GhaleonEB

Twitter meltdown incoming.

Thank goodness we have a few functioning parts of our system in place. Get fucked, Trump.

Very (happily) surprised it was unanimous.

We'll see what happens in at the SCOTUS (and we haven't even gotten to the merits yet), but lol Trump. Get fucked.

NYR

"Complete and total repudiation of the Trump's administration's legal position in this case"

CNN throwIng epic shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom