• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 16 |OT| Mind the Pace

How's the online on this so far? Not sure whether or not to get it, the scripting/momentum was horrendous last year.

Fine by me
Still laggy at pro clubs
Ok at seasons and UT

The scripting/momentum will be the same as 15, EA can deny as much as they want, but the rubber-band/handicap is there as always, specially if you are not the host, your team will be slower and have less reaction than your opponent.
Overall its good, better than most online play (much better than konami servers for PES)

I must say that im in Brazil and our internet sucks (mine is fine 50Mbits down, 5Mbits and quite stable, unlike most ppl around here) , also I don't trust EA server around here, it's probably better at North America/Europe

Metfanant

very early impressions...have only played the first 3 games of my career mode preseason tournament as Milan...

first and foremost, I found the game to be exponentially more difficult than FIFA 15...I dont consider myself to be a great player, probably just a little above average, and im playing on Professional..

First game out of the gate I was absolutely DOMINATED by Liverpool...I think I had about 30% possession and they were 1 touch passing the ball around like Barca all hopped up on cocaine...it was brutal...i caught them on the counter a couple times and won the game, but good lord...i was absolutely dominated..Diego Lopez played out of his mind lol...

I definitely have to change my play style from 15...ive still be able to pull off some long lofted through balls...and someone like El Shaarawy (who only costs a million to bring back from loan btw so its like a free transfer for Milan) can def still beat defenders with pace...but you absolutely need to use your build up play from the midfield the majority of the time..

I will say that it seems like the CPU can one touch laser pass the ball all over the place, while my players seem MUCH more likely to play garbage passes, or give the ball away with bad touches. The CPU defenders can swarm your players VERY quickly, and i hate that my fellow defenders refuse to even mark the opposing team.

So far, I've enjoyed the game...i like the idea of the preseason tournaments instead of random friendlies...its a little too early to pass final judgement obviously, but im enjoying it so far...

Sample size is also too small, but I will say that either there COULD be a bug with injuries...or ive got shit luck...

I found my players getting injured A LOT in 15...so i always turned down the frequency of injuries quite a bit. So out of habit i did it before starting my career...turned it down from 50 to 20, and had two big time injuries in first two games...one broken tibia, and a broken arm i believe...could be completely random, but it seemed fishy at first glance

Bought it from the US Store but FIFA points aren't showing up as an option (I'm assuming because I'm playing on my UK account which has PS+). How can I buy them for use on my account?

CoolOff

Is FUT Draft only giving you gold players with the occasional silver option like in the demo? I would love to be able to limit it to a silver or a bronze draft and play other players from the same tier.

Tc91

Bought it from the US Store but FIFA points aren't showing up as an option (I'm assuming because I'm playing on my UK account which has PS+). How can I buy them for use on my account?

If I remember from FIFA 15 you can't, that's 1 of the reasons why I didn't do it that way this year. Need to have a dabble on packs.

Yaari

Is FUT Draft only giving you gold players with the occasional silver option like in the demo? I would love to be able to limit it to a silver or a bronze draft and play other players from the same tier.

Yeah, gold and the occasional silver. It has not changed.

You would need to buy them from the US store then. But I don't know if they would even show on your UK account. I never tried that with game currency. It would not surprise me if stuff like that is account bound.

Might be difficult.

Meier

Played 10 games of Clubs with the Gentle Lovers last night. There's some major adjustment necessary to be sure -- the passing in particular is incredibly frustrating but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Player stamina (even when not using sprint much) seems to be fairly miserable, but that is probably just due to the lower stamina of going from a 90 to an 83. Still got my FKs though.. 1st attempt from 31 yards out. Beauty.

ACE 1991

Can someone give me some guidance as someone very new to FIFA? What? League/club should I start as, how should I be building my squad, should I just jump right into online play? Referring to Ultimate Team here.

Moozo

Can someone give me some guidance as someone very new to FIFA? What? League/club should I start as, how should I be building my squad, should I just jump right into online play? Referring to Ultimate Team here.

BPL players are massively expensive. Italian Serie A is a good place to start, or Agentinian players.
Play a few single player matches/tournaments to get some coins and build chemistry before heading online.

Lupercal

Banned
Near post is still OP as hell and the defender intercepts oh god! Can't make a pass more than 10 feet or he'll either shoot it at the opponent or a defender will come to intercept.

Except when it's a 30 yard through ball because no one will touch it.
Ugh, early impressions aren't great but I'll give it more time.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I bought the disc version of the PS4 deluxe version and redeemed all of my gold pack codes. However, I forgot how loud the disc drive is on my ps4 while playing FIFA and was thinking of selling my disc and buying the digital version. Just to confirm, all of my bonuses are tied to my EA Account, right? Also, anyone know if the disc version stutters more than digital? It seemed to get hung up at times last night and correlated with the disc being accessed.

This week's TOTW.
CPl9Bi2WwAAGFHH.png:orig

I bought the disc version of the PS4 deluxe version and redeemed all of my gold pack codes. However, I forgot how loud the disc drive is on my ps4 while playing FIFA and was thinking of selling my disc and buying the digital version. Just to confirm, all of my bonuses are tied to my EA Account, right? Also, anyone know if the disc version stutters more than digital? It seemed to get hung up at times last night and correlated with the disc being accessed.

Once you redeem the code it is tied with your PlayStation account (which is also tied with your Origin account), so you should be able to play the digital version just fine.

