• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 16 |OT| Mind the Pace

Blablurn

1headerz8aua.jpg

2releasebws7e.jpg

4interludevsx2l.png

3featuresjqyt7.png

5screenshots8bxq8.png

6fut0lxgm.png

7videost5ue7.png

packsjhotqbpb7.png

costagjkre.png

AcridMeat

Banned
Nice! I was wondering where this was. I just pre-ordered on GMG today to save some money.

Unfortunately didn't realize they wouldn't have keys until the 24th (support confirmed after I emailed them), even though I'm in the US and should have it the 22nd. Just a word of warning for anyone looking at that $45 PC deal.

kamandi

Played both Fifa and Pes demos and i will definitely get this one. On top of everything, it is year 2015 and i dont want to play with London FC. Also online modes of FIFA is a huge plus.

Tak3n

Banned
ok, I will put myself up for ridicule....

I had the Digital Super Deluxe for a cracking price for £37, and even I cancelled it after playing early access..if that is what EA call fun then they can keep it...

The common perception is I am a idiot and a cry baby because I can not pace abuse, but in reality having never played Fifa 15 I dont see how I am...this game is what I would call a 'swarm' game, you get the ball and suddenly you are swarmed, it is like paying ping pong, constant interceptions, and I mean constant. people are arguing it is realistic, I would say it is not as no where do you see the ball bouncing constantly between the two teams. The game is now all about strength and I dont see how that is any different to the famous pace abuse?

I am sorry EA IMO have dropped the ball on this one, I will say against the computer (on anything but world class) it is fairly ok, as they dont swarm you as soon as the ball is in the pass move, but if you want to know what it is like online, try World Class, and if like me you think Fuck that, then you will know how the game plays

They took last year exploits and nerfed them it seems (according to the EA forums) but then this year exploits is the power pass with strength and control, the game needs to be balanced approach, I dont understand why the switch from one extreme to another

KurtFehl

Why?

Also, nice OT, lol at that Play Beautiful + Costa :D

I've never been bothered by graphics, but I was extremely disappointed that I have it completely maxed out
(First time on PC) and I feel like it doesn't look good. The only real attention paid is to the actual player models. Even the reserves look horrible. I'm talking about the pc version of course.

And I just feel like it has been the same thing year after year. Just to be clear, I've played FIFA since 2005. Does Origin take refunds? Lol.

I was extremely disappointed. I even felt the gameplay was the exact same thing.

I just want to iterate that these are my personal opinions... Please don't eat me alive.

cripterion

I've never been bothered by graphics, but I was extremely disappointed that I have it completely maxed out
(First time on PC) and I feel like it doesn't look good. The only real attention paid is to the actual player models. Even the reserves look horrible. I'm talking about the pc version of course.

And I just feel like it has been the same thing year after year. Just to be clear, I've played FIFA since 2005. Does Origin take refunds? Lol.

I was extremely disappointed. I even felt the gameplay was the exact same thing.

I just want to iterate that these are my personal opinions... Please don't eat me alive.

You already have the game on pc?

I thought this was releasing at earliest tomorrow?

Kazdane

Gold Member
You already have the game on pc?

I thought this was releasing at earliest tomorrow?

It has released on some areas already (and others are unlocking it via VPN).

Origin does take refunds yeah. FIFA has the "great game" guarantee. Or whatever it is called :) Graphically is the same than current-gen consoles on PC, so in that sense, you don't really improve anything by moving over to PC.

cripterion

Yes sir, I have the game on PC. I don't know about tomorrow? I have it NOW! Released at midnight for me.

Lucky!

Waiting for my key and It will take time to download here.

You honestly don't feel the difference between last year's game and this? Just playing the demo I was pleasantly satisfied with the variety of ways I could score and several saves the goalkeepers could do.
Also I always thought PES was more pleasant to look like because of their models looked less like clay dolls, but this year's FIFA is superior imo, except for a couple of faces of course. Presentation is definitely on point.

KurtFehl

It has released on some areas already (and others are unlocking it via VPN).

Origin does take refunds yeah. FIFA has the "great game" guarantee. Or whatever it is called :) Graphically is the same than current-gen consoles on PC, so in that sense, you don't really improve anything by moving over to PC.

I'm not comparing consoles to PC. More-so the game itself doesn't improve graphically. The only attention to detail the game gets is the 22 players on the field and the referee. Everything else does not and it bothers me the difference in quity. It isn't like it's in the background which is in your peripheral vision or something. It is right there in your face. How hard can it be for a game that isn't as taxing to look like that? There are much bigger games that do it better.

Lucky!

Waiting for my key and It will take time to download here.

