• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 16 |OT| Mind the Pace

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Best way to hold off players as I wait for team mates to become open for a pass?

I've tried LT and LB and I just get powered off the ball easily.

Even harder against actual human opponents

Bumhead

Banned
Really not sure on the single player at all this year.

Online is a different story. This might be my favourite FIFA to play online of the lot. Every single match I've had has been amazing. As a 3 and a half star Championship team, I've been impressed with how easy it is to find games too. Played against Aberdeen, a couple of Bundesliga teams, as well as West Ham and Leicester. Lost 4-2 in the Leicester game but it was an absolutley incredible match.

This might be the first FIFA where online becomes my bread and butter.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I'm so pissed right now. Louis Van Gaal loaned my be a pro out to Bolton right off the bat. Whatever, it gives the kid some first team play, and a chance to come back to United the year after more mature. So I do everything they ask me to, and on top of that we end up winning the league, gain promotion, and I earn the golden boot. I'm so delighted to be coming back to United after such a strong season.

LVG has to give me a starting 11 spot, or at the very least, allow me to come off of the bench...right? Nope. Apparently, Bolton did some shady shit because here I am at the start of the new season, and I am no longer on loan but now a permanent member of their team. I know the management love me, and that the Bolton fans adore me; but fuck if I want to play for Bolton. I was never told they had an option to buy after the loan :(

stay gold

I don't want to buy any packs until EA releases some all rare player packs or something. Right now it seems like you have to get really lucky to pack something good.

Benefit of buying packs now is everyone half decent has inflated value. I got Griezmann this morning and sold him for 35k, I imagine he'll be worth about 5k in a few weeks.

Lashley

I'm so pissed right now. Louis Van Gaal loaned my be a pro out to Bolton right off the bat. Whatever, it gives the kid some first team play, and a chance to come back to United the year after more mature. So I do everything they ask me to, and on top of that we end up winning the league, gain promotion, and I earn the golden boot. I'm so delighted to be coming back to United after such a strong season.

LVG has to give me a starting 11 spot, or at the very least, allow me to come off of the bench...right? Nope. Apparently, Bolton did some shady shit because here I am at the start of the new season, and I am no longer on loan but now a permanent member of their team. I know the management love me, and that the Bolton fans adore me; but fuck if I want to play for Bolton. I was never told they had an option to buy after the loan :(

When would a player start for Utd after a successful loan move to Bolton though?

lol

Rush_Khan

This right here is why no one will be playing Any in Pro Clubs this year, and I love it.
Sorry, I play Seasons and FUT so don't know what you're talking about. The cursors turning yellow when players are low on stamina makes this game borderline unplayable with a guest as no one knows which player they switch to near the end of a game. They better patch this out.

Peterpan

Playing pro club with randoms is pure torture, don't do it. I wish FIFA didn't allow people to just spam the pass button, so they can ask the ball from the computer every single time. Why not get into good positions that way the PC decides if it wants to pass to you, instead we got headless chickens spamming the pass button.

Metfanant

Question for the career mode guys...is the training growth IN ADDITION to the normal growth players show throughout the season as a supplement?...or has growth rate been slowed and you have to make up for it with training?

I'm finding this one bloody hard going. I play on world class and have lost the last 5 games fairly convincingly. The passing is wayward for me, yet even teams like Huddersfield are keeping the ball like Barca at their peak.

It's the complete opposite of PES16 in which it is almost too easy to rack up cricket scores. I'm struggling to create much and the vast majority of my goals have been free kicks or corners, or scrappy rebounds.

I can feel there is a really good game here, and there are lots of great presentational touches, but it's going to take some getting used to.

I don't play on World Class (professional here), but I will give you the suggestion that made the ABSOLUTE biggest difference in my results...

DO NOT under almost ANY circumstance press the ball when on defense...lay back, move around in the passing lanes...any chasing of the ball results in disaster...

Pachimari

So I got the PC version for super cheap apparently.

