• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXII remaster director says that fans will determine which FF game is remade next

Aside from saying that we can expect remakes based on any Final Fantasy game from before the PS2 era, Takashi Katano said that fans will have an important role when it comes to choosing the next proper remake.

As for which game would be next in the pipeline, Katano told us that it would be largely determined by the response from fans: "We really have to hear their voices on that, if they want to see a remake or a remaster of a certain game then that's more likely to be the one we go for."

"I've personally been working at Square Enix for 20 years now and I've got a lot of memories from that time. I think the way that we look at it is not the game that [we] would like to remake it's really down to what the players, the fans, want to see."
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/final-fant...ps1-era-remakes-after-final-fantasy-7-1621837

So, which Final Fantasy do you want or expect to see remade after VII? I think IX could really use one, as the graphics are really starting to show their age.

Iksenpets

Banned
I would have to think they either go back and do 6, which would have to be a pretty complete reimagining of that game, or you play it safe and do a pretty straightforward remake of 8.

9 would be great, but I doubt is gets precedence over either of those.

SeanTSC

I'd like 6, but it needs the full remake treatment that 7 is getting and no expense should be spared.

On more of a remaster level - 9 is probably the easiest to redo the models and textures on without doing a full blown remake. Either way, keep 9 turn-based.

Eggbok

XIII trilogy, Lightning be praised.

eaa8c803b45fba5db7a500d519f066ad.gif

NotEasy

I love VIII the most but a remake would take years or decades since this is Square Enix, so I dunno, maybe after FFVII in 2030.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I don't have a problem with the way the PSX games look and I think they did an admirable job with the FF3 and FF4 remakes on DS, so my vote is for FF5

Edit: you guys are nuts for wanting FF6. Be careful what you wish for

libregkd

Remake: FFVI
Remaster: Tactics

I'd actually be really curious about the path they'd take for a complete remake of VI. We've already seen quite a few departures form the original VII -> Remake and VI would be an even bigger one given that it was 2D. Though we do have some some idea of what it'd be like given the DS versions of III and IV.

Tactics, I feel, should really just be on any platform that could run it.

Caj814

Taruranto

IX PC version is pretty much perfect, no idea what you could change without altering significantly the game.

V or VI are the best candidates.

Top Bottom