• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXI Expansion Gets Ship Date

[7/6/2004 11:28:33 AM ET]

Square Enix, Inc. will ship its Final Fantasy XI expansion pack for the PlayStation 2 and PC, Chains of Promathia, to North American retailers on September 21 of this year. The title will retail for $29.99 and add new areas to the virtual world of Vana’diel.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I know what I'm getting my wife for her birthday now :)

Oh yeah, I guess I'll need both a PC and a PS2 version, too...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
sonycowboy said:
[7/6/2004 11:28:33 AM ET]

Square Enix, Inc. will ship its Final Fantasy XI expansion pack for the PlayStation 2 and PC, Chains of Promathia, to North American retailers on September 21 of this year. The title will retail for $29.99 and add new areas to the virtual world of Vana’diel.

Hmmm JP will get a headstart on US players. CoP is due on 9/16 in Japan. It's not a huge headstart, but it's more than enough for them.

madara

Tell me at least there are adding some classes to this game with this? God there had to be nothing more boring then being 5th thief in area LFG for hours so you can whack even more powerful bunnies then hundreds you already did in even more desert like or barren wasteland.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
madara said:
Tell me at least there are adding some classes to this game with this? God there had to be nothing more boring then being 5th thief in area LFG for hours so you can whack even more powerful bunnies then hundreds you already did in even more desert like or barren wasteland.

They haven't said yet. SE is pretty secretive about features in patches and expensions. Vague details, and explained when it hits.

BuddyC

madara said:

Yup, they're completely changing the dynamic of the game instead of giving you more of the same. Yea, right.

Top Bottom