• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 16 |OT| Mind the Pace

Feeroper

I'm picking this up for online Clubs, which is really disheartening when you realise EA cares not for Clubs fans and only the sweet green of Ultimate Team.

Does FIFA 16 have online clubs similar to the NHL series EASHL? I dont recall the FIFA series having this when I last played a FIFA game.

I don't think it's stupid. Alot of people have suggested that they should release one every 2 years and in the year between have an update for the roosters. Look, it bothers ME how different the actual models look from the substitutes just outside the field. Also, I didn't notice, but does the field deteriorate as you play?

They clearly can't do one every two years because of licensing. If they did take a break for a year I would much rather them do some work on modes they neglect like both Manager and Player Carrer modes and pro clubs. The graphics I would say are pretty fucking good. The face scanning tech they've got is fantastic and they've done work on the pitch for next gen like you said. I don't see what much they can do with the graphics if they also want to keep the 60fps which they need for sure. There is still drops on Xbox one when you watch some replays.

Double D

Got it at midnight and played a bit. I like the gameplay, but got disconnected after winning the second game of the offline draft. It registered as a loss and so my prize only reflected that. This happened to me quite a bit on 15 (with tournaments) but those didn't have a real money entrance fee and I was able to just replay that game. Didn't count as a loss.

If this happens frequently with the draft this is going to suck.

Feeroper

Since FIFA 09.

Well - I guess its been a while since I've played a FIFA game.

Now just need to decide if I want this for XB1 or PS4. Seeing as PS4 has a bigger install base, I would guess that it its online base is bigger, but EA does alot of promotion with XB1 as well through its advertising and EA Access, and its not like the XB1 install base is small potatoes anyhow.

I don't think it's stupid. Alot of people have suggested that they should release one every 2 years and in the year between have an update for the roosters. Look, it bothers ME how different the actual models look from the substitutes just outside the field. Also, I didn't notice, but does the field deteriorate as you play?

They clearly can't do one every two years because of licensing. If they did take a break for a year I would much rather them do some work on modes they neglect like both Manager and Player Carrer modes and pro clubs. The graphics I would say are pretty fucking good. The face scanning tech they've got is fantastic and they've done work on the pitch for next gen like you said. I don't see what much they can do with the graphics if they also want to keep the 60fps which they need for sure. There is still drops on Xbox one when you watch some replays.

Exactly this. It's one of the reasons that you'll see Madden and NBA 2K every year. Part of having a license from a league is that you have to ship a product every year and they have a date that the game must be out by. NBA Live 14 for example go pushed back to the latest possible day that the NBA would allow them to release. They could forgo the release though and just make 15 because the licensing deal said they have to launch a game. Until EA or another other company can convince the licensing body that they'd be better served with releasing every 2 years, it's not going to change (and quite frankly why would FIFA change the model when they are selling 8 million copies of FIFA every year? Not like if they skipped FIFA 17 that FIFA 18 would sell 16 million copies to make up for the year they took off.)

Exactly this. It's one of the reasons that you'll see Madden and NBA 2K every year. Part of having a license from a league is that you have to ship a product every year and they have a date that the game must be out by. NBA Live 14 for example go pushed back to the latest possible day that the NBA would allow them to release. They could forgo the release though and just make 15 because the licensing deal said they have to launch a game. Until EA or another other company can convince the licensing body that they'd be better served with releasing every 2 years, it's not going to change (and quite frankly why would FIFA change the model when they are selling 8 million copies of FIFA every year? Not like if they skipped FIFA 17 that FIFA 18 would sell 16 million copies to make up for the year they took off.)
They should double workforce.

Cut on profits and invest in a better game.

Lol, right? xD

RAIDEN1

So in a straight out shoot-out who would win, PES or FiFA? I am considering getting this latest iteration as I have always done in the past few years, but PES is also on the radar as well..(on an unrelated note I was always a fan of ISS on N64!!)

Hasney

So in a straight out shoot-out who would win, PES or FiFA? I am considering getting this latest iteration as I have always done in the past few years, but PES is also on the radar as well..(on an unrelated note I was always a fan of ISS on N64!!)

They both have pros and cons. Grab the demos and remember that FIFA full version is faster than the demo and make up your own mind. Think this is the first year in a long while they both feel on top form.

I have found PES to be a bit too arcady to my liking... however it is fun as hell to play. If you like it to be a bit more on the sim side, I would go with Fifa. In terms of teams and license's... Fifa wins hands down! You can edit on the PS4 version of PES, but it is still a bit of extra work, and a tad confusing unless you have experience in doing it.

Syder

I played the demo on PC after having not owned a FIFA game since 2013. Is it meant to feel like all the players are running through treacle? I know these games go in cycles of focusing on different aspects of the game being superior to others. 'This year it's about pace. This year it's about strength.' This game just doesn't play well from what little I've experienced so far.

RAIDEN1

So the FIFA demo I've got on the PS4 is not a true representation of the final game (yeah I know probably isn't meant to be,,,) but the fact that you have to fiddle about with the teams on Pro Evo can maybe be a bit of a chore, looks like Fifa it just maybe.....

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The salt from the people who can't just throw long balls over the defence and run over and over again is really funny. You have to actually play some football now, like passing and defending, boring stuff, yeah.

cyber_ninja

After playing both demos for quite some time I decided to go with Fifa. Just picked up my copy and excited to play it later on tonight. Last year I bought Pes first, but sold it afterwards and got Fifa. I really love the presentation in Fifa and find it more immersive than Pes, which is a big deal in my book.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
All paid for, downloaded, and ready to go. Sucks that the UK and Europe have to wait two extra days than the US. Bizarre, really.