It feels very much different from FIFA 15 which is cool by me, even though I need to adjust a lot of things. Where can I find the PC Pro Club? I have never really given it a chance but I would love to play as a defender.

Also, a good tip for the new, use L2+R1 (I have set it to L2+R2 though) to make small and effective turns with the ball, that way, you can easily out dribble a number of players.

Wreav

Banned
Sorry, I play Seasons and FUT so don't know what you're talking about. The cursors turning yellow when players are low on stamina makes this game borderline unplayable with a guest as no one knows which player they switch to near the end of a game. They better patch this out.

Well, in Pro Clubs, you have an additional star icon, so it doesn't matter, but yes, obviously a problem for local or co-op season matches.

moai

Bought it yesterday, anyone else feel like it plays more like standard FIFA and less like the FIFA 16 demo did?

I think this plays nothing like fifa 15 and im not sure this is a good thing. 15 or 14 were very arcadey and 16 has a massive learning curve. I even have two pro club players that are refusing to play the game until they "fix" passes. You can easily tell who was using automatic passing controls on previous games, they can not adjust to the change on 16.

Pachimari

Okay, I am going real crazy soon!

Why is my FIFA 16 on Origin crashing every time I start it up? When it is loading at the FIFA 16 logo, it crashes. I have no idea why.

Can someone help me with this?
It's very frustrating. :(

My settings are:

1920x1080
Full screen
4x MSAA
Locked 60fps

And if I finally get it to play full-screen on my TV, then whenever I use the dpad on my DualShock 4 controller, it skips 2 tiles in the menu all the time. And if I press X, a pop up window quickly appears and disappears. So I have to use Circle to enter a section in the menu, but then it suddenly ask me if I want to quit the game, so I can't actually get into a game.

This is so troublesome...

Beefy

I see loads of people are having problems with game. Mine like theirs crashes everytime I go to play a career mode game. If I sim the game is fine. So annoying.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Okay, I am going real crazy soon!

Why is my FIFA 16 on Origin crashing every time I start it up? When it is loading at the FIFA 16 logo, it crashes. I have no idea why.

Can someone help me with this?
It's very frustrating. :(

My settings are:

1920x1080
Full screen
4x MSAA
Locked 60fps

And if I finally get it to play full-screen on my TV, then whenever I use the dpad on my DualShock 4 controller, it skips 2 tiles in the menu all the time. And if I press X, a pop up window quickly appears and disappears. So I have to use Circle to enter a section in the menu, but then it suddenly ask me if I want to quit the game, so I can't actually get into a game.

This is so troublesome...

Mine crashes when the gamepad (I have a Wii U Pro Controller and a Mayflash adapter) is connected in Dinput mode. Once I set it up as Xinput it starts without a problem. Maybe it is something similar. While searching for the issue I also found that if it's not gamepad related reinstalling the C++ redist might help (it's in the FIFA folder in _Installer/VC).

You might try these 2 things.

Pachimari

Mine crashes when the gamepad (I have a Wii U Pro Controller and a Mayflash adapter) is connected in Dinput mode. Once I set it up as Xinput it starts without a problem. Maybe it is something similar. While searching for the issue I also found that if it's not gamepad related reinstalling the C++ redist might help (it's in the FIFA folder in _Installer/VC).

I'm gonna check out the C++ thing, though I don't know how to check if my DualShock 4 is using Dinput or Xinput.

I'm currently reinstalling the game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How fast can one make 15,000 coins? I wanted to start my FUT Draft over, but didn't know it would cost.

Pachimari

Okay, so I checked, and my controller is using Xinput already.

Now my problem is, that the game crashes on start up all the time... I even tried updating the C++ but it keeps crashing. I have a competent PC with Windows 10. Do other PC users have problems with FIFA 16?

its more like standard fifa than the demo, yes, but its nothing like 15

massive learning curve

Yh it's certainly got different feel to 15, I didn't actually own 15 and whenever I did borrow it, I was playing on PS3, and playing on old gen felt quite a bit different/worse than on a PS4/Xbox One, so I can't really say how different, but I agree it definitely feels different.
What makes you say massive learning curve btw? Aside from shooting, refs blowing for more fouls & goalkeeper passes/touches I haven't had to change much yet.