You honestly don't feel the difference between last year's game and this? Just playing the demo I was pleasantly satisfied with the variety of ways I could score and several saves the goalkeepers could do.
Also I always thought PES was more pleasant to look like because of their models looked less like clay dolls, but this year's FIFA is superior imo, except for a couple of faces of course. Presentation is definitely on point.
I really don't. Sorry. On the review thread users were saying that the demo plays differently than the final game. So you'll have to judge the actual game for yourself. I feel like it is the exact same thing.

Edit: I think it is about time I retired from FIFA for good. I keep making the same mistake for the last couple of years just thinking it'll improve.

Honestly, look at the difference in quality between GTA IV and GTA V. It's huge! FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 has barely any difference.

Remember, these are my personal opinions. Want to reiterate that.

dreamfall

Might pick it up tomorrow. One of the first years since maybe Winning Eleven 8 that I am questioning my FIFA allegiance. I really loved the Pro Evo demo this year, but I know my brother will not go for it. The presentation and familiarity are always a plus, the inclusion of the Women's teams is really cool and I hope I'll have more time to really dig into the new mechanics.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Great OT! You're the master of football games around here now.

I've played this on PC last night, half of it FUT draft, half Pro Clubs. Pro Clubs are pretty much more of the same with the mention that the AI keepers seem to be less stupid this time around. But it's still early to call that.

I really like FUT draft, I think it's a great direction for FUT to go away from the mess it has become. I had very balanced games until now, defenders can really keep up with the fast attackers more often than not, there are much more intercepted passes and I like the focus on the build up play. Defenders seem to react also quite well to the long balls over the defense. I'm quite happy with the keepers (which were my main complain in FIFA 15 after I learnt how to deal with long ball spammers) for now, but I'm still wary about this one. Seeing how PES fucked up the keepers it will be a shock if FIFA manages it better this time around.

Nice job on the OT on short notice

I really like how the A.I. plays in offline Kickoff mode. They seem to build up more carefully now which makes it look like a real game of football.

Ive read on OS that teams seem to play different styles as well which should really spice up all of the offline modes, specifically manager mode.

cormack12

Gold Member
Do EA still provide that online editing where players could create old teams and then you could download them?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Happy FIFA Day!! My most played game and easily my favorite game. Looking forward to trying out the new defensive strategies.

Messi

What is with the performance going to shit when it is raining at the Nou Camp? Less so at different stadiums but still bad.

Beefy

Played a few games on the demo and I liked it. Hopefully they won't patch it too much before it releases. The game feels much harder then 15 and the defence can actually defend. I am glad EA have made pace less of a thing.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm really enjoying this atm (online).

Takes some getting used to but it's miles better.

Playing against the AI is a form of torture though.

volgihn

The game still feels way too slow for my liking. Lobbed through balls seem to be useless this time around. Someone get around to making a Pro Clubs thread for xbox one. If anyone is interested in getting some matches in add me, My Gamertag is Volgihn.

I've mostly enjoyed my time so far but have only played pro clubs. Love as a defender on clubs I can use my strength to push the small fast players off the ball. It's been a while since I've been able to do that. The shooting feels a bit off but I'll give it a couple of weeks to get used to it. Passing is improved now you can't just make blind passes and they be stupidly accurate!

Edit: I think it is about time I retired from FIFA for good. I keep making the same mistake for the last couple of years just thinking it'll improve.

Honestly, look at the difference in quality between GTA IV and GTA V. It's huge! FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 has barely any difference.

Remember, these are my personal opinions. Want to reiterate that.

I know I'm a bit of a FIFA fan boy but this is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Of course GTA IV to V had a bigger graphical difference. It had a 4/5 year development and one of the biggest budgets in the history of video games. FIFA is made every year by the same team and on no where near the same budget.

Lashley

Playing against the AI is outstanding. Easily up there with the best AI battles from PES' heyday. Challenge != torture.
Yeah running around trying to get the ball as they pass it along the back 4 in the 30th minute is outstanding

Yeah running around trying to get the ball as they pass it along the back 4 in the 30th minute is outstanding

Yea cuz that never happens in a real football match, right? Drop the difficulty if you feel the need to dispossess the CPU more easily or stop chasing the ball that far up the field as often.

The A.I. is much improved on both sides of the ball and Ive enjoyed the new challenges that it presents so far after a few offline games.

I hope you find the outstanding play you are looking for online.

Lashley

Yea cuz that never happens in a real football match, right? Drop the difficulty if you feel the need to dispossess the CPU more easily or stop chasing the ball that far up the field as often.

The A.I. is much improved on both sides of the ball and Ive enjoyed the new challenges that it presents so far after a few offline games.