All paid for, downloaded, and ready to go. Sucks that the UK and Europe have to wait two extra days than the US. Bizarre, really.

Not really bizarre, games are out Tuesdays in the US, Friday in the UK and iirc Thursdays on the continent. That's when games are released, for logistic, cultural and historical reasons.

FIFA releases aren't big enough spectacles to warrant simultaneous launches.

So the FIFA demo I've got on the PS4 is not a true representation of the final game (yeah I know probably isn't meant to be,,,) but the fact that you have to fiddle about with the teams on Pro Evo can maybe be a bit of a chore, looks like Fifa it just maybe.....

If you mean adding the kits/emblems too Pro Evo then it really is easy on the ps4 to be fair, Just download them too you usb, Then import them from the usb to the PS4. Not hard at all and totally worth it.

I always get both Pro evo/Fifa as i cant just play 1 football game all year round.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I didn't get to participate much in clubs last year. Are ya'll going to get it started on the PS4 again this year?

Read the review from IGN and was surprised to see that they didn't like the game, they even said FIFA is dethroned (I don't mind this as I like PES too). I loved the demo. Will get the game soon.

Tubie

The salt from the people who can't just throw long balls over the defence and run over and over again is really funny. You have to actually play some football now, like passing and defending, boring stuff, yeah.

This is what I love the most about 16 so far.

moai

So does anyone find that the catalogue is lacking? It seems it has less items than fifa 15.

Bumhead

Banned
Not really bizarre, games are out Tuesdays in the US, Friday in the UK and iirc Thursdays on the continent. That's when games are released, for logistic, cultural and historical reasons.

FIFA releases aren't big enough spectacles to warrant simultaneous launches.

You joking?

Sells absolutley gangbusters every single year, across regions. Midnight openings across the UK. Individual retailers buying TV advertising space to say "Hey! Buy it from us!". Saw an advert from Amazon for it earlier and a couple of supermarkets near me have big signs up advertising it on sale this week.

Plenty of games that garner a minuscule percentage of FIFA's attention and sales power launch simultaneous with the U.S. on Tuesday's these days. It's definitely become more popular to do so. I've no idea why EA doesn't, but FIFA not being a big enough deal to warrant doing so is hilariously wrong.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I have found PES to be a bit too arcady to my liking... however it is fun as hell to play. If you like it to be a bit more on the sim side, I would go with Fifa. In terms of teams and license's... Fifa wins hands down! You can edit on the PS4 version of PES, but it is still a bit of extra work, and a tad confusing unless you have experience in doing it.

I couldnt disagree more, FIFA is way more arcadey, feels much more like a videogame than a soccer game

So how does playing with the female teams feel like? I read its not just a re-skin of the male game but I don't get what the difference is.

So how does playing with the female teams feel like? I read its not just a re-skin of the male game but I don't get what the difference is.

They definitely play differently, and their goalies don't seem as tall, so it seems like sometimes you can shoot goals that the male goalies would've otherwise jumped for.

Someone better at explaining this kinda stuff can explain the intricacies to the female gameplay. But other then mechanical differences, it is cool to be able to play as the women's international teams, for sure. I definitely wanted to play a few rounds when the US won the world cup a few months ago.

If you put a loan player in your subs does it count toward their game count?

EDIT: The answer is no. Just played a game with Loan Messi on the bench and he still has 5 games on him.

1337Sauce

So are the servers completely destroyed right now or is it just me? Can't seem to stay connected to Ultimate Team long enough to set up my team!

So are the servers completely destroyed right now or is it just me? Can't seem to stay connected to Ultimate Team long enough to set up my team!

I've been on and doing a bunch of trading just fine and set up my first squad as well. Just finished my first game before posting this and it was a bit laggy, but I don't want to necessarily blame EA just yet, it could've been the other guy...even though he had 3 bars.

ACE 1991

Any good guides for Ultimate Team for someone who knows very little about football and hasn't really played FIFA? Got 16 in a PS4 bundle.

Double D

Played a few more games and its disconnecting after every game. Can't finish a single game in any UT mode. This is pretty fucked up.

seabass0

So I just bought FIFA 16, my first ever football game. I've been really getting into the sport over the last 3 years or so and decided to see what all the fuss was about with the most popular video game on the planet.

Really enjoying myself so far. One question though... Can I play a full season with a single Premier League team? Seems like I can only do tournaments, or My Career mode where I just focus on training my one character. I just want to be able to play a full season with Everton from beginning to end.

slash3584

So I just bought FIFA 16, my first ever football game. I've been really getting into the sport over the last 3 years or so and decided to see what all the fuss was about with the most popular video game on the planet.

Really enjoying myself so far. One question though... Can I play a full season with a single Premier League team? Seems like I can only do tournaments, or My Career mode where I just focus on training my one character. I just want to be able to play a full season with Everton from beginning to end.

The last FIFA game I played was FIFA 14 but I think there's a mode called Be a Manager that's like My Career but instead of a player you're the manager.

Nyx

MyCareer as a manager instead of a player does the trick. (you can still play the games yourself)

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Why do the player's heads have such weird proportions to them, and where the hell is Memphis Depay? There's someone wearing a Memphis jersey running around the pitch, but it ain't him. Also, when are they going to get off of their asses and add anything of substance to the Be a Pro mode?

Top Bottom