I think this plays nothing like fifa 15 and im not sure this is a good thing. 15 or 14 were very arcadey and 16 has a massive learning curve. I even have two pro club players that are refusing to play the game until they "fix" passes. You can easily tell who was using automatic passing controls on previous games, they can not adjust to the change on 16.

Really lol, I actually think the passing's alright, I've noticed through balls sometimes go in the air now even if you just press triangle, which can be annoying but aside from that I haven't encountered many other problems. When I was more on FIFA I always played manual, last couple of years I've played semi which is decent enough, can't stand assisted so fortunately I haven't really needed to do much adjusting.

Metfanant

What makes you say massive learning curve btw? Aside from shooting, refs blowing for more fouls & goalkeeper passes/touches I haven't had to change much yet.

It probably speaks more to my playstyle than anything else, but my biggest adjustment has come defensively...

In 15 I could pressure the ball all I wanted..in 16, if I try the same , my opponents (regardless if its Barca or Mother Mary's Sisters of the Poor club team) will one touch ping pong pass the ball around like laser beams and posses the ball for 80% of the match...

RdN

It probably speaks more to my playstyle than anything else, but my biggest adjustment has come defensively...

In 15 I could pressure the ball all I wanted..in 16, if I try the same , my opponents (regardless if its Barca or Mother Mary's Sisters of the Poor club team) will one touch ping pong pass the ball around like laser beams and posses the ball for 80% of the match...

Yeah, zone defending works a lot better in 16 instead of pressure, which tends to open up spaces.

Unrelated, I'm really enjoying the netcode this year. I have yet to find a laggy match both in Seasons AND Pro Clubs, which historically had the worst netcode of all time.

Lashley

How fast can one make 15,000 coins? I wanted to start my FUT Draft over, but didn't know it would cost.

Very easy, use the coin boosts from catalogue and play a few matches

Yh it's certainly got different feel to 15, I didn't actually own 15 and whenever I did borrow it, I was playing on PS3, and playing on old gen felt quite a bit different/worse than on a PS4/Xbox One, so I can't really say how different, but I agree it definitely feels different.

People need to build up play now. They can't just run and skill etc, the passing is harder this year. Some simple passes fuck up, I don't know if thats an error or what.

Defending is harder too, basically the game holds your hand less. Some players can't cope with this.

Don't know who I prefer playing more in Ultimate Team, the AI or online players

Absolutely loving it this year. This and Mad Max is filling my time in nicely.

Yeah, zone defending works a lot better in 16 instead of pressure, which tends to open up spaces.

I totally agree! Any time I just keep my back 4 in line the attacker has a tough time getting through. But as soon as I take one off the line to put some pressure on, they have a much easier time slipping through and making a bee line to the goal uncontested.

Pachimari

I'm loving it too. Is the EA Sports Championship Cup in Seasons new? I'm pretty sure it wasn't there in FIFA 15.
And I just started up Ultimate Team as well, but I'll probably get stuck in it, when I don't have any more coins for contracts at some point. I hate contracts but I'll give the mode a chance this year.

Can people say which platform they bought the game for? Maybe I could do a list, so we all have an idea of who we can play against. Be welcome to post your PSN/Origin as well.

List
  • Madridista - PC

Lashley

What type of matches? I started that basic tourney and got 700 coins per game. Is there a faster way to do it?

all pay the same mate, online pays the same as professional/world class offline

tournaments are good if you win it since there's extra coins and packs as rewards

Pachimari

I found out, that I need to start up FIFA 16 with DS4Windows deactivated, and when it has launched, I'll start up DS4Windows and the DualShock 4.

etta

my hard graphic balls
all pay the same mate, online pays the same as professional/world class offline

tournaments are good if you win it since there's extra coins and packs as rewards

Thanks, guess I'll have to grind with shitty teams. Ughh, the 6-minute per half is wayyyy too long.

Top Bottom