• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narolf

Banned
I thought both FFXII and XIII were surprisingly challenging after a string of easy FFs starting from VI all the way to X. The DS version of FFIV is also plenty challenging.

Eh... FFXII I won't argue with; it does have difficult optional bosses. FFXIII, on the other hand, is a joke from start to finish; barring the fights against Aeons.

Eh... FFXII I won't argue with; it does have difficult optional bosses. FFXIII, on the other hand, is a joke from start to finish, barring the fights against Aeons.

I dunno, much like FFXII, buffs/debuffs actually mattered in XIII, so I thought it was sufficient enough all things considered. Though you're right in that much of the challenge comes from the summon battles.

Tiamant

I dunno, much like FFXII, buffs/debuffs actually mattered in XIII, so I thought it was sufficient enough all things considered. Though you're right in that much of the challenge comes from the summon battles.

Going into some bosses without shell/shield was suicide in FFXII, also the espers were quite challenging and a lot of hunts needed some preparation.

I loooooved abusing the Oil spell, dat x3 fire damage.

FFXII and FFXIII are both basically attrition-based, on which it's all about damage dealt per second, damage taken per second, the speed at which you can heal, and so on. It's much less like FFX, which is much more about maximizing the value of each individual turn, and in which status ailments are used to absolutely shut enemies down and render them harmless, not just to reduce their damage potential or make them somewhat more vulnerable.

Narolf

Banned

You're dealing with the games' balance here, not their respective difficulty. Had to make XIII artificially harder by inputting commands on my own at all time, rather than resorting to Auto-Battle. A joke.

Aurizen

Ah, that explains it.

Honestly, I think it could be the real deal. It's been two years since they initially announced FFX HD, right?

Yeah, you're right. I do have reason to believe it will have FFXIII graphics when you go to the twitter I used Google to translate the conversations and it seems that the CGI will be FFXIII like. I hope they will add features like international and NG+ I don't think NG + will be included.

Vashetti

Banned
Final Fantasy X: The Spira Collection
Includes remastered versions of Final Fantasy X & X-2
Includes all international content
Includes remastered mini-movie "Eternal Calm"
New game options such as zero XP, new game +, etc.
Trophy support
Multiplayer Blitzball
Multiplayer games such as: butterfly chase, Chocobo racing, Aeon battles

#believe

squall211

I wonder if they'll change the way you acquire the ultimate weapons in FFX. It's pretty sad when I can honestly say I got the most enjoyment out of doing the lightning dodging out of all the ultimate weapon objectives.

H3xum

Trophy support
Multiplayer Blitzball

#believe

Thanks for planting that seed

A seed that we both know will never grow.

Now I'm sad.

Trophy support
Multiplayer Blitzball

#believe
Eternal Calm is kinda deprecated and pointless (it's fully covered by FFX-2), but Last Mission might be nice.

Also, multiplayer blitzball would need to be MASSIVELY revamped. It's too easy to keep the ball out of the other team's hands by abusing passing.

Multiplayer Aeon battles, too, would basically be determined by who got the first turn.

Apart from New Game+ and difficulty levels, I'd mainly want some additional weapon/armor abilities, giving ultimate weapons with Double AP something more useful instead, and the ability to raise aeon stats by feeding them, for example, an HP+300 sphere for 300 HP in addition to the endgame status of 99 Power Spheres for 10 HP.

Oh, and I'd make Doublecast work on White Magic.

Narolf

Banned
FFXII and FFXIII are both basically attrition-based, on which it's all about damage dealt per second, damage taken per second, the speed at which you can heal, and so on.
XIII's combat feels like a watered down version of XII's. Tanked bosses, which sometimes take more than thirty minutes to defeat on first run, are only there to give an illusion of difficulty.

reKon

Banned
Some people have very different opinions than me ... :p

I'll give you $10 if can remember in of the melody's of any track in the game other than the main boss composition (which is great IMO). Granted, I only played 20 hours in, but still because of the style of that music, it was very forgettable and weak. In FFX every piece of composition matched the event or scene nearly perfectly and the soundtrack was pleasantly unique. It also made grinding much more enjoyable.

reKon

Banned
Thanks for planting that seed

A seed that we both know will never grow.