Rush_Khan

I don't have the game yet (will stay up tonight, though). Does anyone know if custom tactics can be saved in Ultimate Team? I remember having to redo all of the tactics after starting the game up in Fifa 15.

Plasma

Banned
Not from Amazon, I ordered through Simplygames it got dispatched yesterday morning for delivery today but Royal Mail have tweeted saying they won't be delivering any copies before release day tomorrow.

Postman posted a single letter :(

I didn't get mine either bit annoying really I was going to cancel it on Monday anyway and just buy it off the US PSN but they wouldn't let me because it was marked for dispatch but it turns out they probably didn't send it out until today. They're a bit iffy about deliveries sometimes I've got MGSV and Splatoon super early but I've also had a bunch of games turn up the day of release and one the day after release.

Tc91

I didn't get mine either bit annoying really I was going to cancel it on Monday anyway and just buy it off the US PSN but they wouldn't let me because it was marked for dispatch but it turns out they probably didn't send it out until today. They're a bit iffy about deliveries sometimes I've got MGSV and Splatoon super early but I've also had a bunch of games turn up the day of release and one the day after release.

I'm thinking that too, apparently people got their copies from Shopto yesterday/today. I also got MGS early, 5 days early.

I'm tempted to buy it off the PSN store, deluxe edition as I'd probably end up spending £25 on packs anyway.

Pac3y

Interested in the opinions of people coming from PES16 to FIFA16 - Mainly if you're to choose just the one which one?

What time does the game release in the Europe? It seems like the market is being flooded again. I would not be surprised if the game just released and people are cracking packs like crazy right now.

Interested in the opinions of people coming from PES16 to FIFA16 - Mainly if you're to choose just the one which one?

I have both and I think I prefer FIFA, at least right now. I like that FIFA has more leagues because they way I like to play manager mode is take a Football League 1 or 2 team and try to work my way all the way up to the BPL. Also as of now PES doesn't have the updated summer transfers (I think it might be coming sometime this week), and goalkeepers are currently broken online as they don't seem to save anything.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What time does the game release in the Europe? It seems like the market is being flooded again. I would not be surprised if the game just released and people are cracking packs like crazy right now.

Midnight

Enjoying offline more than online again this year. Getting the hang of the game. At least the CPU is hard opposition too, dread losing possession haha

Pac3y

I have both and I think I prefer FIFA, at least right now. I like that FIFA has more leagues because they way I like to play manager mode is take a Football League 1 or 2 team and try to work my way all the way up to the BPL. Also as of now PES doesn't have the updated summer transfers (I think it might be coming sometime this week), and goalkeepers are currently broken online as they don't seem to save anything.

Yeah good point on leagues, my team (Sheffield Utd) isn't even in PES due to this. So many pros and cons to both it's pretty difficult to just choose the one.

thenameDS

Not from Amazon, I ordered through Simplygames it got dispatched yesterday morning for delivery today but Royal Mail have tweeted saying they won't be delivering any copies before release day tomorrow.

Postman posted a single letter :(

Really dodgy stuff, mine got shipped yesterday morning too and I was expecting it to come today. But that explains it.

How do they know what's inside the package? I doubt SimplyGames told them to hold until release day..

alterno69

Banned
I want to give this a fair shot but, after playing two matches on the EA access trial and severam in the demo i think it's terrible. Sure the leagues and license stuff is nice but i just hate how it plays.

AcridMeat

Banned
The pictures of the players are going to be different then their regular cards as well. I believe it'll be a picture from the game that earned them the IF spot.
I like that addition a lot, but it doesn't seem to be in for FUT draft.

Speaking of which, this is the team I ended up with on my free run. It was my first proper games of 16 so I went with professional and got the 4 (max) wins. My rewards were a jumbo premium gold pack and a gold pack. I got 1 rare gold (a 75 rated) between the two. Best was a 79. Every other rare gold were position changes or staff.
Keeper was Leno.

I hope this means that i can finally get cheaper players at UT in Fifa 15

Well they're making a lot of strides in the right direction to eliminate coin glitching, which should slow down coin buyers.

So we'll just have to wait and see where we end up in a few weeks. I'm definitely hopeful though.

sneaky77

Played 10 games of Clubs with the Gentle Lovers last night. There's some major adjustment necessary to be sure -- the passing in particular is incredibly frustrating but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Player stamina (even when not using sprint much) seems to be fairly miserable, but that is probably just due to the lower stamina of going from a 90 to an 83. Still got my FKs though.. 1st attempt from 31 yards out. Beauty.

Considering how bad the stamina was last yr that it didn't affect anything, I consider that a good thing, we may actually need to be more organized when playing clubs this yr instead of running all over the place and passing long passes all the time

You joking?

Sells absolutley gangbusters every single year, across regions. Midnight openings across the UK. Individual retailers buying TV advertising space to say "Hey! Buy it from us!". Saw an advert from Amazon for it earlier and a couple of supermarkets near me have big signs up advertising it on sale this week.

Plenty of games that garner a minuscule percentage of FIFA's attention and sales power launch simultaneous with the U.S. on Tuesday's these days. It's definitely become more popular to do so. I've no idea why EA doesn't, but FIFA not being a big enough deal to warrant doing so is hilariously wrong.

Nah mate. It's not a big deal at all. It's an annual release that sells a lot, but there certainly aren't queues around the street and mass media coverage every year. Think about when a new Halo game comes out, or a new GTA game. That's the sort of thing that warrants an abnormal simultaneous release.

Midnight launches happen for every game nowadays.

Top Bottom