• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 - First screens & info

alterno69

Banned
Man what a though choice to make, on one hand i like the fluidity of player animations and movement in FIFA, on the other hand i like the actual football core mechanics of PES more, i like the control over my shots on goal in fifa but i also kinda like the bit of randomness in PES and also the much much greater variety of goals in PES. If only PES players didn't feel like they have a stick up their butts when they move.

WJD

Man what a though choice to make, on one hand i like the fluidity of player animations and movement in FIFA, on the other hand i like the actual football core mechanics of PES more, i like the control over my shots on goal in fifa but i also kinda like the bit of randomness in PES and also the much much greater variety of goals in PES. If only PES players didn't feel like they have a stick up their butts when they move.

Pretty much my exact sentiment. If the engine and animations are revamped for next gen, PES may well retake its thrown.

Arnie

Add towards the realism to the game. I could nitpick, but it is not necessary when they release fifa on a yearly basis. Do not put all you egg in one basket my friend.

I'm more bemused by the idea that somehow Manchester United players deserve to have their faces mapped. Most of them already do. Imagine being a fan of a lower league club, where players having the right hair and skin colour is a luxury, let alone a pixel perfect face.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Played the demo last night. I have never bought a FIFA game, so I played on easy, but had a lot of fun. I kept getting beat 1-0 for about 3 matches until I finally got my passes and stuff under control, I won a few shootouts too.

How do you dive with the goalie on shootouts? Also, how is the game on the medium difficulty? What does it add back that easy limits?

I did have to change the auto-switching on players though, that was annoying.

Might just be grabbing this.

I feel the same, but I'm a PES diehard, and I'll pick up PES 13. I may get FIFA down the road at some point, but I'll get PES first. I especially agree with the bolded part. In the end PES feels more like a real match to me than FIFA.

I used one of those game extenders to increase the half time. Turns out it also changes the squads back to like pre-season squads.

Arsenal still had Bendtner, Song and RVP.

I put them straight into the reserves.

Saty

PC demo got a 58MB update, don't know what changed.

The demo extender does indeed work but it seems you need to enable the menu skipping for the halftime changes to apply.

PC demo got a 58MB update, don't know what changed.

The demo extender does indeed work but it seems you need to enable the menu skipping for the halftime changes to apply.

According to the official forums it fixed a crash when using custom controls for keyboard.

Played the demo last night. I have never bought a FIFA game, so I played on easy, but had a lot of fun. I kept getting beat 1-0 for about 3 matches until I finally got my passes and stuff under control, I won a few shootouts too.

How do you dive with the goalie on shootouts? Also, how is the game on the medium difficulty? What does it add back that easy limits?

I did have to change the auto-switching on players though, that was annoying.

Might just be grabbing this.

One of the two sticks, cant remember which one exactly.

The difficulty settings relate to how good the opposition are. The higher the difficulty, the better they are at keeping the ball.

Legacy defending is still in the settings options for those that enjoy Fifa 11 style defending and you can still play with it in unranked matches. It looks like the attacker force field from fifa 12 is no more(thank god). If you are running-down a winger down the line and have no experience with tactical/contain defending be prepare to get skinned by a simple cutback.

Messi

They finally modeled Sergio from Barca. He looks awesome. Can't wait to see the other scanned Barca players (Pedro,Thiago, Jordi Alba and Alexis)

wZnVd7.jpg

Was down 2-1, get a quick break and Balotelli is past the defenders.. ref blows the whistle and I am treated to Pirlo crying on the ground about his ankle. Camera shows him walk off.. and the announcers inform me that he's doing ok and the sideline and should be ok. Rage! Did make it all the sweeter when Tevez turned Balotelli's shot from outside the box into a nersty little backheel to tie it in the 90th. I'm impressed with the demo, wish I had the funds to pick it up sooner rather than later.

pakkit

Banned
I played the demo for about 2 hours, and came to the conclusions that it's basically the same as FIFA 12. There are some minor differences, but it's just slightly tweaked, and most of my complaints from 12 (the refs are idiots, hilarious collisions, bad AI defending) carry over.

Ragus

Banned
I've skipped Fifa 12, so new defence system is really "new" to me. I was messing with it for the past few days and I want to to ask you for some advice.

So, in the field I'm not using square (shooting button) to take away the ball. Instead I keep pressing X to contain.

Sometimes it works (CPU isn't able to pass the ball and he messes up), but most of the time he succeeds to enter my penalty area.

And now the trouble begins. I have no idea how to take the ball from the opponent. I try pressing square, but I always fail.

How do you guys do it? What am I doing wrong? Is using only containing in the field a good idea? Any advice would be appreciated.

Linius

I'm having the same trouble, skipped 12 as well. Sometimes one CPU player walks by three of mine because I'm tackeling air :p

I need to fix my timing. Also, when I use B (xbox) to get the ball I found out my player not just gets the ball but most of the times he also kicks it a few meter away. How can I get the ball without shooting it out of my reach? :p

I think I'm describing the situation really abstract, so I hope somebody understands the meaning of the words above.

Cuddler

I've skipped Fifa 12, so new defence system is really "new" to me. I was messing with it for the past few days and I want to to ask you for some advice.

So, in the field I'm not using square (shooting button) to take away the ball. Instead I keep pressing X to contain.

Sometimes it works (CPU isn't able to pass the ball and he messes up), but most of the time he succeeds to enter my penalty area.

And now the trouble begins. I have no idea how to take the ball from the opponent. I try pressing square, but I always fail.

How do you guys do it? What am I doing wrong? Is using only containing in the field a good idea? Any advice would be appreciated.
Try this:
You need to time your tackles and stand off your opponent.

Hold LT to hold off and change your the distance to the opponent with the stick, then when the time is right press tackle. You can sometimes get the ball off your opponent by sticking close to him.

It takes a while to get used to, but be patient and you'll find it's a much more rewarding/realistic defense mechanic. I enjoy it anyway (when i get it right).
It's not working for me and I'm not sure that I want to spend weeks trying to improve, because I'm so bad, maybe it's because I'm playing with Legend difficulty, but every single match I have 70%/80% of possession and I still lose every match by a good margin because every attack from the other team becomes an easy chance to score. It's not only me, there are some problems with how defenders behave, when I attack, the defender just aren't up enough on the field and there is a hole between the midfielders and defenders. Every time the other team take away the ball from me, they just make a long pass and the defender never follow the striker, so he can get the ball easily and made a counterattack. This happens every time and I'm not sure why the defender just stop in its position.
I'm having the same trouble, skipped 12 as well. Sometimes one CPU player walks by three of mine because I'm tackeling air :p

I need to fix my timing. Also, when I use B (xbox) to get the ball I found out my player not just gets the ball but most of the times he also kicks it a few meter away. How can I get the ball without shooting it out of my reach? :p

I think I'm describing the situation really abstract, so I hope somebody understands the meaning of the words above.
Not sure if I understand well, but I think this is normal. It's probably based on position and time.

sun-drop

loving the ps3 demo, really like the new touches added all over the place.

whats up with the vita version though? the ps move stuff is a waste of time ..they shud have used that time to get cross platform ps3 vs vita game play going. at the very least ultimate team progression accross the two

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ok guys so ive got 3 people, including myself, interested in Multiplayer on the PC version, be that 1v1 leagues, online teams etc. Im willing to do the legwork organising the upcoming competitions but i really need a good base of around 10 or so to make this actually work. So short of creating a thread asking for people ill ask here, you can pm me or post in here and invite any friends you know off of gaf who maybe interested. I know there was a few people asking earlier about the pc online scene so lets hope we can get some things going.

ok guys so ive got 3 people, including myself, interested in Multiplayer on the PC version, be that 1v1 leagues, online teams etc. Im willing to do the legwork organising the upcoming competitions but i really need a good base of around 10 or so to make this actually work. So short of creating a thread asking for people ill ask here, you can pm me or post in here and invite any friends you know off of gaf who maybe interested. I know there was a few people asking earlier about the pc online scene so lets hope we can get some things going.

I fixed my stuttering issue now so I am defiantly in! I don't mind playing Pro Clubs or tournaments.

iNvid02

The demo? It's been available for a few days now.

no i mean the season ticket, its like FIFAs battlefield premium, one advantage is that you get the game on PSN/XBL a week early, nothing for PC - not that i would pay for a season ticket to get early access but still lol

I played the demo for about 2 hours, and came to the conclusions that it's basically the same as FIFA 12. There are some minor differences, but it's just slightly tweaked, and most of my complaints from 12 (the refs are idiots, hilarious collisions, bad AI defending) carry over.

I don't know how recent is the demo version, but trust me, the final version is much much different from FIFA 12.

I'm embarrassed to admit since I was one of FIFA 12's initial supporters (till I understood that there was no used to the new defense's tactical disadvantage), but after a few hours with the game, it feels like FIFA 12 was the beta version and this is the final version.

This is the game FIFA 12 was supposed to be.

Messi

I don't know how recent is the demo version, but trust me, the final version is much much different from FIFA 12.

I'm embarrassed to admit since I was one of FIFA 12's initial supporters (till I understood that there was no used to the new defense's tactical disadvantage), but after a few hours with the game, it feels like FIFA 12 was the beta version and this is the final version.

This is the game FIFA 12 was supposed to be.

You have the final game?

I know this is odd of me to ask, but can you check if Pedro on barcelona still has a generic face? :p It annoys me no end. The other was sergio but I see they fixed that.

Other than that. Enjoy the game.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You have the final game?

I know this is odd of me to ask, but can you check if Pedro on barcelona still has a generic face? :p It annoys me no end. The other was sergio but I see they fixed that.

Other than that. Enjoy the game.

Pedro has scanned face, looks great.

Pachimari

Am I the only one who have noticed, the player models look better? I'm not talking about their faces but their body build. They don't look like NFL players and the like anymore.

Why am I so tempted by the season pass?

I mean, it sounds like such an expensive pursuit for a week early access....but it's a week !

Messi

Why am I so tempted by the season pass?

I mean, it sounds like such an expensive pursuit for a week early access....but it's a week !

I got it last year, the week access is awesome and I downloaded, fifa street, madden, tiger, nhl all a week early too. just for fun.

Also got 20% off ultimate team stuff and the Euro expansion (piece of shit btw)

I hope Tello is ridiculously fast on acceleration of the dribble. Should of had Barca on the demo.

I am glad they didnt. I got tired of playing as them in the demo last year (even though I support them lol)

Tello should have pace and very little else, sadly.

I got it last year, the week access is awesome and I downloaded, fifa street, madden, tiger, nhl all a week early too. just for fun.

Also got 20% off ultimate team stuff and the Euro expansion (piece of shit btw)

I am glad they didnt. I got tired of playing as them in the demo last year (even though I support them lol)

Tello should have pace and very little else, sadly.

You got it again this year? I have you on my friends list but I only think we played once last year cause you run out of gold :/

Hargenx

Yeah after play the demo, I think this year is FIFA year again, sorry KONAMI, but old-Konami still in my heart!

Messi

You got it again this year? I have you on my friends list but I only think we played once last year cause you run out of gold :/

I have gold now and my season pass runs out on 26th sept, plenty of time to do FIFA 13 release.

We will play more :)

FIFA 13 | EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue: http://youtu.be/86IWEztLfL8

Btw, anyone up for making the OT? Otherwise I'd be glad to do it again :)

I am praying Barca have a classic kit. Just the logo and stripes no sponsor

Bumhead

Banned
FIFA 13 | EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue: http://youtu.be/86IWEztLfL8

Btw, anyone up for making the OT? Otherwise I'd be glad to do it again :)

I hope the classic kits aren't restricted to the top clubs, although I suspect they will be.

I can count the amount of DLC items I've bought this generation on one hand but I would pay real life cash for some of our old kits. Suspect it'll be limited though this year which is a shame. Maybe something to take forward. Every club in the game should have at least one classic kit.

Messi

I hope the classic kits aren't restricted to the top clubs, although I suspect they will be.

I can count the amount of DLC items I've bought this generation on one hand but I would pay real life cash for some of our old kits. Suspect it'll be limited though this year which is a shame. Maybe something to take forward. Every club in the game should have at least one classic kit.

I'd pay for classic kits, but you know that.

EA let me pay to get the Nou Camp back. I don't care if it's shameful :/

Can someone please give me tips on how to dribble...I am so bad at even just turning. Gameplay is night and day difference between me and what I see on YouTube with others playing :(

I feel like the ball is 10 yards away from me at all times. LT button doesnt really help

Messi

Can someone please give me tips on how to dribble...I am so bad at even just turning. Gameplay is night and day difference between me and what I see on YouTube with others playing :(

I feel like the ball is 10 yards away from me at all times. LT button doesnt really help

Join the club, I am terrible also. I wish I could dribble or do step overs/chops ect at the right time.

Top Bottom