• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIV Shadowbringers (July 2) new info - Viera video, Nier Raid, Gunbreaker Class, more!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Official Site: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/shadowbringers/

Euro Fanfest is going on. I'll add more as I go through it.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/1fb6f1541b7b814f5bfd30662f2e29c3ff95b74e

Release Date
Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Pre-orders Begin
Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Pre-order to receive an early access code!

Early Access Begins
Friday, June 28, 2019

Viera:

Gunbreaker:

sbge1rnrj4e21.png

Nier Raid (24 player):
BdsmzAnSPkMPmgtnegZ99vhK8ubQ58pJF3n8SGB7zP4.jpg

Message from Yoko Taro:

Offical Expansion Artwork:
qmllu9x915e21.png

Collectors Edition:
6y9DpJM1cHmpa19fi--TnRPWVI.jpg

Extended Trailer:

UEi9g_jQakiSFnxWsr0oqtB-EBx5DrJWAg_oipePPQ8.png

Analysis from MrHappy:

8 player raid will be annouced at the Tokyo Fanfest.

Last edited:

Dunki

Fuck me that looks great. Guess I will play FFXIV again. Goodbye my social life.

Viera Gunbreaker:messenger_sunglasses:

Fuz

Banned
Aaaaaaaand here's my addiction coming back.

Why a Nier raid, toh? Seems very out of context in a FF game.

Dunki

Aaaaaaaand here's my addiction coming back.

Why a Nier raid, toh? Seems very out of context in a FF game.
There was a collaboraton with Assasins creed and Monster Hunter already^^

RAIDs can be non canon which is great.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I thought the Nier Raid was someone trolling when I first read it since it does seem out of place. I am really looking forward to it once I saw it is real. I wasn't too hyped for the expansion with the news we had prior to today, but all this new stuff looks great.

Been waiting for Viera and Blue Mage for years, and I get them both in the same year. The Nier raid is going to be fun too. Can't wait!

Elcid

Banned
Are they doing anything different this time for endgame? I'm tired of the same tome grind in the same 2 dungeons and occasional raid to get into savage then grind that then nothing to do. Stopped playing at the last expansion for that reason. Also have they announced any other classes?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm so glad both Yoko Taro and NieR/Drakengard series getting the attention they deserve but I think it about god damn time for us to get some announcement of his new game. I dont care its new NieR entry or Drakengard 4 or whole new IP, I just want to see new game from him.

Last edited:
Are they doing anything different this time for endgame? I'm tired of the same tome grind in the same 2 dungeons and occasional raid to get into savage then grind that then nothing to do. Stopped playing at the last expansion for that reason. Also have they announced any other classes?
They are holding back some info until the next fan fest in March, which is most likely when they'll announce the second new class.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

So far we know the 24 man and 8 man raids will be returning. Since Eureka was not popular I am wondering if they will replace that with something new. We should find out more at the last fanfest.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Got a starter edition key for FFXIV if anyone needs one for a friend, I won't be using it.

0RfOTkn.png

Ichabod

Banned
Incredible trailer! As someone who's recently gotten back into the game after a 2 year hiatus, the game is flush with content and I'm loving it. I hope I'm all caught up by July.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I started like one month ago, and has played very casually. Just hit 50 on Summoner, and while enjoying the game, something seems off. I guess it's the Japanese anesthetic. I'm really not into Asian games, but for some reason I enjoy it anyway.

Rotations seems a little dull, but I keep reading that it changes around 50 to mod fifties, so crossing fingers.

Top Bottom