Now I'm sad.

haha, exactly. I loved blitzball, but it was too easy once you knew who to recruit and how to play. Even though they won't, I would be up for them enhancing that mini game all around in addition to all the international version features. And by enhance I'd want them to ramp up the difficulty, introduce, new players to recruit, and anything else that would make the blitzball league more strategic.

haha, exactly. I loved blitzball, but it was too easy once you knew who to recruit and how to play. Even though they won't, I would be up for them enhancing that mini game all around in addition to all the international version features. And by enhance I'd want them to ramp up the difficulty, introduce, new players to recruit, and anything else that would make the blitzball league more strategic.

Tidus for permanent MVP of the league lol. I swear he can breakthrough the entire opponents team with his uber stats and cheating ass Jecht Shot 1 and 2 lol. 10 - 0 were the scorelines usually.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Good game, but this is really when the Final Fantasy series started to go down hill. No more free roam air ship travel, very linear. I still enjoyed it, but nothing was the same after this.

FF9 was the last great FF in my opinion.

legacyzero

Banned
FUCK. If they give me the desire to play X-2 again.. I ......I...

I'll do it...... For you Tidus. For you. If it makes Yunie happy.

EDIT: It's also one thing I hated about the X games, is that Tidus is such an AWESOME name! The only time I've ever not liked renaming a character.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'll give you $10 if can remember in of the melody's of any track in the game other than the main boss composition (which is great IMO). Granted, I only played 20 hours in, but still because of the style of that music, it was very forgettable and weak. In FFX every piece of composition matched the event or scene nearly perfectly and the soundtrack was pleasantly unique. It also made grinding much more enjoyable.

Again, I guess all I can say is:

Some people have very different opinions than me ... :p

XII's soundtrack was beautiful and sophisticated, and ironically IT made things very pleasant to grind for me.

And on the other hand, I don't dislike it at all, but FFX was hardly significant after the previous few games of soundtracks. It was par for the course, nothing spectacular. Always interesting to see others (usually a younger generation) who put it on a pedestal.

B.K.

EDIT: It's also one thing I hated about the X games, is that Tidus is such an AWESOME name! The only time I've ever not liked renaming a character.

I kind of wish they'd take out the option to rename him and actually have characters call him by his name. I hated how they avoided having anyone call him Tidus. It was really awkward.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I will pay a very, very high price for X/X-2 international bundle.

I kind of wish they'd take out the option to rename him and actually have characters call him by his name. I hated how they avoided having anyone call him Tidus. It was really awkward.
I think I'm ok with the way it is, because I'd rather not be reminded that you pronounce his name, "Tee-dus".

ascii42

FUCK. If they give me the desire to play X-2 again.. I ......I...

I'll do it...... For you Tidus. For you. If it makes Yunie happy.

Yeah, and I don't care how they pronounced it in Kingdom Hearts, I still say Tie-dus, not Tee-dus.

Doo da do dat doooo da do da doo doooooo.

The part I'm referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Cg92jbc88 at 1:00

EDIT: and LOL, I just saw the bolded part. I stand corrected.

Toth

Eternal Calm is kinda deprecated and pointless (it's fully covered by FFX-2), but Last Mission might be nice.

Also, multiplayer blitzball would need to be MASSIVELY revamped. It's too easy to keep the ball out of the other team's hands by abusing passing.

Multiplayer Aeon battles, too, would basically be determined by who got the first turn.

Actually Eternal Calm is very important to understanding why FF X 2 happens. You would be very confused in starting the game if you did not see it. Considering this was a choice of Toriyama....yeah..

Wait, so this is a full remaster, with Crystal Tools level visuals?! God-damn!

My birthday is in June, I'm assuming this is the estimated date for a Japanese release though (at best).

clem84

Gold Member
Wouldn't it be cool if they made more enemies in the battle arena? That Nemesis wouldn't be the toughest enemy in the game? After you beat him, other enemies would appear in the battle arena that would be much harder then Nemesis and require everyone of your characters to unlock the entire Sphere grid? Please SE, make it happen.

I was talking about FFXII's sound track though. I really enjoyed FFXIII's though. Hamauzu is crazy good

Yeah, I don't even remember a single track off the top of my head from XII.

(I really liked XIIIs soundtrack btw. I put it and XIII-2's on occasionally while reading or trying to fall asleep)

tumblr_m517cxqEsT1rxyg89o1_500.gif

Jawmuncher

Hopefully they finish this soon and X-2 doesn't take as long either.
Then would be nice for them to wrap it up with a FF12 HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom