• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal Judge in Hawaii puts revised federal travel ban on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love that Trump is going to be bursting his vocal chords again today, raging against the machine. Makes me wet.

BxD28Vn.gif

Amir0x

Banned
holy SHIT @ Mike Huckabee:

Hoping @POTUS tells Hawaii judge what Andrew Jackson told overreaching court-"I'll ignore it and let the court enforce their order."

Are these fascists serious? Idolizing Andrew Jackson, hoping Trump literally begins dismantling the systems of checks and balances? The fuck? These motherfuckers were calling Obama a King and Tyrant only six months ago!

D7n

Bob: That’s true. You can’t return an item based purely on spite.
Jerry:. Well So fine then ..then I don’t want it and then that’s why I’m returning it.
Bob: Well you already said spite so……
Jerry: But I changed my mind..
Bob: No…you said spite…Too late.

It's especially interesting/bemusing the number of citations of Catholic League v. City of San Francisco are in the ruling when establishing standing for the TRO.

Also trotted out Arizona Right-to-life PAC vs Bayless, the hits keep coming.

Gruco

Banned

Are these fascists serious? Idolizing Andrew Jackson, hoping Trump literally begins dismantling the systems of checks and balances? The fuck? These motherfuckers were calling Obama a King and Tyrant only six months ago!

I'd like to think that the upside of this hypothetical would be that congress would be more united in their opposition and be willing to consider more forceful measures to keep Trump in line.

I'd sure like to think that.

Dyle

Man this is wonderful. I thought I was going to a week or so to get this taken care of. Great to see that this pathetic retread won't be banning a single person.

Amir0x

Banned
I'd like to think that the upside of this hypothetical would be that congress would be more united in their opposition and be willing to consider more forceful measures to keep Trump in line.

I'd sure like to think that.

The GOP are terrorists now. They don't give a fuck about our systems. They're going to follow Trump over the cliff unless his diehard supporters finally stop defending him.

Monocle

If Democrats had done this while Obama was in office, I wonder how many of these clowns would have literally shit themselves live on Fox News and then run around the studio in their poopy pants crying about the end of democracy.

Amir0x

Banned
Oh I know about that. Trump has been on record well before that visit too to praise Andrew Jackson. In Jackson, he sees himself in the perennial outsider who defied common sense politics and bent the system to his will.

Of course, the comparison is more salient than he realizes - and not in a good way. And yet it is remarkable that Andrew Jackson was still infinitely more competent than Trump is on his best day.

The snark just keeps going, so delicious:
The Government appropriately cautions that, in determining purpose, courts should not look into the "veiled psyche" and "secret motives" of government decision makers and may not undertake a "judicial psychoanalysis of a drafter's heart of hearts." The Government need not fear. The remarkable facts at issue here require no such impermissible inquiry. For instance, there is nothing "veiled" about this press release: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.[]"
Judicial rulings are the best.

When Rudy went public with that 'how do we legally do the Muslim ban' this was the only outcome.

Because YOU CAN'T do a legal Muslim ban. No matter how much you dress it up, because we have them on fucking record saying that's the intent, and because they have failed to demonstrate how this is necessary or how it leads to increased security for the country...

Yup. Let's see if he wants round three on this.

FZZ

Banned
Shout outs to the judge in Hawaii

Fuck Trump

He's such a fucking orange scrotum

holy fuck I hate this man

tbm24

This sounds like it's going to be difficult to keep standing as it goes up the circuit honestly. I wish them luck.

Hazmat

Bob: That’s true. You can’t return an item based purely on spite.
Jerry:. Well So fine then ..then I don’t want it and then that’s why I’m returning it.
Bob: Well you already said spite so……
Jerry: But I changed my mind..
Bob: No…you said spite…Too late.

This fits this situation pretty damn well.

tbm24

Certainly puts into light what they mean by being the party of law and order.

SeanC

Ungh...the f'n @s on that too.

Burn the internet down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom