• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 16 |OT| Mind the Pace

Hey, I like the enthusiasm in the commentary, however the music is much louder then the commentary and drowns out your voice.

Thanks, yeah i didn't realise the Music was loud until i watched it back, forgot to turn it down. Got a couple of new vids on there if anyone doesn't mind giving feedback :)

TOTW33

ChDeBRKW4AAG4l4.jpg:large

Hey all, ive been playin fifa for a while (fifa14-15 and now 16) but i never played fifa ultimate team. I recently have been playing ultimate team but i need to know now before I sink another 24 hours into this game....Is this pay-to-win? and is there a point in playing ultimate team if i never plan on buying fifa points? It just fees like the majority of my time and gold is spent on team maintenance (fitness, injuries, contracts etc.) My rating is 77 and chemistry is only 79 but most of the single player seasons/tournaments i can sign up for have crazy requirements i cant fulfill unless i drop every single piece of gold i have on building an entirely new team (ie. chem must be 90 or all silvers in starting 11 etc.) This wasn't always the case, but i feel like after i beat a few of the semi-pro no requirement ones, these ones started popping up. The seasons that have no requirements now are all world class difficulty and my team which is 75% middle eastern players basically ends up getting curb stomped by a buncha world class Brazilians every time. I could just play the amateur tourny over and over but it seems like the gold would mostly get spent maintaining my team with limited progression. Am i missing something? i dont wan't to just jump to conclusions but the difficulty spikes just feel unreal sometimes, was hoping i could get some advice/tips from vets. Anything would be greatly appreciated, at its core i love the ultimate game mode so far, i just don't like how it feels like if i ever want to meaningfully progress in the game i have to drop in real cash. If this isn't the case ill gladly keep at it... like i said, my rating is 77 chem is 79 and i usually have anywhere from 7500-10000 gold with a few things on the transfer market waiting to sell (hopefully).

Hey all, ive been playin fifa for a while (fifa14-15 and now 16) but i never played fifa ultimate team. I recently have been playing ultimate team but i need to know now before I sink another 24 hours into this game....Is this pay-to-win? and is there a point in playing ultimate team if i never plan on buying fifa points? It just fees like the majority of my time and gold is spent on team maintenance (fitness, injuries, contracts etc.) My rating is 77 and chemistry is only 79 but most of the single player seasons/tournaments i can sign up for have crazy requirements i cant fulfill unless i drop every single piece of gold i have on building an entirely new team (ie. chem must be 90 or all silvers in starting 11 etc.) This wasn't always the case, but i feel like after i beat a few of the semi-pro no requirement ones, these ones started popping up. The seasons that have no requirements now are all world class difficulty and my team which is 75% middle eastern players basically ends up getting curb stomped by a buncha world class Brazilians every time. I could just play the amateur tourny over and over but it seems like the gold would mostly get spent maintaining my team with limited progression. Am i missing something? i dont wan't to just jump to conclusions but the difficulty spikes just feel unreal sometimes, was hoping i could get some advice/tips from vets. Anything would be greatly appreciated, at its core i love the ultimate game mode so far, i just don't like how it feels like if i ever want to meaningfully progress in the game i have to drop in real cash. If this isn't the case ill gladly keep at it... like i said, my rating is 77 chem is 79 and i usually have anywhere from 7500-10000 gold with a few things on the transfer market waiting to sell (hopefully).

Is it pay-to-win? Short answer: No, because you can perform pretty well with budget squads.

I would suggest you play seasons as those reward around 300-700 coins per match depending on performance during the match and whether you won or lost.

There are a bunch of guides for cheap starting squads out there that will give you the most bang for your coins.

As you slowly get more coins you can start upgrading them one-by-one.

Coxy100

Banned
Hi guys

Started a new career mode and I've just noticed that I can't sign players who have only just joined their clubs. (e.g. Kante at Leicester)

Can you sign them in the January transfer window? (if so I'm going to save some money!)

GHG

Gold Member
Hi guys

Started a new career mode and I've just noticed that I can't sign players who have only just joined their clubs. (e.g. Kante at Leicester)

Can you sign them in the January transfer window? (if so I'm going to save some money!)

Yeh you should be able to sign anyone you want in Jan.

The rules state that a player can't be transferred more than once during a single window if I'm not mistaken.

Hi All,
Haven't posted here in a while but figured I'd open this up to you guys.

Me and a few friends have basically picked a team and made some transfers to the roster.
For example I've picked Bournemouth - took out all their original players and added my own (real players, no created ones)

The limits we've placed on ourselves it that the first 11 plus 7 subs must not go over a total rating of 1386
Basically 77 average. The lowest rated player you can have is 70 so no putting in a 45 rated to boost up the rest of the team.

Then we play online friendlies with the customised squads and record it in a table the same way regular football does.

If any of you guys want to join our league (currently 3 of us so crying out for more players) then please either reply here or PM me. Alternatively add me to my PSN which is Luvs_2_Squidge

I can explain other rules/conditions better then if you are interested. It really does make the game fun. It's like ultimate team but without the paywall.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if winning the Euro league in career mode gets you into champions cup? It didnt in fifa 15, but im hoping they added it in 16.

NewDust

Somebody can help me out on the following issue?

Previously fifa points cards in store were just wallet top-ups, that than could be used to buy points. Is this still the case? Or Are they now tied to fifa points directly and so can not be used on other things?

Meier

you guys still play? I've been wanting to play FIFA clubs bad but I got no one to play with :/

Yeah, I've been playing with the same core group from GAF for about 5 years now but many have played for longer. We are on PS4 this gen but were X360 last time. If you want to play with us, hit some of us up on Twitter. I'd say we play at least 3 nights a week on average and the games are arranged via Twitter. Usually start around 8:30-9:00 Central and play for 2 hours or so (which is 6 games). A lot of the guys play Overwatch together when not playing FIFA.

Here are some of the club members: @The_Visualizer @roboldfield22 @TrapperKreeper @bigpete3281 @abellwillring @Starfleets @Menel4us @KenPiffyJunior @ccuevas_ @tfisher21

The Visualizer (dude who put up the penalties video) has a ton of highlights on his Youtube from our club (as well as NHL and a few other games he plays).

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Yeah, I've been playing with the same core group from GAF for about 5 years now but many have played for longer. We are on PS4 this gen but were X360 last time. If you want to play with us, hit some of us up on Twitter. I'd say we play at least 3 nights a week on average and the games are arranged via Twitter. Usually start around 8:30-9:00 Central and play for 2 hours or so (which is 6 games). A lot of the guys play Overwatch together when not playing FIFA.

Here are some of the club members: @The_Visualizer @roboldfield22 @TrapperKreeper @bigpete3281 @abellwillring @Starfleets @Menel4us @KenPiffyJunior @ccuevas_ @tfisher21

The Visualizer (dude who put up the penalties video) has a ton of highlights on his Youtube from our club (as well as NHL and a few other games he plays).

cool. i'll try to keep a lookout and maybe convince somebody to let me tag along. I usually do clubs with yall during the first couple weeks of FIFA but always get preoccupied with grad school. I'm about to graduate doe so no more of that fuckery.

Meier

cool. i'll try to keep a lookout and maybe convince somebody to let me tag along. I usually do clubs with yall during the first couple weeks of FIFA but always get preoccupied with grad school. I'm about to graduate doe so no more of that fuckery.

Good to hear (congrats as well)! Most of the new players at release have dropped out over the years but we usually get like 1 person a year who sticks around and joins the regular crew. Definitely just let one of us know and we're game.

Stay focused!

Top Bottom