I hope you find the outstanding play you are looking for online.
AI are better than last year but why would I drop the difficulty? It's not realistic for them to pass around the box in the 30th minute until half time. And no, that doesn't happen in real life.

I'd hope I find it too. But it's not going to happen online, is it? I'm a FIFA fanboy but I can still admit it's faults.

Picking up my copy today. I bought Pro Evo last week so I should get a chance to compare the two. Excited to get my manager mode going with a team from Football League 2 and try and work my way up to the BPL.

The game still feels way too slow for my liking. Lobbed through balls seem to be useless this time around. Someone get around to making a Pro Clubs thread for xbox one. If anyone is interested in getting some matches in add me, My Gamertag is Volgihn.
slow plus plus passing is artificially botched to make your players make the most stupid of mistakes

it's just not fun to play. for my ultimate team I just put Giovinco up top with 90 pace and just dribble it in or hope for a header and I'm already up 2 divisions. if you try anything pretty you will get fucked because how dumb your players are. it's just ......Boring

CanaryRob

AI are better than last year but why would I drop the difficulty? It's not realistic for them to pass around the box in the 30th minute until half time. And no, that doesn't happen in real life.

It does happen and it's done typically to reduce the pace of the game and/or draw out a team from their half. Chris Hughton at Norwich loved this method of play 2 seasons ago. Ended up with Norwich having an awful goals for total and were eventually relegated.

If it's happening in every game then yeah, that's not great. But if certain teams are employing it based upon your team selection and play then I'd say that's a rather neat feature. Never felt like FIFA went that in-depth. Every team tended to play the same, with the occasional super human AI thrown into the mix.

KurtFehl

I've mostly enjoyed my time so far but have only played pro clubs. Love as a defender on clubs I can use my strength to push the small fast players off the ball. It's been a while since I've been able to do that. The shooting feels a bit off but I'll give it a couple of weeks to get used to it. Passing is improved now you can't just make blind passes and they be stupidly accurate!

I know I'm a bit of a FIFA fan boy but this is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Of course GTA IV to V had a bigger graphical difference. It had a 4/5 year development and one of the biggest budgets in the history of video games. FIFA is made every year by the same team and on no where near the same budget.

I don't think it's stupid. Alot of people have suggested that they should release one every 2 years and in the year between have an update for the roosters. Look, it bothers ME how different the actual models look from the substitutes just outside the field. Also, I didn't notice, but does the field deteriorate as you play?

Feeroper

It has been a while since I have played a soccer game, but I am considering picking this one up this year.

Is there any reason to get this game on one console over the other? I know they both look the same and perform the same.

I have both PS4 and XB1, friends on each platform that will play this so no preferance there, and both controllers are to my liking.

How are the online communities and online performance between the 2 platforms generally? (the FIFA series in general, I know 16 just came out)
Is there an obvious stronger platform between PS4 and XB1 for online play?

I know XB1 has the exclusive Legends thing, although I dont know what that is - is it enough to warrant that version over PS4 version?

My first inclination was to go PS4, but now Im not so sure. If possible, any opionions would be much appreciated! I'd like to pick it up after work today if possible.

It has been a while since I have played a soccer game, but I am considering picking this one up this year.

Is there any reason to get this game on one console over the other? I know they both look the same and perform the same.

I have both PS4 and XB1, friends on each platform that will play this so no preferance there, and both controllers are to my liking.

How are the online communities and online performance between the 2 platforms generally? (the FIFA series in general, I know 16 just came out)
Is there an obvious stronger platform between PS4 and XB1 for online play?

I know XB1 has the exclusive Legends thing, although I dont know what that is - is it enough to warrant that version over PS4 version?

My first inclination was to go PS4, but now Im not so sure. If possible, any opionions would be much appreciated! I'd like to pick it up after work today if possible.

If you have a PS4 go for the PS4 version.
FIFA's PS4 and XB1 version have identical visuals, but XB1 has a little more FUT content.
PES's PS4 version is vastly superior both visual and feature wise, it runs at 1080p and has custom kits and option file import

jonno394

I'm picking this up for online Clubs, which is really disheartening when you realise EA cares not for Clubs fans and only the sweet green of Ultimate Team.

Plasma

Banned
slow plus plus passing is artificially botched to make your players make the most stupid of mistakes

it's just not fun to play. for my ultimate team I just put Giovinco up top with 90 pace and just dribble it in or hope for a header and I'm already up 2 divisions. if you try anything pretty you will get fucked because how dumb your players are. it's just ......Boring

Well there's your problem he's like 5 feet tall.

Top Bottom